LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr Zhang's Protocol for Bartonella

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr Zhang's Protocol for Bartonella
Porsche
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Porsche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone used his herbs for Bart and been successfull? Does anyone know what he uses for Bart? Buhner says Resveratrol, but he doesn't mention Allicin at all, I wonder why? Allicin is one of Zhang's heavy hitters.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been awhile since I read Zhang's book and even worse, my lyme brain doesn't remember everything from when I was reading it. But if my recollection is right, he doesn't have meds for Bart.

The Allicin I weas under the impression was for the lyme. He does have various herbs that work for building up the system and attacking several different aspects, ie the artemesia is for bartonella.

If someone is aware of what Zhang uses for Bart, I too would be very interested, but I wasn't aware of anything.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not familar with Buhner protocol. It seems to help many.

For the most accurate information, I would go straight to the source for either author. If locating one of the books is a problem, perhaps someone could loan you a copy that you could mail back to them.

In additon to honoring accuracy, to be fair to the author and to avoid copyright infringement, I won't go into specifics.

Yes, Allicin in one of Dr. Z's heavy hitters. But his is a precusor to allicin and clearly BETTER than other allicin's out there, in my experience. (I've tried them all.) He detailed his formula in his book.

p. 34 of his book addresses Bartonella and suitable treatment.

And if you go to PubMed and search "allicin" you'll see many articles from around the world about it. Allicin has even knocked out MSRA in the UK hospitals. (go to BBC.com and search "allicin, MSRA")

You might also search PubMed for Coptis, Houttuynia cordata, Sarsaparilla (smilax). These are other major helpers for various TBIs. (A formula of Artemisinin with other extracts for babesia.)

Again, articles from all over the world on PubMed. And he can offer further documents if you'd like or you can ask Hepapro how to access his own research, too. You may need a password.

And note that his formulas are combinations and usually extracts, not the raw herbs.

It's best to talk directly to Dr. Z. about it. On his website is his phone number. It would be helpful to have your test results and time-line/symptoms and if you can read his book first before talking to him, it would speed the chat along.

You can find it through Amazon or Hepapro's site. "Lyme Disease and Modern Chinese Medicine"

I've used his herbs on and off. I have tried less expensive brands, but I gotta say that NOTHING is as full force as his formulas. I can tell a difference and have decided to stop the cheaper products from here and there and stick to his protocol.

I just finished 18 days on the alternative to allicin protocol as, for me, for now, I needed a different approach. I think I can really stick to this now.

I can't take the abx, so this helps. But, he can also coordinate with your LLMD, or MD to incorporate abx.

He also has a alternative path for those who can't take allicin.
It does have a strong odor, so if you are social get everyone you know hooked on Italian food. Mosquitoes may keep their distance, too, I think.

I saw him in a seminar a couple years ago and was very impressed with him and all the patients from far away who were doing very well (all were hepatiis patients but, still, doing VERY well).

[ 06. August 2007, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S.

you mention that Buhner doesn't use allicin.

I recall something about it being a "hot" herb, stimulating, etc.

I don't think there is any one way to treat and that it is very individualized.

It is good we have some choices. It is good to have a place to ask what has helped others. And it's good that we can email or even call the researchers themselves and ask for guidance.

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

From the British Broadcasting Company-

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/health/3344325.stm

Published: 2003/12/24 01:09:59 GMT

GARLIC 'BEATS HOSPITAL SUPERBUG'

The ingredient which gives garlic its distinctive smell is the latest weapon in the battle to beat the hospital "superbug" MRSA.

University of East London researchers found allicin treated even the most antibiotic-resistant strains of the infection.

MRSA (Methecillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) causes an estimated 2,000 deaths in UK hospitals each year.

Researchers are now testing allicin products in a six-month study.

Dr Ron Cutler and his team discovered the effectiveness of allicin in laboratory tests five years ago.

They found it can cure MRSA within weeks.

It is even effective against the newer strains which cannot be treated by the "last line of defence" antibiotics Vancomycin and Glycopeptides.

Fatal infections

The team have developed a nasal cream, pills and soaps.
===
The effect of the treatment was dramatic
Deborah Brown, patient
===

Initial trials have proved effective, so researchers will now test them in a six-month study of 200 volunteers including healthcare workers and patients.

The scientists hope the products will be used by people working in hospitals so they can prevent MRSA being passed on to patients, as well as the patients themselves.

MRSA organisms can live harmlessly in humans, carried in the nasal passages and on the skin, but they can cause fatal infections in immune-suppressed patients, the elderly, the young and those with surgical implants.

Dr Cutler told BBC News Online: "My aim would be to firstly work to try and reduce the carriage of MRSA amongst healthcare workers.

"But we would also hope to use allicin treatments for patients themselves."

He added: "The trials we have conducted so far show that this formulation is highly effective against MRSA, and it could save many lives.

"MRSA is causing a genuine crisis in our hospital system in Britain and worldwide. Antibiotics are increasingly ineffective, but we do have a powerful natural ally.

"Plant compounds have evolved over millions of years as chemical defence agents against infection.

"Garlic has been used in medicine for centuries, and it should be no surprise that it is effective against this very modern infection."

'Incredibly painful'

Deborah Brown, 34, from Rainham in Kent, contracted MRSA after a major spinal operation in November 2000.

Painful wounds on her spine failed to heal for two years, despite using the antibiotics and creams currently available.

But within two months of using the allicin creams and pills, her MRSA had virtually cleared and the wounds had begun to heal.

She said: "The effect of the treatment was dramatic - I am making a good recovery - but it was really awful at the time.

"Having weeping wounds on my back that never healed was incredibly painful and I became increasingly depressed as the MRSA didn't respond to repeated courses of antibiotics.

"If my case helps to show that allicin works against MRSA then I am glad that something good might come of it."

The research is to be published in the Journal of Biomedical Science next year.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/health/3344325.stm

Published: 2003/12/24 01:09:59 GMT

� BBC MMVII

Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garlic is heating and it is one of the things to avoid on the Tibetan diet I am on.

Before I went on the diet I did a lot of garlic almost daily. I actually feel better now that I am not eating any garlic. I feel calmer now without it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buhner recommends both the 'core protocol' herbs (andrographis, cats' claw, and Japanese KNotweed) and the following add-ons for bartonella: boneset tea (hot tea, not cooled or tincture or capsules) and red root tincture.

The boneset is an immune stimulant (I love this herb for flu, by the way, and they used it a lot, successfully, in the 1918 flu pandemic in the US to prevent fatalities) and the red root helps the lymph system move toxins out of the body and otherwise stimulates healing (sorry, I don't remember the technical details of how it works).

I had some bart symptoms but a negative Igenex bart test, and I used Buhner's bartonella protocol (ie andrographis etc along with lots of boneset and red root), and my symptoms went away, but I don't actually know that this means I had it or that his protocol would work for everyone.

I asked Buhner about boneset on his planetthrive.com column and he said it was safe to use long-term (it wasnt clear from the book). He also discusses that herb in his Herbs For Hepatitis C And The Liver book.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement