LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Where did you get your artemesinin from?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where did you get your artemesinin from?
EyeBob
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EyeBob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listening and hearing what I hear I may test these waters...where should I get it from?

BT

Posts: 299 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allergy Research / Nutricology (can get via organic-pharmacy.com)
Holley Pharma
Zhang Herbs

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike55178
Member # 11597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike55178     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One place I like to get most of my herbs from that has great prices is Iherb.com
Posts: 17 | From Boston | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found Vitacost to have low prices. Artemisinin was around half the price it was directly.

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I purchased Artemisinin from Vitacost also (Nutricology brand). My only concern was with titanium dioxide being in the capsule form itself.

I called and asked the company about this, as I had read titanium dioxide was carcinogenic. What I did was purchase empty capsules from my local health food store and transferred the Art into them.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grady
Member # 12875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
Allergy Research / Nutricology (can get via organic-pharmacy.com)
Holley Pharma
Zhang Herbs

My doctor specifically recommended Allergy Research, I paid $46.50 for 90 caps of Artemisinin by Nutricology. (with postage and handling) I don't know who has the authority to decide which brand has the highest quality. But organic-pharmacy.com has lower prices, for sure. I swear, it's hard to know who to trust anymore.
Posts: 18 | From No. Va. | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I buy nutricology from

www.fernsnutrition.com

I would make sure your dr thinks its ok to start taking the artemesisinin before you try any though.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, high quality ART. isnt that expensive.And it should be green in color,NOT white capsules like some of the places these others are telling you to buy it from.
Go to firstchineseherbs.com

Call them order 1 pound,it comes vaccum packed,it is green powder form,like art. should be.If you read the symptoms of ART. overdoseing,and you build up to 6--00 capsules a day with the first chinese herbs art,you will get these symptoms.I have taken some of the above and they didnt work at all.And took many capsules,had no response.For 10 bucks a pound,and 6 dollars for the 00 capsules you can make 6 a day for about a year.And it works,i know many on it.
And it is the actual herb,not white powder,you can mash something green all you want and it wont turn white.I have no idea what there selling.
These other companies are telling you it is high potentcy.They are full of bull.Buy the actual green POWDER for from firstchineseherbs.
You will see the difference.It is the real thing.
And they are a very repitable company.

Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nellypointis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nellypointis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 8man12:
First off, high quality ART. isnt that expensive.And it should be green in color,NOT white capsules like some of the places these others are telling you to buy it from.

ArtemISIA is green (it's the plant), artemISININ is the active ingredient in the plant. It has to be extracted from the plant. What you can buy from, say, Allergy Research, is actually dihydroartemisinin. That's the form the artemisinin is in after it has been extracted from the plant.

Don't confuse the two, as dihydroartemisinin is a lot more potent than the herb.

There are other forms that are even more potent (different mode of extraction) like artemether for eg.

I find artemisinin at 3x100mg per day from Allergy Research/Nutricology plenty enough to give my head a very good shake! Tried to up my dose to 4x100mg last week and NO GO! head very very sore. Had to stop, I am starting again at 200mg/day this time

Nelly

Posts: 416 | From france | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my llmd told me to work it up till i felt a severe headache,and things like electric tingles in the extremities.NOT like the electric sensations from the chronic lyme i had years ago.
My personal experience with the Allergy Research/Nutricology brand did nothing.
People here at the time were stateing how good it was,it did nothing as i ramped it up.One day on the third bottle i bought i said heck with it and took 9 tablets,felt nothing.That was a hundred bucks.I could have gotten 10 pounds of actual herb that works.
I'm saying buy the 1 pound actual herb,in powder form,and you know what you have for certain.
My LLMD,doesnt push the high cost brands,and as he states,how would they extract something from and herbal plant and have it similar every time.
That is why im saying to buy the actual herb,in 1 pound powder form,and you wont have all the ups and downs.You can stabilize your treatment for a fraction of the cost.

Firstchineseherbs.com
Call and tell them you want the powder form.

Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nellypointis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nellypointis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm saying buy the 1 pound actual herb,in powder form,and you know what you have for certain.
My LLMD,doesnt push the high cost brands,and as he states,how would they extract something from and herbal plant and have it similar every time.
That is why im saying to buy the actual herb,in 1 pound powder form,and you wont have all the ups and downs.You can stabilize your treatment for a fraction of the cost.[/QB]

In my opinion it's the exact opposite: with the herb you never know how much of the active ingredient (artemisinin) you are getting. The artemisinin concentration varies very much btwn one plant and another, and within the same plant the top of the plant has nearly all the artemisinin whereas other parts have practically none (you know like a marijuana plant, the "heads" are far more potent).

Nelly

Posts: 416 | From france | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nellypointis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1719

quote:
Originally posted by 8man12:
my llmd told me to work it up till i felt a severe headache,and things like electric tingles in the extremities.NOT like the electric sensations from the chronic lyme i had years ago.

That's interesting. What does your LLMD suggest you do when you get the severe headache?

I used to get that with just ONE 100mg caps/day of Allergy Research artemisinin after a few days.

Recently I managed to work my way up to 400 mg/day, at 300mg/day I was fine with just a slight headache and drainage from my sinuses but when I got to 400mg the next day bang! really bad headache.

Nelly

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement