LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr H in NY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr H in NY
skigal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skigal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People seeing this doc, is he aggresive with treatment & does he treat co-inf? Please PM me with any info & how you like him. TIA SG
Posts: 269 | From VA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOVE HIM!!! Yes, he is very aggressive with treatment and treats coinfections.

Not only that, he and his PA also found heavy metal toxicity and bacterial dysbiosis in me. The treatment of those two along with the Lyme and babs is making a huge difference in how I feel.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Six, LOVE HIM!!!
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard that he is putting pts on a multi-bug protocol that is super-aggressive.

Has anyone been doing this with him? Comments? I also hear that he is taking some pts off abx and doing the Cowden with them.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the multi-bug protocol use ABX or herbal tinctures (Cowden)?

I live in Chicagoland, but I've been hearing a lot of good things about this doctor. Wonder if I should visit him? Is he expensive? Would he work with my local doc?

Thanks,
CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am treating babs and Lyme at the same time ... all three forms of Lyme. I am also taking herbs for bacterial dysbiosis of the gut. So, yes, multiple bugs and aggressively.

What the PA told me is that Dr. H has been having better luck keeping patients on abx for 12-18 months, then switching them to herbs, then back to abx if necessary. The detoxing with the herbs seems to help them progress more than staying on longer term abx.

I don't know which herbal protocol he uses, I suspect it's his own variation, which is probably similar to others out there. I would also suspect that the specific herbs are based on symptoms and what's needed (like more detoxing).

I know a friend of mine and I are on two totally different abx protocols, yet have the same -- Lyme and babs. He adjusts for the person, it's not one size fits all.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derek
Member # 12860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can somebody PM me this Dr. H info please

--------------------
Dxed ALS 2/05
Dxed Lyme/Babs 9/05
2/08 Finially Improving

"It Can always be worse...."

Posts: 51 | From Victor, NY | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too. Is he located in New York City or New York State?

I have a relative in NYC who needs and LLMD.

Thanks,

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are also several aggressive good docs in the Boston area....Dr S.D. is one.

Goofy: how are those herxes on Dr H protocol? I have a couple friends doing it and it's about killing them....

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

In the beginning they were rough, but I was so sick I could hardly get out of bed anyway.

I had gotten to the point where I felt about 50% during a herx ... then he increased my amoxy after a peak level test ... that was three weeks ago and I still haven't recovered from the increase. I'll be seeing him on Tues. and will be bringing it up, for sure.

The herxes can be bad, but I see SIGNIFICANT improvement after each one. If I didn't, I would dread them.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyb:
Me too. Is he located in New York City or New York State?

I have a relative in NYC who needs and LLMD.

Thanks,

- JB

I fly into La Guardia, he's about 2 1/2 hours north of there. Do you want his contact info? I know there's another LLMD in NYC, but I don't have his contact info.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Derek:
Can somebody PM me this Dr. H info please

Sent.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement