LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need HELP please what abx got rid of lyme in the joints

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need HELP please what abx got rid of lyme in the joints
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for citruslyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ma having mobility issues in my joints and would really appreciate some support and feedback.
has anyone here had this symptom
what abx helps best with lyme in the joints.

i can barely bend my spine and knees
did any abx help anyone with this and what kind please share
thanks

--------------------
citrus

Posts: 248 | From student | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Ceftin has really helped this symptom for me. My knee pain came back with a vengence when I tried to go off it last year! Hope you are feeling better soon.
Hugs,
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lynn, My llmd uses plaquenil for this. Hope you are well!
Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey Citrus trying to find that certain abx by asking what one worked for us probaly wont cut it.
Because it seems to be different in each individual.
What you need is a good abx that penitrates that deeply.
Heres a link
Abxs that penitrate
ABX'sPenitrates
I like Biaxin,Minocycline,Doxy,Septra or Bactrim,Ceftin hard gut flora,Tindamax,Flagyl,Levaquin watch that one.
Theres tons of good ones.
You need one that is Bactricidal, and one that is bacteriostatic.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Tree. Yet, I can agree that ceftin got rid of the knee pain for me, too.

IV rocephin and IM bicillin are good lyme treatments and most often arthritis is associated with Bb. Yet, I see arthritis mentioned with bart and babs..... so I am clueless.

Are you going to see an llmd?

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiz
Member # 10301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chiz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Citruslyme

My son was found to have HLA DR4 antigen. On this basis his LLMD put him on plaquenil and it resulted in an immediate improvement with his joint pains. Other LLMDs recommend plaquenil for other reasons e.g alters pH intracellularly to make zithromax more effective.

Plaquenil is only licenced for use in rheumatoid arthritis, which is thought to be an autoimmune aetiology (I think that's spelt etiology in american English). It was originally a malaria treatment but no longer recommended for this as it is associated with high levels of resistance. Interestingly, I am sure that my son improved on plaquenil because it was treating babesia which we now think he has as a coinfection. But his joint pain improved within days of starting plaquenil.

About 20% of caucasians have HLA DR4 antigen and they are at increased risk of rheumatoid arthritis and having an adverse reaction to vaccination with lyme disease vaccine.

Maybe worth asking your LLMD about?

Chiz

Posts: 67 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or your problem may not be the bacteria and in that case abx are not the answer.

You may have food sensitivities. These cause an immune response and are VERY COMMON for those of us with chronic illness. You can develop new sensitivities at any time just as you can become allergic to medication at any time.

My doctor identified egg whites, lettuce, lobster, red bell peppers and halibut as food sensitivities. Stopping these foods initially caused a rash on parts of my body as it expelled toxins. The joint inflammation and pain reduced substantially. Pretty good for someone with Rheumatoid Arthritis. My life returned to normal with minor joint pain. I went from a high moderate RA to weak positive.

That was one year ago. Recent food allergy testing shows a new allergy to diary casein and soy. Stopping those foods has eliminated the joint pain altogether. I haven't had a retest for RA but I bet I am currently in full remission.

Luvs

Amazing but true. Hopefully, once the disease is gone, the food sensitivities will be also.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squeegee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squeegee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minocycline improved my knee pain and the addition of Plaquenil eliminated it.
Posts: 105 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found that IM bicillin and plaq really hit my joint pain and almost cleared up all the symptoms.

I also found this combo to really help against headaches and cracking joints.

Feel better.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for citruslyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for all your insights

hmm plaquenil sounds promising

can plaquenil be used with biaxin to help absorb it better
how does it alter your PH anyone here know

I did not notice anythign on the macrolides for my joints--only made it worse.

I take it the macs dont penetrate well

I know the macs dont get into the spinal fluid, but do they get into the other fluids like the knees and hips......

or does one need an abx that crosses the blood brain barrier in roder for it to kill the ketes in the synovial fluid.....

the food sensitivities idea sounds good---the toxin theory

so toxins can actually make your joints ache and swell and you dont have to have an ifnection in there
I never had a positive RA test though.
the inflammation is massive however and mobility limited

did anyone here ever fele like burning acid or hot boiling water dripping down their joints

I get this all the time on my spine and other joints and wanted to know if this is normal.
I have asked this question numerous times and no one here seems to answer it

so i would really appreciate any advice on that
like is it normal, does lyme do this

thanks

--------------------
citrus

Posts: 248 | From student | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

up for more input

--------------------
citrus

citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

[QUOTE]Originally posted by savebabe:
[QB] I found that IM bicillin and plaq really hit my joint pain and almost cleared up all the symptoms.

I also found this combo to really help against headaches and cracking joints.

Savebabe did you have babs or just lyme
like maybe it killed the babs in the joints

--------------------
citrus

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
citruslyme,

70% of the immune system resides in the gut. A leaky gut causes disease and disease can cause a leaky gut. Vicious circle and never one without the other. BTW, my stomach never hurt. I would never have made the connection between my gut and my joints if not for my doctor.

I have been diagnosed with babs, H.Pylori. The doctor put me on plaquenil on June 4. I have been taking ever since. She started me on amoxicillan and biaxin on 7/27/07. So far, the plaquenil has not done anything obvious. The amoxy and biaxin are creating an increase in joint pain which she told me to expect a flare of some kind. I am dealing with it by taking 2 aspirin morning and 2 evening. This is keeping me pretty much painfree so far.

She will increase my biaxin to level good for babs once she hears I'm tolerating this dose so well.

On one visit she told me I am casein and soy allergic and within 48 hrs of cutting that out of my diet, all joint pain was gone. That was before the amoxy and biaxin had had time to cause a flare.

Even though you are on antibiotics for the bacterias, you still have to remedy the gut. The two treatments together work far better than either one alone.

Abx alone is especially bad because abx cause damage to the gut flora balance which can increase your illness. Vicious circle.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when you took bicillin or ceftin did your joints get even more painful before they got better or did they just feel better right away? thanks for any input
Radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am only on ceftin 1000 per day. it has really helped my facial twitching. i don't have the joint issues but i take 1500 of glucosamine. i can tell when i don't take the glucosamine, i really start hurting.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me it was IV Rocephin only-
different for different people-!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to clear up my joint pain pre-lyme diagnosis by taking high doses of freeze dried garlic capsules.

Allicilin seems to be quite potent for lyme. You won't stink if you take it with parsley or chlorophyll.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

thanks everyone for your input
california lyme-----your mail box is full----

Can anyone here describe their joint pain associated with borrelia-- what sensations

and did it get better with abx right away like rahdah asked or did it get worse
more input appreciated

--------------------
citrus

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ceftin helped me, along with acupuncture. But it all took time.

When I started treatment, I couldn't walk without limping, cross my legs or completely straighten out my right leg. The pain was excruciating.

Now I am able to do all those things...but I've been on abx for 2 years.

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had babs, bart and lyme.

The best combo I was ever on for all these diseases was;

Plaq
ketek (or biaxin)
Mepron
septra
IM bicillin

I also use glutathione and B-12 to detox and boost my immune system, along with a multivitamin.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement