LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need help! I'm itching everywhere.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help! I'm itching everywhere.
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always had the ability to itch when my nerves were upset but this is the worse.

I am itching so bad I couldn't sleep. Usually it is just a spot on my back which has acted up for years (Dr. C things this may be where I had the tick bite me.Today my arms, legs and whole body itch. I know it is just my nerves acting up as I am going to have to go appear before the
excutitor of my parents estate with my other
family members. He is counting on me to help him catch them in their lies.
With my memory I am really worried. You know six years of this trouble is enough to get a healthy person down.
My skin almost feels prickly this time. Where my shoes touch my ankles it is itching like crazy.
Anyway does anyone have any suggestions for me before I rip my skin off from scratching?

sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sharonp
Member # 13140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharonp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too had that same feeling and it turned out I was allergic to Suprax. Dr told me to take Benadryl. Now I am a space cadet. But the itchy feeling is subsiding. I guess when we are on so many different antibiotics we are bound to have reactions. Hope you feel better
Posts: 6 | From annandale nj | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do remember that Benadryl helps but I can only take it at night or I would sleep all day.
I am not on any meds right now as I am trying to get the family problems out of the way. I've gone thru this so many times in my life time that I know it is my nerves. Just let me get upset over something and I itch like crazy. As soon as the problem is gone and my nerves settle down I am fine again.

sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would one of the non-drowsy antihistamines work? Like claritin?

I find moisturizing lotion usually helps the times I've been very itchy. If your skin is dry, it just makes it that much worse.

As far as the meeting with the executor of the estate, I would make sure you say up front that you are sick and have problems with your memory. Get it on the record. That way, they can't really depend on anything you say.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aniek:
Would one of the non-drowsy antihistamines work? Like claritin?

or Wal Mart's DAyhist??

I'll be praying for you, sick!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's not an allergic reaction to the abx, then my LLMD ordered Zyrtec for my daughter. That seemed to work better for her than Benedryl, for some reason.

She also would take oatmeal baths, like Aveeno. It would relax her at night before she went to bed.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put one to two cups of baking soda in the hottest bath water you can tolerate and remain there, not only until you begin to sweat, but until you have actually stopped sweating.

This is the ONLY thing that has helped with the itching. I imagine it is some sort of allergic reaction to die-off toxins. But it works every time, even though on really bad days it needs to be repeated.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been a recent topic at another forum, I itch at night and have found the answers from others for this to be pretty common. One member uses Benadryl spray and says it works great.

There are many different theories, from Babesia being more active at night to the immune system response to change of laundry or bath soap. Parasites can be the cause.

I did some light study on nightime itching and this is the best explanation I found:

"Night-time itching can be caused by several etiologies. In those cases in which there is no visible skin disorder, conditions such as lymphoma, have to be ruled out. Other conditions with night-time itching involve scabies, bed-bug bites; itching in general can be caused by endocrine disorders, diabetes, hypocalcemia, thyroid disorders, renal disease, hematologic disorders, liver disease, parasites & drugs especially opiates"

Take care.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dorothy, could it be shingles?

best wishes with lawyer/family on your messy family situation! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, itching is a symptom of yeast.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aniek:
By the way, itching is a symptom of yeast.

Yep...that's what I would blame...until proven otherwise!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennyflyer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennyflyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
End of last week my LLMD added Doxy to my regime, so now I'm taking Doxy & Zithromax.

I've been itching like crazy every since. Called my doc, he said I'm allergic to the Doxy but he wants me to continue taking it so he gave me a rx for Clarinex.

We'll see if that works, if not I'm going off of the Doxy becuase it's keeping me up at night and is making me crankier than usual. [Smile]

--------------------
Jennifer

Posts: 266 | From Ocean County, NJ | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinsterwitch
Member # 12969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinsterwitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I remember a friend telling me there's a non-drowsy or daytime version of Benadryl.
Posts: 4 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement