LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rocephin IV Users both Past/Present

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rocephin IV Users both Past/Present
sfcharm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfcharm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I thought I'd put a question out to all Rocephin IV users both past and present. I am just finishing my third full month on Rocephin IV.

At what point do you start to notice something? Anything? I don't see an increase in my symptoms but I also don't see any significant change to report.

I'm pulsing Tindimax now two weeks on/ two off and previously did pulse flagyl for 6 weeks. Flagyl was just way to toxic on my body. I am sure it was the flagyl because when I stopped taking it I was able to function once again.

I spent one year on orals and feel like I'm 70% back but I haven't noticed any changes in the neurosymptoms, tremors,myoclonus (at night only),vision,.

Most of what I've been told and read says nothing happens till 4-6 months.

Also did you notice hair thinning with the Rocephin???

What's been your experience????

Barb

Posts: 281 | From san francisco | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenschasinglyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11193

Icon 10 posted      Profile for jenschasinglyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at about 6 months (been on almost 10 total) before my neuro symptoms started to improve.

The ones that led me to a diagnosis are improving on rochephin for SURE!!!!!!

Stopped dropping everything, stopped falling and my feet don't go numb or tingle anymore unless I am taking a cyst buster. My sinuses are clearer and my right side is'nt as swollen and painful unless herxing pretty bad (NOW)

I feel this is individual. If you have been sick for awhile I would give it some more time.

I know someone who never felt "better" on the IV but had brain lesions healed on it and thier spect scan went from yuck to clean. They did'nt feel good until co-infection treatment.

Good luck! I hope you get to 100%. Congrats on getting as far as you have!!

Posts: 111 | From San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know that Cavey- !!!

Yup, I turned in the 7th month, had been on 6 still getting worse. Was on 9 months!!!

Lorie G from local group was well by 9 months too-

Karie M. from local group went on 3 courses of 1 months each got almost well each time but her doc took her off and didn't transition her to orals and she crashed first 2 times before 3rd time he transitioned her to oral tindamax and she went into full remission- she had MS diagnosis-

Jim H from local group was on 10 months I think-
he was also diagnsoed MS and it got him better-

Annie was on over a year-

Glenn H has been on over a year-

Paul 6 months? I forget!!!

Rick and Chris both went to special clinic where they got 1-2 months of IV Rocephin and lots of other stuff- hydrogen peroxide and IV IGG- I forget frankly- this super expensive place back East none of the rest of us could afford- and this other local woman (owns pizza place, forget name!!) (super nice though, sorry if you read this that I forgot your name!) did same thing- she was on 3 months or so- but Rick was basically 99% when he went there, after year of orals, and Chris too was almost well when he went!

those guys were years back-

Kelly B turned at over a year and got into full remission after 7 years sick pre-IV. She was on IV Rocephin 2 full years!!! She was way well by months before 2 years but she wanted to make sure it was gone!! At one year she called me and told me there was no way she would ever be well and she just wanted to give up!! Now she has been in full remission for past 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa was on IV a long time and still is last I know and got rid of brain lesions locally and so did Aurora S who had 7 brain lesions that would have been diagnsoed MS if she hadn't have been diagnsoed Lyme-

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sfcharm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfcharm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it.

Sarah, you're amazing. You are truly an inspiration to all. The time you take to make us all feel hopeful is a great thing.

Thank you all,

Barb

Posts: 281 | From san francisco | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in hearing about recent successes with Rocephin. One thing that concerns me about hearing all the ones from several years ago is that my LLMD acknowledges that it doesn't work as well as it did years ago. Some time back, people got Rocephin and walked and never had problems again. Today, it sounds like that doesn't happen. My fear with Rocephin is that how do you know that you won't get worse after you stop than you were before you ever started? It happens....

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karie M was not just from years ago- she JUST went into full remisison a few months back- and Melissa was recent as well. There are plenty of people from recently. I have never heard of any difference in Rocephin now related to the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Diana was recent as well- got better on Iv Rocephin- extremely articulate wonderful woman- a lawyer- also diagnosed MS-

also forgot- Mark- and Robert- !!!!!!

--------------------
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Again, these are not all from several years ago AT ALL!!!!!!!!! I was referring to Chris & Rick when I wrote that!

--------------------
-John Ruskin

hostbody
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hostbody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did IV rocephin for 7 months. After the 1st month my brain symptoms cleared up.

by the 6th month all my symptoms were gone. Did not herx.

I did an extra month.

At 4 months post IV, I started herxing again.

At 7 months post IV, I'm starting to have brain symptoms with my herxing.

I don't regret the IV, I had some incredible months and I'm still not doing too badly.

Trying holistic treatments now.

Good Luck! I hope you go into remission!

Posts: 111 | From York, PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed a huge difference in my symptoms after only a week. But then unfortunately relapsed about a month after I was off the IV.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Seems exactly the same to me and excepting scotts comment never heard that from anyone else!!

Lucky Doc M from CO didn't hear that new rumor!
Or he wouldn't be alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
-John Ruskin

Doomer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for more input.
Posts: 188 | From ID | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does someone afford 2 years of IV Rocephin? I am on for one more month after a huge set back when I went off. It's all that I can afford. I am so afraid to go off of it.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Won the super lotto Haley!!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get my picc next Fri., and I wish I hadn't just read all this. My ins only pays 28 days, and I have had Lyme and Co for a very, very long time.

I have been on orals over a year, with no improvement at all. Firt, I just hope it works, it's like my last hope. Next, I will go broke. We are not that many yrs from retirement and surely won't have anything left!!

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on Rocephin for 30 days and then had to go off. I thank God for it because I believe it saved my life.

If I was to go on Rocephin again, I would want to make sure that I was taking other antibiotics with it that kill each of the 2 other forms Lyme takes (ie: cell wall, no cell wall, and cyst form). From what I have learned, Rocephin kills the cell wall form.

Still I am thankful for the 30 days I did have and the progress that has been made.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I "ditto" to what MorningSong has said. Same experience and thoughts about combos while on it.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kylasrain
Member # 12031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kylasrain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there Keltyl! We'll go broke together! Ha!

I'm on week three. My mind feels a little clearer, but that's about it so far. But really, what other choice is their than finding a way to pay for it and doing the IV? I mean, I feel like I have to do whatever it takes to feel better, and if this might help, then is HAS to be worth it!

I'm ready for some stem cells...

--------------------
http://kylahikeson.blogspot.com

Posts: 97 | From CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kylasrain
Member # 12031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kylasrain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, its been almost a year. After switching to Clindamyacin and more Rocephin, I am still on the IV. I actually AM leaving this Summer for stem cells....

--------------------
http://kylahikeson.blogspot.com

Posts: 97 | From CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Californialyme...thanks so much for all of the success stories. I NEED to hear them! I'm only on orals and day 15 of treatment but like to know people worse off are better. 100% better and LIVING THEIR LIVES.

See my other post re "will we get better"

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering now if I should ask my doc about this. She told me she hasn't had luck with her patients using IV. Maybe she didn't try Rocephin?

All I know is a friend of mine said all his pain went away after 8 months on Rocephin.

I guess it will not be covered.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocephin IV for one month and I was symptom free.
Made a mistake did not take at the same time flagyl and something for L form so I relapse badly.

Second time rocephin IV and flagyl almost all symptoms gone except pins needles itching.

IV rocephin saved my job my life and is the chipest medication for me.

I bye it in Europe very cheap once a year go there for vacation and supply and do IV by my self.

Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladycakes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladycakes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took 3 months on the Rocephin the first time to be symptom free. Wasn't on any orals with it. I did another 2 months (maybe 3?) on orals, and then was symptom free, and taking no medications, for a year.

Then this past February, I got sick again. Back on the orals, and then as of April 12th, back on the IV Rocephin. As of my last appointment (early this month), I've been on Flagyl with it.

I actually feel a lot worse since we've added that in, my joint pain came back with a vengeance. But the horrible fatigue is getting better (I'm actually having days where I sort of feel like a normal person).

My husband's mentioned that he feels like I'm not getting better as quickly as last time I did the IV. Then again, I'm only at the 6 week mark.

I have my next appointment on the 7th, so we'll see.

Posts: 306 | From Brownsville, PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement