LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » sharp pain in head

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sharp pain in head
mimi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys I haven't posted in a while but i have been reading the board. Honestly, I am scared to post due to the trolls. I am having a sharp pain in my head in one spot. I have had severe headaches but not just one spot like this. Does anyone know if this is lyme. I don't have a LLMD as most of you know he was ran out of town. Thank you so much
mimi

Posts: 343 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about your dr. Hopefully you have some type of treatment, or another dr. lined up.

I have had those localized pains. I have heard it could be bart or ehrlichiosis. I think most people with babs herx get full headaches, not the sharp local stuff.

A cranio-sacral therapist or acupuncturist sometimes helps me, as the pain also can be caused by muscle tension running up onto the skull plates.

Good luck in your treatment.

North.

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides the migraines, I have gotten a headache called an Ice Pick Headache. That is a perfect name, because that is what they feel like.

It is a sharp shooting pain, in the same place over and over. So sharp and unexpected that it makes my head jerk every time it happens. Do a google, I was so relieved to find out what they were.

I don't know if this is what you are describing, but with treatment, I rarely have them. They do come back when I am in a flair.

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey JellyBelly-you described what I called
" a darning needle being rammed into my brain"

I don't know- maybe you are too young to know what a darning needle is. But I never knew when it was going to happen. You're right it made me flinch everytime. When it jabbed my eye I would cry out involuntarily it hurt so bad.

I'm going to go google Ice Pick Headaches- thanks.
Take Care,
Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would like to add-they occurred mostly in early treatment-I still get headaches-but not of the ICE PICK stabbing nature.

Rarely do my headaches put me back in bed anymore.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Honestly, I am scared to post due to the trolls.
What is a troll?

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all it is nice to get a response from names I recognize and some new ones. I will google that. Thank you all for your help. Yes I need your support finding someone as caring as my LLMD was but I guess we are all going to be left to fend for ourselves until we can knock some sense into the current powers. Sorry really discouraged today. Was doing better now scared that I will regress back to where I started and I am not sure I will make it without my doc.
Thank you all so much I miss all of your support and pray everyday that we all survive in spite of the situation. I guess BCBS is happier that us lymies are all better now that lyme doesn't exist to them.
Take care
mimi

Posts: 343 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GardenLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GardenLymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dealing w/ that kind of stabbing head pain the last few weeks - NP got rid of it w/ accupunture & a deep massage between head & shoulder on that side. Said it was my occipital nerve. (Not sure of spelling) Instant relief after session. Tried chiroprator 1st - that only knocked it down a degree or two.
Posts: 176 | From Tenn | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mimi. Long time, no Mimi!

I get these too. I put it down to babesia and poor perfusion in my brain.

If treatment continues and there's no relief, it wouldn't hurt to have an MRI.

What's your status regarding babesia, anyway? If you haven't treated it, perhaps give that a try. It can make a world of difference in number and intensity of headaches of all kinds.

Hugs,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tory2457
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tory2457     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mimi,

Here's a link on Trigeminal Neuralgia. Maybe you fit in here.
I've had this pain off and on for years.

TN is now considered a MS symptom which I was diagnosed with prior to learning about LD.
My lyme doc said it's a symptom of Lyme.

I get a very sharp stabbing pain on the top of my head--that takes my breath away! eesh

Since lyme treatment I'm ready to say this pain is behind me! Like the others, I agree that lyme treatment is the key to rid us of this horrible pain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia

Posts: 158 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What is a troll?
Somebody who posts in order to disrupt the board. Some trolls can be very nasty, and make personal attacks on people. Every discussion board gets them.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be referred pain from a muscle spazm somewhere else on your head. Most likely from a knot on the base of your skull.

Poke around with your knuckles until you find a painful spot. If you find it, jam your knuckle in as hard as possible and for as long as you can take it. The other spot may no longer hurt ( but of course where you jammed your finger may now hurt).

Trigger point therapy helps get rid of these. Typically caused by Magnesium deficiency - which is best treated by IV and IM Mag.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do hope you find some relief soon! I recently had nerve pain in my head and it was due to a sinus infection. Are you having any allergy problems right now??

Don't worry about trolls. They are a non-issue. If they show up, we get rid of them. YOU need to be HERE in order to get help!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement