LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DETOX- post your methods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DETOX- post your methods
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KauaiGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha-

I have been in the 'search' looking for more

ways to detox... I found a bunch of post that

were all over the place...thought ONE post of

detox methods would really help EVERYONE!!

I'll start: (I don't currently use all these- just what I found from the search)

PLEASE COMMENT ON THE EFFECTIVNESS /IMPORTANCE if you know, when you post....

***CILANTRO & CHLORELLA

***CLAY BATHS

***1/2 LEMON-JUICE, 1 Tlb OLICE OIL & 1 CLOVE OF GARLIC- BLEND - FOLLOW WITH CUP OF TEA

I feel this helps...decreases my liver pains & scent senitivities (sign of a stressed liver)

***SAUNA

I read lots of controvercies about using saunas if you have amalgams & brain fog....???CAN BE HARMFUL??...commments???

***FOOT PATHCES

***REBOUNDER(TRAMPOLEAN)

helps me!!gets my blood movin', only for of exercise I'm capable of now... lOVE it...

***MILK THISTLE-

www.UltraThistle.com (supposed to be highest potency milk thistle product avalibale...check it out...

note-some believe it decrease Mepron effectivness...???

***DETOX TEAS
anyone have great ones to reccomend?

***EPSON SALT BATHS

***DR. NATURA'S COLON CLEANSE PRODUCTS

TOXIN OUT, PARASITE KILLER, FIBER & MULTI- VITAMIN
www.DrNatura.com
really like these products...use fiber their fiber daily...

***INCREASE WATER INTAKE & TEAS

*** ION CLEANSE

anyone try this?? does it work?

I'm not a doctor- just from expierence & research on whats out there

smiles, hugs, and love~

Fawne

--------------------
Energy flows where attention goes~

Posts: 302 | From Kauai | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KauaiGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one more...

ELECTORLYTE SOLUTION--

SELECTOLYTE - BY MORIN LABS morinlabs.com

reccomneded by Dr. Klinghardt in his article
for neuro toxin elmination protocol...
Read at...http://www.sustainablehealth.org.uk/pages/Articles/KlinghardtNeurotixoinEliminationProtocol.html
great information!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never tried it...Has anyone ??What do you think??

--------------------
Energy flows where attention goes~

Posts: 302 | From Kauai | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurenTurner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurenTurner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump. [Smile]

I'm interested in this as well.

Does anyone else have any detox methods they use?

Please share!

Posts: 248 | From Tejas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cholestyramine
Daily FIR sauna
Daily coffee enema
Lemon or lime in water when herxing
Detox tea - Yogi Detox
Exercise
Lots of water

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm partial to baking soda baths. They are cheap and I always get at least some relief.

I dump about 1-2 cups into the hottest water I can tolerate, and then after about 15 minutes I begin to sweat and sweat and sweat.

I've tried putting clay on my face, but I swear there is something in clay that makes me feel sicker, and it absorbs into the skin. Iron? Does clay contain iron? It contains something that makes me feel lousy.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwenb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwenb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for herxing - this worked astoundingly well for me - lemon/olive oil/ water - usually 3 organic lemons rinds on/ 7 tablespoons or so organic olive oil 5 cups of water and some organic maple syrup /

activated charcoal

epsom salt bath - I could have the herx from hell and this combination would get me 80% better in under 12 hours.

other detox methods - exercise! (able to exercise regularly since supplementing with Vit d)

water

gwen

Posts: 227 | From vancouver,bc | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz, Clay is mostly aluminum salts. It should not be used if you are still heavy metal toxic - only toward the latter part of heavy metal detox.
Nutramedix has a calcium bentonite clay which we have used and it did not cause problems. But of course that was done after many months of heavy metal detox and only to get the remainders of toxins still lingering in the jaw area, etc.

Detox methods - depend on what the major problems are that need to be detoxed. Unless you know that via lab tests, EAV or ART testing, most of it is a guessing game.

Most toxins need different agents to be removed from the body. There is not one agent that does it all. Are you trying to detox metals? Are you trying to detox plastics? Are you trying to detox sulfa residuals? Chemicals? Pesticides? Insecticides?

Once you know what you need to get rid of, it is easier. Most people with chronic Lyme have at the base toxic metals and other environmental toxins that have been inherited or accumulated.

Many good detox products have been mentioned by people above, but to do a good job, detoxing has to be done more or less with specifics in mind.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
Most toxins need different agents to be removed from the body. There is not one agent that does it all. Are you trying to detox metals? Are you trying to detox plastics? Are you trying to detox sulfa residuals?

I took the original question to be about basic detox during herxing... I also take Detoxamin, NAC, and Alpha Lipoic Acid for heavy metal detox under the direction of my LLMD.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glutathione
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wallace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wallace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See my raw food cures illnes? post.

Wallace

Posts: 654 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a fan of the epsom salt baths. Water as hot as you can stand it -- 2 cups epsom salts, 1 cup baking soda, 8 drops lavendar oil.

I soak for about 20 minutes and then go straight to bed -- and sleep like a baby.

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nutramedix Burbur drops
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GardenLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GardenLymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm w/ lou on the epsom salt baths - can't live w/out them. I do not add baking soda at this time, due to metal possiblity.

Just started using sarsparilla 450 mg for herx detox - as needed. I use 1 for mild herx, 2 for heavy herx. Must take away from any other herbs or RX, by 2-3 hr's on both ends, as it effects absorbtion of some things and elemination of other's. Binds endo-toxins.

Must say, it got rid of a killer headache, and jaw pain. I'm highly impressed w/ it!

Posts: 176 | From Tenn | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helen65
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2962

Icon 5 posted      Profile for helen65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone hear of a foot soak detoxifiing (machine) you can buy for your home to use? i saw it in a magazine article but since i keep all my magazines it will take me a while to go through them and ofcourse i will have forgotten about it by the time i get around to that..Thanks
Posts: 145 | From Grant,MI,USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like tincup's detox tea recipe. Most of them are failry mild compared to the herbs put in some of detox tea brands:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=040193

make sure to talk over everything first with your LLMD. None of the above is medical advise...jsut my 2 cents

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement