LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ? Dizzy,almost passing out...Heat or Lyme/Bart'?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ? Dizzy,almost passing out...Heat or Lyme/Bart'?
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now and again my balance goes really off,but today I have almost passed out 3 times,and it is scaring me.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately,things have been hectic to say the least.

Mom almost bled to death the week after July 4th,she is finally feeling better [Wegners/ Granulomatosis w/ several complications]. Unfortuneatly many more family issues,I wont go into.

It is all leading to way to much stress for TxCoord and I,including job and funding difficulties.

We go to see my LLND in Utah,on Aug.6,hubby too as he isn't getting much better fronm the WNV issue last year.

It's been deucedly hot hereabouts,high 90's to low 100's for weeks. So I don't know if the Nuero Lyme and Bartonella are the cause orwhat? My blood pressure has been going up to much lately too.

Right now I feel like a prisoner in the house...ww went to the store earlier and I had to grab onto stuff twice to keep from passing out. I really don't like this.

Any tho'ts on what it may be,what I can do???

At the moment I am on a mild allergy sinus med w/ Tylenol,and Methylcobalamin[B12]. Thats about it. The allergy Sinus meds don't usually cause me trouble...so I'm kinda puzzled as well as a bit shook.

Thanks for any tho'ts you may have,I appeciate it! Jus' the Silverwolf,in soft tennis shoes today.

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
she7
Member # 11244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for she7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lately I have been fainting myself. I thought it was from a pain med that I was taking.

I used to get dizzy all the time before my first round of abx back in 2002. I had forgotten- a pal reminded me recently- so I guess that shows that it improved for a while.

Turns out it is not the pain med, but the Tick-bourne inf. At least that is what my LLMD suspects,. Especially considering that I am off the med now.

I hope to be starting IV abx ASAP- I have been really rough since knee surgery in May. I hope that it gets better- I know it can be scary. Let me know what you find out.

Posts: 35 | From st. Louis | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get this fainting feeling too. Al the time. It is probably my most persistant symptom. My llmd or his nurse anyways, said its probably because of my low blood pressure. Do you have low blood pressure?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmystermite
Member # 11671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmystermite   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This symptom is the very one that caused me to have to leave my job a year ago..

I have found that the heat definitely makes the feeling worse...and, yes, it stinks..

I have yet to find a LLMD in my area and have not been officially diagnosed, so I don't have any answers for you, unfortunately...

But know that you are not alone..

Posts: 50 | From Port Crane, NY | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi silverwolf

sorry to hear about your mom [Frown] Hope she can feel better too [group hug]

I hope you call your doc, just to be on the safe side & hope your dizziness goes away.

I get dizzy but never actually passed out. Sinus problems can also go into the inner ear so maybe your doc can look at this too?

Fogged in lately but have you posted what you are taking as a sinus med? Some cold remedies can drop me for a loop [dizzy]

Stress can be a real bad trigger for my lyme as well.

Heat can leave me really weak, am in the middle of my summer lsup. hopefully the fall will bring better times [group hug]

Yikes, passing out ....that must be real scarey [group hug]

hang in there [kiss]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This also was one of my most debilitating symptoms. What caused it - I can't really know for sure.

I would however first suspect the blood pressure thing. Swings too high or too low can cause an awful lot of balance issues.

In my case, when I was hugging walls for balance (or so bad I had to spend the day horizontal because movement caused vomiting), my BP was around 170/110, which is quite scary now that I think about it.

Also, sinus issues also could contribute and throw off your balance (the kind where the floor feels like it drops out on you??) I had both issues going on at the same time so no one could say for sure.

What helped:
Getting on a beta blocker and getting my bp under control

Long term fungal treatment to clean up the fungal farm that had set up shop in my sinuses

Meclizine - 2mg tablets. Available otc - main ingredient in most motion sickness meds. (Effects are short-lived. For me, lasted about 3 hours).

2 mg Valium - twice a day. Standard protocol for Meniere's (chronic tinnitus with no know cause). Shuts off your inner ear and allows you to ignore those goofed up signals you may be getting. And enabled me to get off the couch and continue working.

I hope you find the cause and a treatment that works for you. Because nothing's worse than the dizzies IMHO. [Wink]

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having an increase of dizziness and feeling as if I am going to faint also.

Happens inside....in a/c.

I am now on low dose of Cortef....2.5mg a day for adrenal function.

I know this has helped my NMH until this past week.

I think (hope) for me it is part of a babs herx.

Are you eating? Drinking enough water?

Maybe you feel dizzy as your blood pressure is up....instead of down.

I know sinus meds have a tendency to raise blood pressure also.

I don't see why High blood pressure couldn't be related to adrenal function as well.

May want to call LLMD prior to appt. and see what he/she says.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks <<<<< Lymer Friends >>>>> for input and info'.

Still fighting dizzyness issues,and feeling weak. Never had any trouble from my sinus meds,but always could be a first time?!

Right now, I'm sure that TxCoords eye condition,isn't helping our stress level [see his post this page]. Meanwhile our Dr. appt. w/ LLND has had to be postponed.

Just can't believe this is all happening at once... from Silverwolf the Shook One.

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SilverWolf,

I have this also, I'm definitely a wall hugger!

For me, I guess it could be blood sugar and blood pressure but with all the other shaking I get.....my currently LLMD

Has said seizure activity and that's what I think at least some of it is.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry you and your hubby have had so much stress lately. I hope your mom starts to feel better.

Stress does make me worse ... for me it more so the big stressers (like a close family members health) and not the day to day stuff.

I have balance issues and I do get lightheaded ...

the lightheadness does seem to be worse in the heat and I didnt have this problem in any prior summer...

but this is the first summer I have been treating babs so maybe for me thats got something to do with it.

I find if I sit or lie down the lightheadness goes away ... or if I am outside come in out of the heat and sit down..

I would definetely call your dr about it cuz so many different things can cause it.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like many others have already said, dizziness and feeling like I would pass out was the symptom that I had the worst.

Sometimes it got so bad I felt like I would just pass out even while sitting or laying down. Sometimes it felt so bad I felt like I was just going ot die. It was terrible and yes, extremely scary.

Plus, this was all happening to me before I even knew what was wrong with me, so that made it even more scarier.

Ever since being treated, the dizziness has subsided thankfully. Some days I still notice it, but it's very sparatic. It got worse before it got better though. When I was first put on medicine it felt like I was swaying ALL the time. :\

Just wanted to tell you that I know how you feel.

Good luck.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Tilt table test will go a long way to identifying the dizziness and fainting. It won't uncover the cause.. Possible treatments will be offered at that time. The meds. help but it's trial and error.
You may want to contact wildcondor on this site, She has been through it.
Also do a search on this site (Lymenet) for (NMH)
I've had this for 4 years with the dizziness and passing out. Many trips to the ER. and many dr.s with many tests. So dizzy that I've been house bound for the most part.
Here are some abnormal tests I've had,

Abnormal Brain stem response,
Positive Tilt table test, --(NMH)
low Renin,--Kidney
low Aldosterone-- Adrenal gland
Very low Citrate,--Pancreas
low sodium-- Kidney,adrenal
low Vit. D-- ??
high Ammonia --??

I've found many, many people with lyme with some or all of these abnormal tests. All have the dizziness and fainting problems. So it's very probable it's lyme as the cause. Low blood volume and low blood pressure, sometimes high are some findings.
A note of interest, 95% of the people with CFS have this dizziness and fainting. I don't know what this means but there seems to be a connection.
Al

[ 28. July 2007, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: Al ]

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement