LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help with food choices? Meals?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with food choices? Meals?
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my gut has finally seen its darkest hour. I am back to the food allergies again... where everything I eat makes me sick.

Darn that leaky gut.

So... to fix it I need to radically change my diet... and go back on the L-Glutamine. And it means I must eat stuff I normally don't or won't eat.... while giving good stuff I do eat a chance to sit until they can be re-introduced.

Last time the tests showed I was NOT allergic to beef, chocolate and one other thing- I forgot.

This time.. rather than going through the $$ tests.. I am listing foods I am not currently eating as much as others... so I can eat them now HOPEFULLY without a lot of problems. Some of them I have not eaten at all for a good while... some not recently.... some only rarely.

I could use some help with making a list with EASY to fix.. REAL easy... SIMPLE and CHEAP meals... so I know what to buy.. how much of it I need and have some sort of organized plan.. etc.

I tried a dietician last time that my doctor sent me to so I could get help.... and they told me they couldn't and wouldn't do it.. and that was not possible.. and some other rude remarks. My doctor chewed them out and I won't be trying that option again.

Any one have any suggestions? Even ONE meal or one serving?

I will list what I can eat below.. and I do appreciate ANY help as organization is NOT one of my skills.

THANKS BERRY MUSH!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know canned soup is not the best for you but Amy's organic lentil soup with some fresh greens tossed in like kale or cilantro or basil and some avocado added in is one of my favorite easy lunches. A bit of lime or lemon is good when it is done cooking or you can grate dry cheese on top or sprinkle flax if you eat flax.

Can you eat fish like wild salmon?

Baked chicken with lemon juice olive oil and olives and canned articokes is good.

Yogurt chicken baked is good and you can have the yogurt sauce over brown rice pasta when you are done baking the chicken.

I would stay away from gluten for a bit or forever and see if that helps your digestion.

Good luck and feel better! Acorn is a very good cook so maybe she can suggest some things. I am not much of a cook.

Follow your gut and not the un-reliable tests. That should be our mantra on these boards.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are the main foods I SHOULD be able to eat...

Turkey

Lamb

Veal

Salmon

Lobster

Snapper

Swordfish

Trout

Clams

Scallops

Black beans

Chick peas

Pinto beans

Almonds

Hazelnuts

Brown Rice

Sweet potatoes

Buckwheat

Pineapple

Eggplant

Cauliflower

Turnip

Mushrooms

Flax seeds

Hey.. at least it's better than beef and chocolate for 3 months!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vanilla..

You are FAST! Thank you! You wrote all that before I could list what I could eat... so MY fault some of them I can't. The lentil soup does sound good! I should be able to do it... and am planting greens for the fall crop in the garden to use.

Some things I may be able to eat I hadn't listed because I normally wouldn't eat them.. or their cost or availability prohibts them. Or I can't "remember" how to cook much and they seemed complicated.

The problem is I don't need things that are "good for you".. as I eat them regularly. The problem is I am now allergic to them because I DID eat them all the time... so I have to stray to other things for several months.

NO dairy, eggs, chicken, salads, fruit, veggies.... other than what are listed. That is my mainstay... so they are all out. As is garlic, onions, and most spices.

Soooooooooooooo... I welcome ALL help! And thank you vanilla. You gave me good ideas with homemade broth (turkey) and adding greens to it!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Vanilla
Unregistered

Lamb chops or lamb or salmon burgers

Go to

glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/

I am sure she will have some recipes you can do.

I make brown rice pasta a lot with veggies and I simmer it all in one pot. I then top with olives and ghee and grated goat cheese and cilantro and basil.

Oh you do not have to grate the cheese on top but many who can not do cow dairy can do goat cheese and or ghee.

I am not suppose to do garlic right now either and I feel healthier when I do not do it. I can do onions but only if they are cooked.

Check out some of Amy's other soups too. Or make some homemade soup.

Vanilla
Unregistered

Nut-thin crackers with turkey on top.

Lettuce turkey roll ups with fresh herbs or anything else you can eat included in the roll up.

Vanilla
Unregistered

3 words - hummus hummus hummus and you can make almond milk to drink too
Vanilla
Unregistered

whoops maybe you are not allowed to do lettuce but try rolling things up in other greens that you can eat

grilled mushrooms are always good and you can make them with fish burgers

Tincup
Member # 5829

WOW! Vanilla..

Need a job? We can make a deal!

You cook.. and I'll.. I'll.. I'll... well... I'll think of every reason NOT to clean! HA!

Excellent ideas! You REALLY don't know how much I need to SEE this in print and get ideas like this... as my mind can't picture up stuff. That part got broke a while back.

So I thank you!!! Really!!!

I almost feel like I may make it?

Any ideas, I'll put them down and head to the grocery store.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Oh.. and you said.. "hummus hummus hummus"

I say.... "food poison food poison food poison!"

[Eek!]

My luck is NOT great. You may remember I was the one who bought some "healthy" pear juice at the health food store and turns out it was fermented.. and shouldn't have been... and I didn't know it... and I got a bit tipsy, to say the least, from it.

And my first try at hummus.. I remember it tasted so good. But it made me soooo sick! I bought a brand of hummus that was recalled right after I left the store!!! I was camping and had no access to radio or tv to know about it... and got Listeriosis. NOT fun!

And I bought a case of Rice Milk.. which was not properly processed.. and luckily I HAD used it before and could tell there was something wrong with it.. ALL of it. I called the health food store and they insisted it was good and to drink it. Then I contacted the company directly.. they checked the batch number and while I was on the phone they checked other cartons... and told me NO.. don't drink it!!!

So I have to laugh as my poor stomach rolls over in circles. HA!

Oh.. you said.. .."and you can make almond milk to drink too".

Ok. I am not figuring this one out? Do I crush almonds in order to milk them? Seems quite labor intensive.

Or.. can't you buy it already made?

I like almonds... so that might be something I would enjoy.

Thanks again!

[Big Grin]

And no.. I can't eat any lettuce of any kind as I eat it regularly... and with it I eat all the things that go in salads.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Vanilla
Unregistered

You are very welcome and I have an over active imagination or so I have been told.

Google recipes for just the foods you can eat.

Check out George Harrison's lentil soup recipe and you can leave out any ingredients that you can not eat and it is just as good.

http://www.stuck-inside-a-cloud.net/Thanksforthepepperoni.html

I have made it before with just lentils spuds and carrots. Or if you can not make it now there is always later when you are better.

I am a big lentil soup fan. I could eat soup every day if I had a cook besides myself to make it homemade... I am really not much of a cook at all. I eat way too much goat cheese and Nut-thins because I am too lazy to cook or shop when I should.

If only we all lived closer to Acorn's house we could drop in un-announced at dinner and knock on the door and say "candy gram" and try and sneak in there like we belong. Acorn cooks a lot on weekends - we could sneak in there tonight for a good meal.

Acorn what is on the menu tonight? I am just asking for a friend and no that is not me a landshark suit.

clairenotes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salmon mushroom cauliflower shish kabobs.

Salmon fillets with nut crusted coatings.

Various turkey or fish stews cooked in vegetable broth.

Turkey or lamb and mushroom buckwheat crepes.

Buckwheat pancakes.

(Follow fish with a dose of chlorella, perhaps).

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
Oh.. you said.. .."and you can make almond milk to drink too".

Ok. I am not figuring this one out? Do I crush almonds in order to milk them? Seems quite labor intensive.

Or.. can't you buy it already made?

I like almonds... so that might be something I would enjoy.

Thanks again!

[Big Grin]

Almond Butter is good all the time. I am addicted.

As for almond milk... I've only tried it twice. Not quite right yet but...

I put a handful of almonds in a glass of water and let them soak overnight (or for a few hours). Take off the outer skin by sqeezing them, sorta. (this is blanching without having to heat and burn your hands as far as I can tell).

I put them in the blander with a little water and blend. So far it's been liquid and somewhat gritty. It worked great on cereal.

I suspect I haven't let it blend for long enough but it tastes fine.

There was no cooking and very little clean-up.
(they probably sell it already made in stores [Wink] )

I'm not so good at this and don't cook.

I hope it resolves soon.

Remind me I need to add something to this that may be relevant but i need to take a phone call first.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

V said... "Google recipes for just the foods you can eat."

DUH ME!!! I've been googling for food lists all day and there are 500 zillion that I've checked and they aren't helping one bit!

So that is perfect! Thanks!!!!

And yes.. I'm free for supper. Anyone cooking?

[Big Grin]

Claire!

Wow to you too! I actually have an imagination.. as Vanilla said she did. But darned if I can come up with this kind of stuff. Not even close!

I can't pick which from your list sounds best as they all sound GREAT! I think I'll try this one first as a friend just returned from Alaska and shipped home lots of Salmon.

"Salmon fillets with nut crusted coatings."

Oh yeah! That sounds real good!

Thanks for the tips!!! And they sound easy too. Except for the buckwheat cakes. That is one of those overnighters that takes more effort.. but maybe I will try it as I LOVE buckwheat pancakes! None better than the ones they make at Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia! My mouth waters just thinking about them!

Thanks again!!!!

[Big Grin]

True...

Is almond butter like peanut butter or butter butter? I like soy nut butter.. which is like peanut butter... but can't eat it now.

OH! I just remembered.. thanks to a friend... I have LOTS of coconut oil! I can use that for some of the stuff where oils are needed! Good good!!!

Now.. I know I sound like a Forrest Gump of the kitchen.. and to think before I lost my brain I was a real "chef". So this IS embarrasing... but..

The almonds you soak for milk. Are they in the shell.. or whole almonds? Or halves?

Sorry for the questions.. just totally lost here.

I know.. call Betty crocker!! But I figured YOU would be cheaper and LOTS more fun!

Thanks!!!

[Big Grin]

Oh and landshark! I got 'cha! hehehe

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Vanilla
Unregistered

Whole raw organic almonds out of the shell no need to peel the brown part off of them. Soak them over night and here is the thread with the almond milk recipes - it is easy to make but helps to have an nut milk bag but a strainer and cheese cloth will do:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=056926#000000

Cave's house is closer then anyone else's here to crash for dinner but after her Afghan Hound cake post I am afraid to ask what is in her oven tonight - on second thought I think I will stick to my diet of goat cheese and nut-thins but I just ran out of nut-thins and the closest decent ones are 35 minutes away.

[ 13. August 2007, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Vanilla ]

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC, the almond butter is like peanut butter only way better since it's made of almonds.

And it's got nothing in it but almonds! No added oil, salt, sugar, nada! [Smile]

I get the crunchy kind at whole foods. (They didn't have the capability to grind it fresh the last time I was there.)

Oh, I just blended the almonds (raw out of the shell) and water and didn't strain it. Figured I wanted the fiber. [Smile] It wasn't seasoned or anything. (I imagine you can cook it into other foods as well... substitute it for dairy, use it in soup?)

Ok, if you can have brown rice...
You can do almost anything with that... have it with any of the beans or legumes... I beleive that nets you a complete protein, even. Put your fish or meat on it...

You can cook anything in coconut oil. So you could also stir-fry anything on your list.

disclaimer: I don't cook.

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

home made black bean dip with Nut-thins
jblral
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jblral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup--can you eat plain rice cakes? If so, those are good for dips, like hummus. You can also spread them with almond butter. My daughter and hubby both have to be gluten-free and have other food issues, so I understand how difficult this can be.

Someone mentioned Amy's brand of food. They've just come out with some new gluten-free items, including gluten-free mac and cheese. (My daughter loves it, but hubby can't tolerate the cheese.)

If you get one of those little electic mini-grinder/choppers, it's easy to puree a can of garbanzos or black beans for dip--Takes about 15 seconds. If you can eat veggies, you can use those to dip, too.

Whole Foods has its own brand of gluten-free pizza crust that comes frozen. Thaw it, add toppings you can eat, and bake in the oven.

There's a brand of energy bar called Larabar that we recently discovered at the health food store. They are gluten-free and no added sugar--and they taste good! Here are the ingrediants off the "chocolate coconut chew": dates, almonds, walnuts, unsweetened cocoa power, unsweetened coconut. They really taste wonderful. They come in different flavors, if you can't handle chocolate.

Regarding Almond milk--you can buy it at the health food store. Hubby drinks that too. I just noticed at Whole Foods the other day that there is a hazelnut milk, which I brought just to try. Haven't opened it yet though.

Good luck!

Dorothy

Posts: 991 | From California | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TC,

I remember speaking to another lymenet person a while ago, who was having gut issues. She went to see my LLMD, and he put treated her for H. Pylori, even though she tested negative on the test.

And...she was able to resume "normal" eating habits (whatever that is with this dang disease!)

xoxo

CBL

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Much tastier and probably healthier to make your own nut milk. Really it is not so hard to make and you can keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 days. If you can soak almonds for 4 hours to over night and can push a blender button you are there.

Amy's has had gluten free mac and cheese for a long time now or at least at my Whole Foods. Even the tiny over priced grocery store in my one horse town sells it.

I doubt Tin Cup should be eating even that mac and cheese at the moment because it has cheese in it. Nor can she eat their soy mac and cheese that tastes like rubber anyway and soy is not good for humans to eat.

Read about how soy can whack your thyroid and distress your digestion and put fake estrogen on your estrogen receptors on the link below and no these people are not against vegetarians they just know the truth about soy.

The natural foods industry will sell you any old piece of possum doo and pretend it is good for you knowing full well that it is not. Do not give your children soy milk and do not eat soy flour or powder either. Give soy the boot and just say yes to healthier foods.

How do I know? I worked in the natural foods supplement industry and do not believe half of what you read in Delicious Magazine either. Companies pay to have them write articles about their products and they make it look they just happened to be writing an article on the subject.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

The Truth About Soy

Have you ever wondered about soy? It's promoted as the miracle food that will feed the world while at the same time prevent and cure all manner of diseases.

But what if all you've read about soy is nothing but a multi-million dollar marketing strategy based on scanty facts, half-truths and lies?

Most people remain unaware that soy is known to contain an array of potent chemical toxins. The modern manufacturing processes of high-profit industries make no effort to remove these potent toxins. High levels of phytic acid, trypsin inhibitors, toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines are all present in soy products.

Phytoestrogens that disrupt endocrine function and are potent antithyroid agents are present in vast quantities in soy, including the potentially devastating isoflavone Genistein. Infants exclusively fed soy-based formula have 13,000 to 22,000 times more estrogen compounds in their blood than babies fed milk-based formula, the estrogenic equivalent of at least five birth control pills per day. Premature development of girls has been linked to the use of soy formula, as has the underdevelopment of males. Infant soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease.

Soy is linked to infertility, breast cancer, hypothyroidism, thyroid cancer, and many other disorders.

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can try using the ingredient search feature at allrecipes.com .

You can list ingredients you want & those you don't.

There are other searches for menus & stuff.

[Smile]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

I am so excited to see someone thinking for me! My brain loves you!

Vanilla... Hope you don't starve! Thanks for the site info too! I do like black beans so the dip sounds delightful.

True... The almond butter sounds great! I LOVE my peanut butter.. so this will be nice to have! And I like your disclaimer! HA!

JBL... You have on your thinking cap and I appreciate it very much. Lots of good ideas! I've not heard of Amy's other than here today.. so will look for it. I have a chopper.. so no problem there. I like snacks so the bars sound good. And good to know I can buy the almond milk to try it first to see what it is SUPPOSE to taste like! And pizza? I think I love you!!! Thanks!

[Big Grin]

CBL...

I am soooooooooooooooo glad you broght that up! I NEVER even considered it! I am... no doubt.. my own worst doctor. I also have an appointment this week and CAN have that checked! THANKS for mentioning it.. or I would not have considered it.

Vanilla.. The soy mac and chees is nasty isn't it. I thought it was just me! I often buy stuff that sounds bad.. but it is "good for you"... but when I get it home.. it is even worse than I imagined! So thanks for all the extra tips. We might have to give you the Betty Crocker award!

AliG... You sweet thang you! You just saved me HOURS of looking for information!!! Bless your heart. This will be great! THANKS for the site and info!

Lion... Yes, a food diary is what I need to do! This will help... you are right. Thanks for the tip on the nut thins. It reminds me to check ingredients.. which is hard due to low vision. But knowing it is important ... I'll be sure. I am sorry your menu back when you were so sick was so, so ... I shiver to think about it... so awful! I hope now you are much better. I'll check into the Tinkyada's brown rice pastas. Sounds easy and good! Thanks!

Thanks everyone. To tell you how sick I am.. it is even hard to read about food right now! But it is giving me hope. Thanks so much!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's this?? You will have to reduce the amount since you are cooking for one!!

Zucchini-Tomato Bake

4 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
2 large zucchini, sliced in 1/4 in slices [I used 3 lg]
3 tomatoes [I used 2 large]
1/4 lb mushrooms [I used canned sliced buttons]
1/2 tsp basil [didn't use that]
3 tbsp chopped parsley
garlic salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 lb reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated

1. Preheat oven to 350 deg. In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over med-high heat. Saute` the onion and mushrooms in the butter. Add the zucchini and saute` until tender. Mix in the tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.

2. Place the vegetable mixture in a 1 1/2 [larger if using 3 zucchini] quart casserole dish sprayed with nonstick veg. spray. Top with the cheddar cheese. Bake for 20- 30 minutes.

Delicious!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckfever
Member # 9876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckfever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey TC , all of those meats and fishes are real easy on the grill. Just a little oil , salt &pepper and you're good to go .

Same with some of the veggies too.

As for the almond milk , I found it extremely difficult to milk those little suckers ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 97 | From West Chester ,Pa. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TC,

Remember that the person who had their H. Pylori resolved was treated _despite_ a _negative_ test. So be certain to ask your doctor about that as well.

All the best to you; I have suffered terribly with diet mod., and my heart is with you!

Enjoy the limits of those great creative recipes!

With best wishes,

CBL.

--------------------

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been cooking lots of stuff from the Wholeapproach.com forums (about an anti-candida diet). One thing they do is a lot of fun stuff with cauliflower instead of potatoes or white rice. Cauliflower 'mashed potatoes' is really good. You cook the cauliflower till it's really soft (either steam or boil it), then put into a food processor or other way of mashing it, with something like almond milk (or other non-dairy milk- the whole approach diet is anti-dairy)\, and use savory seasonings and olive oil or ghee to flavor it like mashed potatoes. It's SOO good I've had non-dieting friends come back for second helpings.

I think there's a few sweet potato recipes there too, they sometimes call them kumara (New Zealand contributors to the forum call them that). Your list looks a lot like the Whole Approach diet list of 'OK' foods. There's also lots of buckwheat flour recipes there.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garbanzo flour (chickpea flour) 'crepe' that might remind you of eggy things while you can't have eggs:

http://wholeapproachforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9356011311/m/3931048084

Cauliflower mashed potatoes:
http://wholeapproachforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7156011311/m/2311071654

The whole approach forums recipes area:
http://wholeapproachforums.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/2536011311

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

WOW! Just closing down... as I am so tired I can't hit the keys while typing... but read through and LOVE the new stuff.

Will comment on the posts next time on the computer... when I can think and share better.

Just totally exhausted right now.

And thank you ALL!!!

My belly laughs now! Well almost!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup how long did it take you to develop allergies to these foods.

For this Im worried about since I can only eat about 5 foods because of candida.

All the rest leave me with stabbing bruning pains, fatigue and depression!

I eat

eggs
onions
peppers
chicken
brocoli
cauliflower
peppers
squash
almonds

Even most nuts I cant eat because of the mold.
Too much dairy makes me sick and cheese is fermented. Bread and carbs make my feet burn terrible!

What to do?

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula 007
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8002

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Paula 007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel kind of silly with my little simple response - you've gotten so many good recipes, etc.

However - there's a website allrecipes.com where you can type in what you can and can't have and look for recipes. You can save to your online recipe box or print in several formats.

I wish you well. Diet is a never-ending problem, ain't it. If it's good for you, you don't feel like fixing it.

Posts: 108 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Oh, also...

My test for h.pylori was negative and the doc said it's not right unless it's postive. (Heh, sound familiar?)

I had a bunch of various abdominal pains.

I am taking Zinc Carnosine for it. Darned if it didn't make the pains stop in a few days. Yay!
(Being able to eat without pains helps your appetite.)

I ran out a little over a week ago and found out I did need them more than I thought... 'sOk by me... at least it's inexpensive. I just got some more.

I sent you an email.

ps. I still don't cook and almond butter can be eaten off a spoon.

pps. I don't know if you can have cashews but cashew butter is completely obscene but harder to find without any additives.

--------------------
more light, more love

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AliG:
You can try using the ingredient search feature at allrecipes.com .

You can list ingredients you want & those you don't.

There are other searches for menus & stuff.

[Smile]

Yea! Thanks for the site! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're very welcome, TuTu! I see Paula's a fan too. [Big Grin]

This site rescued me many moons ago because I always cooked from memory. Then suddenly I found I didn't have one [bonk] . I used to put in the few ingredients I COULD remember & viola, at least some close approximations!

Hey nut butter fans-
Did you ever try combining different butters on your spoon? It's a whole new experience! [Big Grin]
I mixed that awsome Cashew with Peanut once or twice while trying to gak down Mepron. At least it livened things up a little. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi AliG

Thanks for posting "The all recipe" link [Smile]

Fantastic webb site!! [spinning smile]

That's a keeper [Smile]

Dana [Smile]

[ 13. August 2007, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: 5dana8 ]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Glad you like it! [Big Grin]
[hi]

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Woah Nelly...

Getting to be too many posts to answer each one individually!

But I do want to say THANKS to everyone.

My tummy did a bit better today... but I'm not sure why? Unless of course it was because of the threats?

I'm still playing with a menu to live with.. so thanks again all!! Will keep you updated.

OH for those who emailed me.. my "outbox" is down.. I just realized. The server folks called and didn't know what was wrong.. and they were suppose to call back... but didn't.

So you will get a response once it is back up again I hope??

[Big Grin]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

AliG
Member # 9734

I foundout that all-recipes has a "healthy living" collection with all kinds of different diet options, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, etc....

I stuck a link in off topic because I believe I've seen posts over there looking for recipes from time to time. [Big Grin]

--------------------

BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeherx,

How do you know what foods make you burn/stabbing pains?

Does is happen immediately after you eat them or does it take more time?

I burn, but cannot tell if it is connected to food/yeast ect.

I think I have a good hold on my body, but I cannot come up with any pattern with food or most meds.

thanks
[bonk] BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, BJ well it happens boths.

Say I dont eat any sugar or starchy carbs for a week and my burning goes away. I also dont provoke it with exercise. Then I have a piece of chocolate cake, I might get a little tired but no burning. Then the next day I wake up with some foot pain or groggy. Then I go through my day ok, then I have another chocolate piece of cake. Within an hour my feet are burning terrible, I feel slightly drunk/hungover type feeling. My vision get more foggy/blurry/
I might slur words, get really tired and have to lay down.

Thas how I know.

Because Im a masochist(one who enjoys pain) I used to drink 10 cups of coffee a day with sugar flavored syrup in them. They would burn burn burn ,I would just take more skelaxin and flexeril. That worked for about a month or two and then I went on BIAXIN. Kept taking it and then BAM! Had a bad herx, worked my way up within 2 months to 2 tabs a day and then BAM, I was exposed to chemicals and got terrible vertigo and MCS, it went away for 3 days then BAM!@
I was exposed to citronella oil and my vertigo MCS came on and has not left now in over 3 years.

Its been a tough 3 years living with this chronic vertigo MCS cant handle mold stuff.

It must be yeast that the antibiotics caused to flourish. I wasnt taking enough probiotics and I was very much on the edge.

Ive got a long way to go. Still get the burning from anything fermented(MOLD), sugar,flour, fruit,
even from breathing moldy air!!!! Thats the toughest to explain!!!!!

Why would breathing moldy air cause my feet to burn????

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Ah...TC, what did the doc say? Are you being treated for H. Pylori? Has your diet become more exciting?

[though I must say some of those recipes looked good]

Shall I rephrase?...more diverse?

Best wishes,

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Some days you think you are oh so cool... then it all blows up in your face.

[lol]

I got to the doc. I had written 6 pages of stuff for them to review .. because verbally in the appointment the best I can say is uh uh blah blah garble garble.. and we get no where.

I sent it the night before I went. It didn't get there... but I didn't know it till the doc came in to see me. So it was uh uh blah blah garble garble the whole time.. and I kicked myself 22 times for not making a hard copy and taking it with me. So I need to wait to get tests... but..

The doc had an emergency and is out of town this week... so I need to wait till my email is read (I sent it again when I got home) and I get a response.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

I've done pretty good changing my diet so far.. thanks to you all and your suggestions. BUT.. I actually said out loud.. while standing in the store the other day...

"Are they NUTS?"

I was talking about you guys! HA!

I had all the good things you all recommended on my health food store list... and was rolling right along picking out this and that. No Annie's soups though, darn.

Anyhow.. I was really looking forward to the almond butter... and finally got to that section.

BUT, I must have missed the little post here that said it is $14.99 for 6 oz jar!!! YIKES!

[Eek!]

I have to laugh. I had NO clue it would cost that much!!! Guess I should have figured it would? I'm afraid I had to pass it up. I just can't pay $32.00 per pound or more for a substitute for peanut butter.

I did buy a 12 oz jar of soynut butter though for $4.99... which is more in the budget.

I got rice cakes, LOTS of fresh fruits and some veggies I hadn't had in a long while. I got a bottle of fresh carrot juice.. which I DO love... and drank it before I got home.

Can't remember all the good stuff.. but your efforts made me know I can do this!!! So thanks very much!!!

I also got some plantain today.. which I had once or twice in Costa Rica. Also some baby bananas. Bought some sugar free stuff.. and fresh pinapple.. and rice milk.. and almond milk.. and prunes.. and lemons.

I can now use that link to make up some good stuff to eat from what I bought.

And best yet.. I've been on the L-Glutamine and my tummy.. knock on wood... is doing MUCH better.

Also saw my regular chiro today and a dermatologist (for the first time). Chiro said .. and had mentioned it to me.. that he was upset cause I had looked so bad the last few times I was there. REAL BAD! Said he didn't want to worry me but he didn't think I was in good shape at all.

BUT.. today he said I finally looked better!!!

Thank you all again!

And I am going to make some homemade soups to eat on.. and add greens as I go. But my row of collards didn't come up in the garden so I need to replant them this week. Turnip greens looking good.. and carrots and squash... and beets... so I am getting there.

Tutu... someone planted a new kind of squash in my garden last month cause someone had extra seeds to share. Turns out it is a round zuchinni squash.. and there are at least 8 plants!!!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo.. looks like your recipe will come in VERY handy.

Again.. thanks to everyone for contributing!!!

Oh.. and I lost 3 pounds last week!!! A side effect of a better diet no doubt.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Vanilla
Unregistered

TC do you know your blood type? There is a book about eating for your blood type. It has really been a help to my digestion. I follow most of it except the soy part. I will not eat soy.

It is called Eat Right For Your Type.

trueblue
Member # 7348

Hi TC,
I buy the almond butter at Whole Foods, which is not cheap. (I don't know if you have one there.) I buy their store brand 365 Chunky Almond Butter. A 16 oz jar is $5.99, I think.

It's still a bit pricey but I eat it slow. [Wink]

I'm glad to hear you're doing better though. I definately wouldn't have recommended something that was a bazillion dollars a jar. Yikes!

--------------------
more light, more love

Tincup
Member # 5829

V- Yes I do know it. I've heard of that book but haven't read it. It would surely be a help... don't you think? Thanks for the tip!

True- Well that is a little more like it. I can do $4.99 for a jar of almond butter.. but NOT the $14.99 they were asking. They are known to be pricy.. but that price flipped my lid.

No, our choices of health food stores are few and VERY VERY far between.. but I am hoping to find it online maybe?

Oh.. and I'd like to share a diet tip for the day.

Don't eat too many prunes and then expect to have to go out in public the next day.

You'd THINK I'd learn!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC

I was the other day discussing exactly the almond butter issue.

The one that costs $12 to $14 are the almond butter made up ORGANIC almonds.

The one that true talks about is regular made up of regular almonds...

I buy the cheaper one as true does!!

Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement