LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ear ringing/nausea/tears...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ear ringing/nausea/tears...
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi -- I'm back from "vacation"! Glad to read y'all.

Right before vacation I stopped Malarone because of gut problems; I continued on Amox.

Vacation was rough albeit sweet with family. I became increasingly nauseous with ear-ringing and emotionality.

The ear-ringing is literally making me nuts. can't focus and I'm sweating bunches. Need to cry and be away from my children because their voices seems too loud.

Does anything help?

I'm going to start baby steps with Malarone again, but I wonder if I'm flaring, herxing or having a tough time handling my Amox. Real hesitant about adding to my load.

This is not a graceful period.

Advice?

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minocycline caused my ears to finally drain - initially - but then they started to clog up again while on it. I'm not sure if this was a herx or if there is potentially more than one bug causing them to fill up with fluid like this and ring.

Unfortunately, I had to stop the mino due to a black tongue discoloration.

I hope somebody else here can help us both. It's driving me insane, too. I even get dizzy spells while lying down from it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those sound like my symptoms, which my LLNP thinks are from ongoing Babs. I've done a total of 8 months on Mepron/ketek and mepron/zith/macrobid, and then tried malarone/zith/macrobid for 3 months... I couldn't tolerate the malarone, for some reason ( I did ok on Mepron). Nothing has knocked it out yet, and I relapse immediately if I stop the babs meds. I do get some intermittent relief while on them... oh, and I've been doing artemisinin thoughout this whole thing, too.

I'm now starting biaxin/tindamax, and we'll likely add another round of mepron into the mix if I can tolerate it....

Hard bug to kill, Babs. I suspect there are other co-infections (aside from Bb, obviously) adding to the symptom picture... I'm beginning to wonder about Bart, as some of my sx do indicate I may have it.

I'm seronegative for both bart and babs (but CDC positive for lyme) -- but the testing doesn't cover nearly all the strains of either.

I just got tested for mycoplasma fermentans... will be interested to see how that pans out.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] [kiss] [group hug] thanks for the update on your vacation during your herx. not been on med you are on a little at a time.

i do have ears ringing a lot and my hearing is extremely sensitive.

have you tried those yellow cushions you can put in your ears so your kids are not the loudest volume? good luck ! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had horrible constant tinnitus- ear ringing- for over 2 YEARS and never thought I would hear silence again or anything without that horrible droning ringing-

and now for over 6 years I have had silence inside my ears*)!*)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So even if it has been constant for 2 YEARS
there is hope*)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula 007
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8002

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Paula 007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there is hope? I have had ringing in my right ear for years. Never goes away. And, yes, it does seem as if it will drive you crazy (crazier?).

I'm with Betty on the ear plugs, though, with kids that are loud. IF they're old enough to understand. You can still hear; just quiets it down some.

Posts: 108 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bettyg -- just came back from CVS with ear plugs! We'll give them a try!

californialyme -- you are always good for gleaning some optimism. I keep telling myself I'll get better in "however long it takes..." sometimes I forget... this time you're keeping me going!

tailz, mini & Paula -- this ringing makes me feel mentally wacko. the earplugs are a start, except when lying down. I've also got intermittent ear pain too. Think its babs... May the Force be with us all!

[group hug]

Best to you and thanks for the supportive words,

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula 007
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8002

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Paula 007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what? You didn't mention ear pain before I don't think. My husband (also has Lyme) has recurrent ear infections. Don't know if it's related to Lyme or not.

I think we sometimes assume that everything wrong with us is Lyme. You could have an ear infection.

Sorry I didn't respond to your request about the emotionalism and queasy stomach.

After I stayed home quite a while being sick, I also got that way when I went out. Especially being with family members that might not understand your illness can really cause a lot of emotionalism.

Sometimes you are really making an extreme effort just to be there.

You're in our prayers.

Posts: 108 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hummingbird2
Member # 4217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hummingbird2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not to belittle anything, but it could just be that you have sinus problems. If you have a lyme doc, you might ask her/him.

How much of allergenic responses like congestion, stuffed up ears, etc. can be attributed to Lyme, or the environment?

--------------------
Bright Blessings!
Joy

Posts: 51 | From Santa Cruz | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you mimimonkey. It's Babs.

Does the tinnitus get so bad for anyone else that it wakes them in the night?

Anyone else scared by sounds they can't interpret?

Posts: 422 | From Luck home | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement