LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Son's night sweats

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Son's night sweats
believe3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for believe3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, I am concerned about my son. I

had lyme when I was pregnant with him and did

not know it. He is a pretty healthy child

beyond the colds he sometimes gets. But he has

these terrible night sweats. Some nights are

worse than others but he always has them. At

least 3 nights a week I have to change his shirt

and put down towels or blankets after the bed is

soaked. As soon as he falls asleep it is like

he heats up. I can just see the sweat on him.

He also toss's and turns and talks in his sleep

all night. He is also a very hyper child. Not

ADD hyper but still very energetic. My worry is

that he could have lyme. I haven't had him

tested. My doctor felt that unless he was sick

we didn't need to test him. I was just wondering

about other people's opinion's on this. Should

I just have him tested? I would have to bring

him into my lyme doctor when I go as his

pediatrician would not test him. This is out of

state of course. He doesn't have any other

symptoms and he is very smart. I don't see any

other medical problems.

Thanks for your input....

--------------------
Love, Merrie
Believe in the power of your spirit..for it will carry you through the darkest hours of your life

Posts: 261 | From minnesota | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesperationIn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesperationIn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is a very good idea to have him tested for it. The benefits far outweigh the costs of testing in this situation. Why not get a test for lyme and coinfections...if it's negative you can rest more easy and if not he will be able to get treatment he needs to prevent further problems. What does his regular doctor say about these night sweats? It sounds like the regular pediatritian should at the very least be investigating other causes. -Despin
Posts: 163 | From Cleveland, OH | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mrrie--
Sounds like your son has Babs--
Night sweats are classic symptom-

Check his temp several times threw the day-
Babs also causes Low body temp- 96-93 F

take care--Jay --

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the kind of sweats you describe are absolutely NOT normal.

i had Lyme when pregnant too, and it took 4 years for my DS's symptoms to become unmistakably Lyme-like.

Please don't wait any longer to call a LLMD, and don't question your gut anymore. You're asking because you know what you are seeing isn't right.

A typical pediatrician, even the best, will tell you Lyme cannot be transmitted in utero. That is WRONG. Call a LLMD!!!!!

dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AutumnDay
Member # 9532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AutumnDay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I have night sweats to. My hair, clothes, pillow, sheets will be soaked. I have gotten up and can see the beads of sweat rolling down my skin. I will take my temp, exspecting to find it high, but it will be below normal. I would absolutley check him, or talk to lyme doctor about him. Why wait for more symptoms? The very least, you'll have peace of mind. Good luck!!

--------------------
quote form Mother Theresa"God won't give me more then I can handle, sometimes I wish he didn't trust me so much."

Posts: 20 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GardenLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GardenLymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like it's babs - good advise on the temp taking. Did you have it as a co-infection? If so, there's your answer.

Plus, if he does turn out to have it - and you were told thru tests that u did not have it - there's another answer...

I would take him on next LLMD visit. Even if he doesn't normally treat children, I'll bet he'll treat yours, as a patient courtesty - mine did for my daughter.

Good luck - let us know what those temps prove to be after a few days.

(((hug)))

Posts: 176 | From Tenn | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
believe3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for believe3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your replys. I just finally came back to see if there were anymore posts. I see my Dr next week. The last time I asked him he said it was not useful to test him at this point. Since nothing was really standing out in him. I will ask him if he would test him when I see him. I just hate the thought of him having this. He has not had any symptoms beyond this.

Thanks again

--------------------
Love, Merrie
Believe in the power of your spirit..for it will carry you through the darkest hours of your life

Posts: 261 | From minnesota | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement