LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM DARYL HALL ABOUT GEORGE BUSH AND LYME DISEASE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM DARYL HALL ABOUT GEORGE BUSH AND LYME DISEASE
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM DARYL HALL ABOUT GEORGE BUSH AND LYME DISEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Los Angeles, CA - August 9, 2007 - The news that President George W. Bush has been suffering from Lyme Disease for more than a year really caught the attention of Daryl Hall, one-half of the world's biggest-selling music duo of all time Daryl Hall & John Oates, and someone who was also diagnosed with the illness over two years ago.

Hall is hoping the President's admission will focus more attention on the causes and antidotes of the little-known malady: "While I'm sorry when anyone gets Lyme Disease, maybe it takes a person in power to draw attention to what all of us who have the disease, are going through. The withholding of information for a year points out the confusing politics of the disease.

Now, George Bush can feel our pain."

Caused by a bite from an infected blacklegged tick often found on a deer, Lyme Disease symptoms include fever, headache, fatigue and a characteristic skin rash. If left untreated, infection can spread to joints, the heart and the nervous system. Most cases of Lyme disease can be treated successfully with a few weeks of antibiotics. Steps to prevent Lyme disease include using insect repellent, removing ticks promptly, landscaping and integrated pest management. The ticks that transmit Lyme disease can occasionally transmit other tick-borne diseases as well.

Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_music_blog/

http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/

Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DARYL DARYL I FORGIVE YOU I FORGIVE YOU AND I WILL EVEN BECOME A FAN NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Yup, Daryl Hall I hated without really knowing him because of that song Saaarh Smiiile because people sang it to me including MY DAD (dead now)
alllll the time including my high school boss show store manager when I was selling shoes and wasn't happy enough about it- Saaarah smmille sarah!!!!

AND then he has been SO awesome re Lyme-
and now THIS!!!!

The way I feel toward him now is the way I felt toward Richard Blumenthal when I heard about his investigation- like that commercial where the woman gets a diamond in the italian piazza and the pigeons fly away when she yells
I LOVE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or does the guy yell I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!! I forget!!! But that exaltation of affection!!! YAY*!*)!*)!!

Lyme awareness*)!*)!

Daryl is right up there with Richard Blumenthal!
Well, maybe NOT QUITE- but almost*)!*)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for Daryl Hall! Good for us! I hope lots of other people will step up and call attention to this nasty affliction and to the bills before congress.

I am working on a local TV follow-up to a recent piece on Lyme.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

I love Daryl too....

Good thing he has all of us (I assume) on his side to back him up.

Daryl you are our voice sing for US !!!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEA!!!!!! I wish he would have said more....but this will do for now!!!! [woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news!! Go Darryl!
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!!! [Big Grin] [bow] [woohoo]

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, GO Darryl, we need all the help we can get.

[woohoo]

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle108
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle108     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really wonderful!
Posts: 217 | From New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am i dreaming?? Daryl Hall is the best :-)

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I don't remember seeing that list before. Thanks AL.
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU DARYL!! [kiss]

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymeblue:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_music_blog/

above link allows COMMENTS but your email will be PUBLIC.....none there so far

http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/

this link doesn't allow any comments.......

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Darryl!!!!
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least he's not "out of touch" with the Lyme Dilemma [Wink]
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, Daryl!

I actually emailed Michael J. Fox to let him know he had Lyme. Hmmm?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweetpea's Mom
Member # 12817

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sweetpea's Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Al:
Famous people with LD

Alphabetical Index of Famous people with LD

Berkley Bedell, former Iowa Congressman
Neneh Cherry, member of musical group "Fine Young Cannibals"
Mary-Lynn Currier, marathoner
Nick Esasky, former baseball player
Michael J. Fox, actor
Julie Furtado, professional bike rider
Richard Gere, actor
Pete Harnisch, New York Mets pitcher
Rob Hill, TargetChip Ganassi Racing team crew chief
Rob Kress, former Detroit weathercaster, WXYZ (Channel 7)
Wanda Kurdziel - hiker/backpacker
Irene McGee, former cast member of MTV's "The Real World"
Tara McMenamy, three-time All-American cross country skier
Carrie Nye, censored Cavett's wife
Chelsea O'Donnell, daughter of Rosie O'Donnell, TV hostess
George E. Pataki, Governor of New York
Gary Player, golfer
Kevin Salem, rocker
Tom Seaver, former New York Mets pitcher
Pete Seeger, folk singer and activist
Jamie Lynn Sigler, singer (Meadow on "The Sopranos")
Tim Simpson, professional golfer
Diane Varsi, actress
Alice Walker, author
Christie Todd Whitman, Governor of New Jersey
Michael Zaslow - Soap Opera, "Guiding Light", actor

Where did you get this list? Michael J Fox has parkinson's disease. He even said he was tested for Lyme and does not have it. (We all know that Lyme may have triggered Parkinson's - but Michael himself denies having it.) What was your source for that list? Are you just taking a guess about these people or is does this list have references to back up your claims?
Posts: 24 | From Maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Daryl! Thank you for being so articulate about this.

[Cool]

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you forgot:

bigbird
micky mouse
snuffleupogus (sp?)

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetpea's Mom,
I just copied and pasted it from some other site, (Don't remember where or how long ago), and passed it on.
If you want more info. you will have to research it.
I can't verify or document any information I read on any site.
I think I have lyme disease but I can't even verify that.

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael J. Fox DID have Lyme disease in the mid 90's. He talked about it on the Letterman show, and he was featured in several magazines talking about it.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And some baseball player, Tim Raynes has LD.

I found that out because he lives near me and the Fed Ex lady was wondering why I was mailing blood samples off and I told her about Lyme. She said Raynes played baseball for a NY team? I know nothing about sports so I have no clue.

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ann-OH:
Michael J. Fox DID have Lyme disease in the mid 90's. He talked about it on the Letterman show, and he was featured in several magazines talking about it.

Ann is correct!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Getting Better
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Getting Better   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can anyone say "most people get better with a few weeks of antibiotics" . . . ?

The fact is we do not know this. We do not know how many people get it, how many people's immune systems deal with it, etc etc etc.

We just don't have the facts. Not even the BASIC facts.

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 533 | From CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
contact hall and oates

http://www.hallandoates.com/

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6t5frlane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6t5frlane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also John Kerry and Senator Schumer in NY
Posts: 355 | From NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement