LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » is Quest a reliable lab

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is Quest a reliable lab
citruslyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for citruslyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I was wondering if Quest is a reliable lab for TBDS.
I wanted to do a test for ehrlichia and for Tularemia.
anyone have a good experience with them
I called them today but they are uncertain if Cabadians can do their tests.
I never had an issue with Igenex or hemex.
is there a direct line to Quest bc I found MANY #s but they are for local blood drawing stations in the US
Is there a general customer service line
thanks

--------------------
citrus

Posts: 248 | From student | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skyler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skyler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quest is a horrid lab for tick born illnesses.

Your best bet is a specialized lab that focuses only on tick born illnesses. Like IgenX.

--------------------
I'm probably sleeping...

Posts: 419 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested CDC positive for Lyme through Quest neg for coinfections. I hear I am lucky....

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO WAY!!! Save your money and your blood!!

www.igenex.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Horrible lab!!

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested negative through Qwest labs for Lyme and other tick-borne diseases.

My LLMD sent my labs to another lab, and I was a strong, CDC positive for all three.

I'd go right to a different labs, bec a number of docs won't treat you if you don't have a positive test result.

At least that's my suggestion.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm always bass-ackwards.

Please keep in mind that I have yet to see a CDC positive.

I think the test timing and activity of my Babs might have actually been an issue for this oddity. [confused]

I have had two different Quest tests show some positive bands. An IgeneX in the middle, that I paid for out of pocket because we thought it would be helpful to see exactly which bands were showing, turned up NADA, zilch, squat! [Eek!]

I think this confirms that even IgeneX can miss the buggers. It all depends on our stupid immune systems, which are easily fooled by these buggers.

Quest also caught my Babs and has been showing ups & downs there that correspond to my increases & decreases in symptoms.

Now LabCorp, IMO, totally useless on ALL counts. [Roll Eyes]

You might look on www.questdiagnostics.com for contact info.

Good luck.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested Positive both times for Elisa and Western Blot with Quest. Elisas were high and 4 out of 5 bands with Western Blot. Dr C saw these results when I saw him in 2005, and he said that Quest did a good job with my tests. He was surprised!

Everyone has different opinions I guess.

Hugs, Perplexed [confused]

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by perplexed:
He was surprised!

I think that speaks volumes! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it does speak volumes, but he accepted their results and told me I am Lyme positive.

Guess the Quest Lab here in Lexington KY are on the ball.

Hugs, Perplexed [bonk]

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckfever
Member # 9876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckfever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With that kind of luck ,testing pos at Quest , I hope you're playing the power ball !!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 97 | From West Chester ,Pa. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by perplexed:
Yes it does speak volumes, but he accepted their results and told me I am Lyme positive.

Not all MD's are that smart!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

I was assuming that Dr.C is an LLMD. [Roll Eyes] I meant it spoke volumes that he was surprised Quest did a good job, because LLMDs generally know Quest stinks and they are rarely positive when they should be.

I guess I didn't know all the details. [Roll Eyes] [dizzy]

--------------------

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i tested all negative with quest, then positive with igenex.

i'd save your money or you can send it to me.....LOL

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Sorry ALiG,

I should have been more explicit. Yes Dr C from Missouri is an LLMD.

Hugs, Perplexed [Eek!]

Ellie K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellie K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was negative for Lyme and Bart on Quest, but positive on Igenex.
Posts: 390 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
davidx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davidx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a mixed bag for me between Quest and Igenex. Both were lyme positive but they split on the co-infections.

Lyme disease: Positive at Quest and Igenex
Babs: Positive at Quest but NEGATIVE at Igenex
Bart: Negative at Quest but POSITIVE at Igenex

--------------------
Same nightmare, different day!

Posts: 401 | From East Coast | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsy_bitsyone
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was cdc positive thru Labcorp. But heck my titer was 2.97. I HOPE they would catch that!

I guess I should be playing powerball too.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement