LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Where to get DE(Diatomaceous Earth) for detoxing and parasites

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to get DE(Diatomaceous Earth) for detoxing and parasites
Jellybelly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it safe? It looks safe to my untrained eye. But take a look for yourself. Here is some info to read:

web page

Here are a link to where FOOD GRADE (it MUST be Food Grade) DE can be purchased. CODES is FDA approved and is labeled as GRAS (Generally Regarded AS Safe):

web page

web page Do Not know is this brand is codex FDA approved. More expensive too. But so is the first product that I tried, which I thik I'll be switching to the FDA approved one that is less expensive.

If you do a Google search, so will find lots of locations to buy at. Often, it is puschased where you get livestock feed. It looks to be VERY inexpensive.

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More discussion of Diatomaceous Earth on this thread.

My comments there:
quote:
I have used it in my garden but have not tried it in my food. It works to keep the ants/earwigs under control. Farmers love to use it around chickens to deal with mites & flies.

I purchased a large sack of food grade DE. There are many different places to buy it from, but it is very expensive when sold in small amounts. but I believe the only food grade product they all repackage is the DIAFIL brand.

It is placed in graineries, mixed in with the grains to kill pests naturally so most grains have a small amount in them (so it may already be in the breads you eat, etc.) I bought 50 lbs from peacefulvalley.com for $20.

The food grade does not have the silica content... that is what makes it food grade. It is approved for use in our grains... we are probably already eating it.

It is used in by vets to deworm animals. Farmers use it in feed for their cattle, etc. for the same reason.

Some people also use it for the antiworm effect. I remembered reading about it on safe2use.com but when I looked today I couldn't find the reference. Only the external uses.

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
GiGi
Member # 259 posted August 23, 2007 06:54 PM
--------------------------------------------
Be careful!

GiGi,

Could you elaborate?

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.syclovir.com

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pool filter kind of DE is DANGEROUS! Contains silicon!!!
-- Food grade has no silicon. --

The pool filter kind can hurt your lungs if you breath it in. (Or the lungs of your pets too!)

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I asked about using food-grade DE awhile ago and got few responses.

I started using it as a wormer/parasite cleanse for my chickens and heard people having luck with that.

My chickens are fed natural diets, have free run of the outdoors and are loved and never eaten by me!

I used the regular wormer and keep everything clean and as sanitary as possible.

Well, alot of my chickens have DIED!

I don't know if it was from the DE BUT I have discontinued using it.

My feeling is that ASBESTOS is also 'natural' and in the same league as DE.

Time will tell but I am not going to risk anymore of my beloved animals to it.

Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To this I say, feel free to use whatever you decide. I would not take or use DE, no matter whose label.

Everybody needs to use mop-ups to capture the neurotoxins set into motion by antimicrobials or antibiotics of any kind, chelators, even sauna, physical activity, any physical therapy you do, acupuncture, chiropractic, GRT, even neural therapy, any sort of needling, rifing, KMT ---- any alternative therapies --- anything you do to get rid of Lyme.

Unless you use mop-ups, it is difficult to get rid of neurotoxins, because they have an affinity for the nerves (neuro) and are reabsorbed in the gut in a hurry likely causing problems again down the road. Do you know how long it takes a good or bad neuro substance to get from the gut into the brain?

Are you telling me you know who produced this DE? Have you kept up with the toxin attitude of other countries or even this country?

I have seen the different analysis listings of light and heavy metals they contain, minerals, and it gives me a big problem knowing how many of you are already so toxic. I also do not trust the analysis. I saw one recently that had close to 90% of titanium. More people are allergic to titanium than they realize. Read my post of the other day on Titanium? Titanium is not inert - it is a catalyst.

Feel free to use whatever you decide. I would not take or use DE under any circumstance.

Everybody needs to use mop-ups to capture the neurotoxins set into motion by antimicrobials or antibiotics of any kind, chelators, even sauna, physical activity, any physical therapy you do, GRT, even neural therapy, any sort of needling, rifing, KMT ---- any alternative therapies --- anything you do to get rid of Lyme. Unless you use mop-ups, it is difficult to get rid of neurotoxins, because they have an affinity for the nerves (neuro) and are reabsorbed in the gut in a hurry likely causing problems again down the road. Do you know how long it takes a good or bad neuro substance to get from the gut into the brain? Nano-seconds?

Are you telling me you know who produced this DE? Have you kept up with the toxin attitude of other countries or even this country, if you are not watching very closely?

I have seen the different analysis listings of light and heavy metals they contain, minerals, and it gives me a big problem knowing how many of you are already so toxic. I also do not trust the analysis. I saw one recently that had close to 90% of titanium. More people are allergic to titanium than they realize. Please read my post of the other day on Titanium?

I wouldn't want to take a bath in it, because neurotoxins and anti-neurotoxins are much more readily absorbed through the skin than if taken by mouth. If you want a substance to get into the brain, rub it on the skin.

The only thing I trust is Biopure Chlorella or Nutramedix Chlorella (King). I know both of these doctors test their chlorella supply on an ongoing basis, because they use it all the time. It's a plant and has to be grown with care. If you put it in your body, I would choose nutrition that gives you benefits that are not even available in our food today. I posted the nutrient content and benefits of chlorella in an earlier thread on DE. If you think you don't tolerate chlorella, take more of it.Very possibly your toxin load is too heavy for it to be absorbed by a couple of chlorella pills. Alternate with apple pectin and some of the other mop-ups listed previously.

Take care.

[ 29. August 2007, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was what I was looking for. Methinks I will stick to the chlorella and keep the DE for the pool.

Thanks, Gigi.

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement