LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bush's Press Conference

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bush's Press Conference
LED
Member # 9620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LED     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I watched Bush's Press Conference this morning through the eyes of Lyme disease, I was enlightened. He sounds like me! When I have a flare-up and try to teach my classes this is how I sound. I would like to compare earlier footage of him as his mouth drops down like mine. I noticed that he kept trying to pop his neck and jaw. I am convinced that he is continuing to suffer; his battle is not over.

We really need to do something the time is now. Whether you like him or not, this could be big for all of us.

--------------------
Texas

Posts: 54 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the announcement re his bulls-eye just goes to prove that my prviate theory was right- that being bulls-eyes are a sign of RE infection!!!

And it explains all those verbal gaffes he has made which were made into a series of bathroom books!!!

I am a libertarian but I almost feel fond of him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Well, maybe not, ALMOST though*)!*)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, repub, demo or libertarian or whatever, we can hopefully get some more enlightened press out of this, esp re Wormsers stupid comment that he's a prescient and knows Bush won't have any problems from it in the future- what an IDIOT!!! (Wormser!!!) Not Bush!! Oh!!! Well-

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LED
Member # 9620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LED     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish that I was a reporter. Wow, I would have some fun questions . . .

--------------------
Texas

Posts: 54 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 10 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching the Press Conference. Nothing was mentioned about his Lyme Disease. I wonder why. Does anyone feel that the press is prepared ahead of time on what they can and cannot ask? I have a feeling that is the situation here. Once again...more secrets.

Just wondering.

Hugs, Perplexed [tsk]

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure the press knows what's off limits.

But in a way it's good for us that they didn't ask him about Lyme, because then he would be forced to say that it was no big deal and it's left no residual problems--just so that he looks competent in office.

For him at this point it's going to be all about looking competent in his last year of office when he's already losing so much popularity. He's not going to be able to suggest that Lyme can cause some major issues.

Maybe when he's out of office he will talk!!

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started to watch the press conference, but I just don't see anything glaring about him to conclude that he has Lyme and is continuing to suffer.

I don't know, it feels like alot of speculation to me. Maybe he does and maybe he doesn't, I just think it is interesting to see how everyone is an expert on it now (including me!).

Robin

Posts: 276 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Email Senn Dodd's office asking him about it. He's closer to the Pres &issue than any other pol.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernCO
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthernCO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CaliforniaLyme: A Libertarian? Great to hear. That probably makes 2 of us on this entire forum. Sorry for the shameless plug, but the Dems have sure made themselves obvious here.

Why would the White House even mention this infection which was, according to them, a non-event? Wasn't Kennedy's disabling (and sometimes fatal) Addison's Disease kept secret for decades?

To me, Bush really does appear to be in the chronic phase just comparing his public presentation with my own problems. His halting, slurring speech, his loss of train of thought, his breathlessness, his sniffing (sinus infection?), and his inability to read from a prepared text, are just a few I picked up today. I haven't watched any of his speeches or press conferences for at least 4 years so I could see a dramatic change.

Is it possible the White House will reveal chronic Lyme right before the election? Hard to hate someone who is that sick.

Just my opinion. Thanks.

Dave

Posts: 175 | From Colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If so, pray he is stabilized for the next 2 years because "you know who" is second in line in power/ascendency to the throne, etc. !

Northstar

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calif.lyme what is your bulls eye theory exactly?

I had a bulls eye over 16 years ago and I was rather sick as a child at times with strep throats, mono etc. This was all before my rash. I also had at least one engorged tick attached to me as a child. It was my job to take all the ticks off the dog too and I just pulled them off with my fingers.

Even a year and half ago I smashed 2 ticks with my fingers not knowing that it was a really bad idea.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SouthernCO:
CaliforniaLyme: A Libertarian? Great to hear. That probably makes 2 of us on this entire forum. Sorry for the shameless plug, but the Dems have sure made themselves obvious here.

Make that 3 libertarians at least....and I'm one of those more radical western states 'just leave me alone' type....

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always thought there was something wrong with Bush. Not that he was insane or retarded; comments like that (usually from my friends) really upset me.

This is because when I look at him, I see myself. I only recently found out it was Lyme that was making me sick. But before that I was diagnosed with a physica dissability that really also was learning dissability. I had always assumed that Bush must have had a dissability, for he was essentially just like me when it came to speaking, thinking.

Now I know my problems really stem from lyme, but it only makes me more positive he is suffering from what I suffer from.

He was not always like he is now. HE is not retarded, stupid, or insane. He is just sick.

He might not be a good person, but he is not stupid! Every attack on his speaking ability that I heard only felt like an attack on me. I always worried " what on earth must people think of me if they think of him like that?" "does this mean I will never be able to achive anything because I look 'retarded' like my president?"

(Now I know there is hope in my future, thank god...)

This is very interesting, and could be very good for us Lymies. While I hope he does not have lyme, there is clearly something wrong with him health wise. If he is suffering from a chronic lyme, eventually it is going to be addressed. His family is not going to sit by while he gets progressivly worse. When he is out of office we will find out.
If he does have lyme, he is a perfect example to the whole world what happends. If he has lyme, no one will ever be able to hide from this truth ever again.

This news is all very interesting.

I'm a Libertarian also. Voting for Ron Paul (most likely). [Smile]

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doctor the President sees is going to tell him that his treatment for Lyme disease might have failed and that he now has chronic Lyme. Think about it! To tell Dubya would be to open the biggest can of worms in the world.

Even if sa doctor had the honesty and integrity to tell him, they'd be fired. And if they did tell him and they began to treat him (correctly) they would never come out and admit it to the nation.

If they wanted to appear to be helping (with no intention of doing so, they'd just use their lousy tests over and over to prove the point that there is no way he could still be sick with Lyme disease. And of course he couldn't possibly have gotten it in TEXAS. Legislators, physicians, and public health swear there are no ticks and no Lyme in that great state.

Private theory?? A bull's-eye proves the person already has Lyme disease? Never thought about it but it sure fits for me!

Are you saying that lots of people (zillions) have already been infected and are asymptomatic or already have Lyme-caused symptoms they don't know the cause of? So when they are bitten again the body mounts this defense?

If this is true, as it is for the ACA rash, then it's no wonder short-term treatment fails so often. WOW! Thanks for thinking outside the norm. [bonk]

Posts: 422 | From Luck home | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vanilla- a bulls-eye is caused by actual spirochetes and although Duray found they replicate more quickly then he had thought when he did the in vivo experiments they don't replicate THAT quickly in my opinion!!! I believe the bulls-eyes are awakening spirochetes which had been dormant. No documentation to back it up- my private theory which began as a private theory of someone else I know with Lyme who I respect-

just a theory but one I really believe even with no documentation-

that bulls-eyes are always reinfections-

ALSO another person I respect also has this theory because they brought up how there are less bulls-eyes among children-

could be wrong-!!!

but I believe it-

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Interesting CaliLyme!

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Skyler:
I have always thought there was something wrong with Bush. Not that he was insane or retarded; comments like that (usually from my friends) really upset me.
--------------------------------
Every attack on his speaking ability that I heard only felt like an attack on me. I always worried " what on earth must people think of me if they think of him like that?" "does this mean I will never be able to achive anything because I look 'retarded' like my president?"

Well said!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mjo:
No doctor the President sees is going to tell him that his treatment for Lyme disease might have failed and that he now has chronic Lyme. Think about it! To tell Dubya would be to open the biggest can of worms in the world.

Even if sa doctor had the honesty and integrity to tell him, they'd be fired. And if they did tell him and they began to treat him (correctly) they would never come out and admit it to the nation.

Sad, but very true!! [shake]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the Libertarians have been kind of quiet......

I'm with you!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be wrong, but if memory serves me correctly, President Bush stuttered as a child. I think this may be some of the reason why he messes up his words.

I don't know, but I would think President Bush would be grateful to anyone who gave him the truth about Lyme, especially if he gets very ill. He is an active man and I imagine it would be devastating for him to lose his physical abilities.

Just some thoughts.

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement