LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » getting worse before better?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: getting worse before better?
RogerC
Member # 12609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RogerC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. I've posted a few times on here the last couple days.

Just a recap. Bitten on June 14th, got the bullseye rash. Didn't realize I needed to get on antibiotics.

June 27th went to Doc and wasn't feeling well, told her about tick byte and she put me on Amoxicillin 500mg 3x per day.

July 22nd, feeling worse than ever. Major pain in right hip and virtually everywhere else hurts on my body. ER doctor prescribes Doxy 100mg 2x per day.

Today is third day on Doxy. Major joint pains are better, but I feel like I have the flu and my back is killing me, just achy sick and very tired. Also, when I woke up this morning, I woke up sweating like crazy, anxious, air hunger, pulse of about 109 and really bad headache/back and neck pain.

Is this a sign the doxy is making things better? I certainly hope so, but I sure feel terrible.

Thanks and my best regards to everyone!

Roger [Smile]

--------------------
Just looking for answers. i appreciate all the help everyone on the board have provided [Smile]

Posts: 34 | From Missouri | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sucks the life out of you, doesn't it!? [shake] [cussing]

Sounds about right. I sure hope you don't have babesia as well. That's another reason to have an LLMD.

Hang in there, let's hope you begin to feel better soon!
 -

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RogerC
Member # 12609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RogerC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lymetoo,

Does this sound like Herx to you? I've read what I can about it.

I am going to call the LLMD tomorrow and see what I can do about being seen, even though my VA insurance won't pay for it. Any idea of what an LLMD might charge for an initial visit/consult?

Take care,

Roger

--------------------
Just looking for answers. i appreciate all the help everyone on the board have provided [Smile]

Posts: 34 | From Missouri | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes....the proverbial herx.

I'll PM you.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TickTock4422
Member # 12553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TickTock4422     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RogerC:
Hi everyone. I've posted a few times on here the last couple days.

Just a recap. Bitten on June 14th, got the bullseye rash. Didn't realize I needed to get on antibiotics.

June 27th went to Doc and wasn't feeling well, told her about tick byte and she put me on Amoxicillin 500mg 3x per day.

July 22nd, feeling worse than ever. Major pain in right hip and virtually everywhere else hurts on my body. ER doctor prescribes Doxy 100mg 2x per day.

Today is third day on Doxy. Major joint pains are better, but I feel like I have the flu and my back is killing me, just achy sick and very tired. Also, when I woke up this morning, I woke up sweating like crazy, anxious, air hunger, pulse of about 109 and really bad headache/back and neck pain.

Is this a sign the doxy is making things better? I certainly hope so, but I sure feel terrible.

Thanks and my best regards to everyone!

Roger [Smile]

Posts: 57 | From La. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roger,

When it comes to serious diseases such as Lyme sometimes you have to forget about saving your pennies and save yourself instead.

If you see an LLMD soon hopefully you can nip this in the bud.

All of us would love to have our insurance companies pay for the treatment but many don't or won't. Some LLMD's have good staff and they can help you to get the antibiotics covered. Sometimes primary care doctors don't want to take charge but will okay antibiotic scripts by the other doctors.

Go see the LLMD, pay out of pocket if you have to and get better. Your health is everything. Good luck!

Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and some of your symptoms sure sound like babesia to me. I'm not a doctor so that's why you need to see the LLMD for a more expert opinion.
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement