LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Nervous System Crashing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nervous System Crashing?
nancyf723
Member # 7505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nancyf723     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in treatment for Lyme and Babs 2+ years.
I've noticed my nerves totally crashing when something goes wrong.
I don't mean emotional melt dwn although that does happen.

I mean a physical melt down, i turn into a bundle of nerves when the slightest thing rocks the boat. Stuff that you would normally just let slide.

I am so anxious I can barely function.
Is this damage from Lyme/Babs or is it still a symptom. I've got plenty, but this one seems scares me.
thanks
Nancy

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be candida? Are you taking nystatin,
this is very good for some.

What about another coinfection?

Just some thoughts. [Smile]

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea but therapy can really be helpful especially if it scares you- in talking it all out!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our nervous systems appear to be drastically affected by CNS lyme. I've had my share of nervous system crashes over the years, and definitely they are worse when herxing...

Treatment for candida (diflucan, in my case) stopped a meltdown dead in its tracks, so that is good advice as far as considering candida as a possible cause, IMO....

As much as I hate to suggest this, as I have mixed feelings on the issue-- have you tried SSRI/SSNRI drugs? I'm not implying that you are depressed, in the traditional sense -- rather that a lot of us have found relief from these drugs in that they seem to help calm the nervous system down and combat some of the damage caused by being ill. Others, however, have had a worsening of symptoms... so it does seem to vary how people respond.

Cymbalta helps me tremendously. Paxil, too, has helped me a great deal in the past... and as much as I dislike the idea, I am coming to terms with the fact that I will likely be on some kind of psych-med for life.... For me, it is a quality of life issue -- I simply can't function well when I'm having a physical and/or emotional meltdown over the inevitable small daily stressors that we all face.

Take or leave this -- I just wanted to share my experience.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butchieboo
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking to the worsening of symptoms when lymies are prescribed psychotropics.

When lymies are prescribed psychtropics, they should be prescribed at first as "BABY DOSES".

I remember reading this somewhere out there in a lymelighter or something.

It HAS been my displeasure to have gotten the reverse affects from a couple of anti-anxiety medications.

They were prescribed as adult doses and when these did'nt have the desired affect was increased.

The increases always had terrible consequences.

Exact opposites would happen to me of what the drug was supposed to prevent.

BB

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had something like that for years.
A year ago I was riding my date (now girlfriend) on my motorcycle when a cop shows up behind us. He pulled us over and asked for my documents. As I start to rummage for the documents my hands are visibly shaking and ever more so as I take the driver's license from my wallet and pass it to him. Indeed, the whole thing was pretty embarrassing as both my date and the officer noticed this. I think that's why he let me go with a small fine.
I have had this since I can remember, especially in public speaking classes. Usually a beer or two before class helped [Smile]

I'd love to know if it was related to Lyme, or heavy metals or something else...

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement