LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mepron with Zithromax?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mepron with Zithromax?
LocalMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11648

Icon 4 posted      Profile for LocalMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just started Mepron (1tsp 2xday) to go with Zithromax to treat lyme with babesia.

Have others used this combination of anti-bios?

If so what was their experience?

Were they successful in killing lyme and babs?

I am supposed to add Plaquinil to the mix in a couple weeks.

Thanks

Posts: 212 | From Eastern CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mepron needs Zith or Biaxin to prevent resistance. I was on Biaxin with Mepron because of insurance ... my LLMD had originally prescribed Zith. It's a good combo and really attacks the babs well. The herxes are strong and effective.

I took 2 tsp. twice daily of the Mepron.

My LLMD uses Plaquenil as a cyst-buster, but it's also anti-malarial.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup- Mperon is almost always paired with Zithromax- it is supposed to be**)!*)! To work better!*)!*)!!

Some people hate the taste of Mepron, some people love it- Zithromax can give gut pains or sudden need to use bathroom-

Remember to take Mepron with FATTY food or liquid because it absorbs with lipids- if you take ALONE or WITHOUT fat it will NOT absorb into you the way it is supposed to!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did Mep/Zith at one tsp twice per day and saw symptoms disappear within two weeks. Then they started to come back so the Mepron was increased to two tsp twice/day.

I also did Plaquenil at the same time. I did it for months and then switched to Malarone. So far so good. This was a bit over two years ago.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The combo made my daughter so sick and depressed we had to take her off. She said she was about to ask to be put in the hospital for her own safety.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KauaiGoddess
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KauaiGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new with this combo...been doing it about 3 weeks now...

1 tsp. 2x/d Mepron and 500mg Zith 1x/d

I'm also on Omnicef (900mg)

I became horribly depressed, low, emotional, irritable, cranky, SOUND sensitve, anxiety and on and on....it really sucked!!!! I also was a sweaty sweaty mess....

I was just at my bitter end with feeling like that...I was going to call my doctor and say that I couldn't do it anymore...

but the good news is it just let up...HUGE SMILE!!

WooooooooH- I made it through that one...

I'm also taking herbs for Babs and Bart...from Bhuner's Protocol

Everyone seems to respond differently...

BEst wishes to you ~

Fawne

--------------------
Energy flows where attention goes~

Posts: 302 | From Kauai | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LocalMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LocalMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I can't remember if I mentioned that I will do Plaquenil (sp) too in a couple weeks. I will try to stay with the fat (peanut butter..other ideas?) with the Mepron, 1tsp 2xday then theres the zithro 500mg 1xday. Feeling pretty !@#$ty right now plus low energy but then I do have a cold to boot. Wondering if I will get herxing too...right now my energy level is real low.

[ 19. September 2007, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: LocalMan ]

Posts: 212 | From Eastern CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuLuFlorida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuLuFlorida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey LocalMan,

I was on Zith/Mepron before for a month and just started the combo again today. Mepron made me really fatigued and i herxed very bad frm the zithromax. The mepron also made me nausous and I would get lightheaded so when you stand up be careful. Hope everything works ut for you, zith is one powerful drug!

Lindsay

--------------------
"One day at a time"

Current:
-1.2 IM bicillin three times a week
-1.25 IV Vancomycin every day
-IV glutathione and IM B12
-Byron White since Jan. 2011
-ALA, Yasko protocal, Adapten-All, thyrosol, Pekano, phosphalipid exchange, probiotics, oregano...

Posts: 390 | From FLORIDA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just completed my 5th month of mepron. The first 2 months were with zith and the last 3 have been with biaxin. I have pulsed in large doses of art over the last 3 months.

I am starting to feel normal. Good energy, good mental and finally loosing some of the paranoia which is really good. Not sure my marriage could take too many more months of that nonsense [Frown]

I will probably continue for a few more months. This is the 2nd babs treatment for me. The last time I relapsed in 5-6 months after 4 months of mepron/zith.

--------------------
When I feel blue . . . . . . its time to take another breath

Posts: 296 | From East Coast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For fat you can use coconut oil on whatever you're eating.

I make a fruit (berries) and whey smoothie in the morning ... when I was taking Mepron, I added 4 tbsp. organic whipping cream to it for fat.

My LLMD recommends almond butter.

There's always bacon and eggs. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LocalMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11648

Icon 5 posted      Profile for LocalMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies.

In case any of you check back...how long since initial sympt, and how long have you been in treatment?

I know I am just getting started but the obvious question is....HOW LONG?

Thanks
LocalMan

tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on this protocol for 4 1/2 months. There are days I think I'm making ground and then wham.....I'm back wondering if I'll ever get out of this hole.

I don't know how long we need to be on this protocol but imagine it too is going to be best if we can stick with it until we aren't having symptoms anymore.

It's definitely not fun, BUT if it works in the end, it will all be worth it. Since the jury is still out, with me, I can't make comment other than to say I'm on this same ride with you and wish you luck.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I was on Mepron/Biaxin along with other stuff including Plaquenil for 8 months.

All the babs symptoms went away after several months leaving me with minor air hunger during a herx as my only symptom of babs.

I have been switched to Malarone one pill per day, taken off the Mepron/Biaxin, in order to start Levaquin for Bart.

The babs symptoms have been gone a couple months now, except for the air hunger during herxing ... but this month's herx had no air hunger (also was off Mepron for it).

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement