LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » have antibiotics helped your eye symptoms??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: have antibiotics helped your eye symptoms??
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my eyes are still bothering me. they itch like crazy and are red when i wake up. i put drops in them in the middle of the night. i often feel like my eyelid weighs a ton and there is a lot of pressure around my eyes and temples.

and the twitching drives me to distraction (a short journey!!).

my eye doc says conjunctivitis and gave me some eye drops. they helped for a day or so but the symptoms are all back.

i'm pretty sure this is lyme because i never, ever had these eye problems before.

and this is the most scary symptom of all. when it comes to my eyes, i just freak out.

so have antibiotics helped your eyes? if not, what did the doc do to help??

i'm afraid to use over the counter.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doxy with pain behind and around eyes.
my twitching was head to toe (including eyes) and that has mostly gone away as well.

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES I had Adie pupil and blurred vision and decreased vision and hordes and villages of floaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sharp stabbing pains like someone was hitting me in the pupil with a hot needle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL GONE for YEARS AND YEARS after Iv RocephiN!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! The pain behind my eyes have gotten better slowly with treatment over the past year, but my floaters have gotten worse for sure in the past year. It helps to see a lyme literate opthamologist.
Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Visual Afterimage Man
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Visual Afterimage Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that you bring this up.. yes. 9 months of abx have helped with the pressure behind the eyes. They helped with the floaters when I was feeling better..

But now I've slipped back a bit so I feel like my eyes have issues again.. but the pressure hasn't come back.

--------------------
26 months of treatment. And counting.......

Posts: 298 | From Northeast Kansas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear:
Have you tried washing them with a decoction of Stephania Root?

I haven't done that, but Buhner recommends it.

I find what works best for my for MY eyes is Devil's Claw. I ran out yesterday, and haven't made any more up, and my vision got bad again today. So as soon as the big thunderstorm gets done here, I am going over to the old house and encaplulate some more.

All I have to say about eyes.

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went back through the information from the New Haven symposium and bartonella can often be the root of eye problems. One slide states ophthalmologic manifestations with bart symptoms: visual loss, neuro retinitis.
Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Public Health Alert front page article on bart lists associated ocular disorders: blurred vision, depth perception and retinal damage.
Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
she7
Member # 11244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for she7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best thing that I found to help with conjunctivitis symptoms was Collyrium eye wash. A great MD in TX recommended this to me and it helped a lot.

In the last few years I began to have out of control floaters and squiggles in my eyes. It was often misconstrued as visual aura effects from migraines by MDs.

My LLMD said that He suspects the floaters and squiggles are spirochetes in the eyes.
I have found great relief from Sulfacetimide (sp?) eye drops.

Hope this helps. I thought I was losing my mind.

Posts: 35 | From st. Louis | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
she7
Member # 11244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for she7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS- Quinine helps the twitching- at least for me. It is in tonic water.
Posts: 35 | From st. Louis | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by she7:
The best thing that I found to help with conjunctivitis symptoms was Collyrium eye wash. A great MD in TX recommended this to me and it helped a lot.

In the last few years I began to have out of control floaters and squiggles in my eyes. It was often misconstrued as visual aura effects from migraines by MDs.

My LLMD said that He suspects the floaters and squiggles are spirochetes in the eyes.
I have found great relief from Sulfacetimide (sp?) eye drops.
Hope this helps. I thought I was losing my mind.

##

I thought the squiggles were the Floaters?
I have had the squiggles for many years. Before Lyme. I was told by eye doctors MOST people get them when they get older.

Jim.
###

Visual Afterimage Man
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Visual Afterimage Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The squiggles you see are floaters.

There are transparent floaters that you can just see their outline, but can see through them.

There are dark floaters that look like a spec in your vision that dart all over the place as you move your eyes.

--------------------
26 months of treatment. And counting.......

Posts: 298 | From Northeast Kansas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was shocked when I went to church,sat half way back,,,and couldnt see the peoples faces in the front,,just blurs.

My mother and her mother before her had macular degeneration,,,I may too,,,dunno,,or just the lyme,who knows.

Anyway I have a regular old TV from 25 years ago. Cant see the suits or numbers on the cards 'sometimes',,,watching 'Poker after dark'(they show cards and percentages of winning in corner),,,but SOOOO small. Guess its made for big screen tv's.

My eyes are becoming my worst symptom. they itch and burn like crazy in the mornings too.

Randibear,,,have you tried taking allergy meds in morning??,,,like benadryll or cheapie look alike?? And cheapie OTC counter ingredient in Claritin as an example,,,sure helps me!! Costs about a dime a day!! pretty reasonable feel better!!

Hope all get better,,,I cant seem too,,,any abx I take can better be served by throwing at a rock,,,same difference!! sadly--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drdre
Member # 12212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drdre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had everyones symptoms here plus I got brown spots on my iris.
Posts: 14 | From SC | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

I told a psychiatrist years ago that my left eyelid drooped ever so slightly. I got, "hehe Everybody's face is uneven." She thought I was OCD-ing.

Of course this preceded the eye pain and more constant eyelid droop.

Last night though I had some freaky eye symptoms. Specifically, it was almost like I had the light on a dimmer, and someone kept turning it down on me. Pretty scary.

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For itchy eyes there is a good homeopathic over the counter found in most pharmacies around here called Similasin.

It works really well with no side effects. I'm using cooloidal silver eye drops for floaters, and its working.

I understand that antibiotic ointment works well for floaters too.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement