LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Another Swollen Gland Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Swollen Gland Question
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quickly, I've been on treatment for 10 months and have been focused on babs with mepron, zith and art. I had done three months of Bart before that, but when I started having some horrid eye symptoms coming back, my LLMD put me back on Cipro.

I'm only on my 4th day of Cipro which is added to the previous protocol I've mentioned. I've been constantly haven't swollen glands in my neck, which I figured was just part of the territory since my doctor wasn't alarmed, but today, I have this huge swollen gland under my right arm as well.

I did a scan on "swollen glands" before coming here and saw loads and loads of topics on it so gather it's pretty common and probably pointed to the bart and triggered by the treatment maybe?

My question is....ok....so we have this happen, but what is the best way to help relieve the pain? With all I've been through, you would think this is me over reacting since this pain is so minor compared to so much with lyme, but yet I'm wimping out and wondering if anyone has found something that does ease up these symptoms other than to keep trying to detox, detox, and detox? I'm looking for something I can do NOW.

Any suggestioins for some temporary relief? Thanks again for any help.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had the same problem during treatment and found a warm compress or heating pad can help. Not hot; just warm.
Posts: 142 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a terrible problem for me that I'm still trying solutions.

Red root tincture helps some. Burbur helps others.

Extra water and exercise to tolerance is a given.

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GardenLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GardenLymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TD - I am going thru this now also, since starting Buhner's herbs.

Accupuncture has helped;

Daily compresses of castor oil on cotton squares,applied to swollen glands; covered w/ saran wrap, then adding a hot moist heat compress for 20 mins a day. Found it on an herb site I was researching something elso on, and clicked on castor oil & this caught my eye.

Mine are down about 80% of what they were.

Plus of course, your right, detox & more detox. On that note, I'm also taking sarsparilla. Not sure which 1 has done the trick, or a combo of all 3. Mine seemed to appear overnight - but were slow to go back down.

Hope this helps!

Posts: 176 | From Tenn | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement