LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need help with igenex results!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with igenex results!!
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just got back from d's house. she has lyme. she showed me her igenex and she had 3 or 4 starts at practically every category!! i mean, i've never seen so many. when she saw mine, she said, "i've never seen one so low..."

so here are my results! can you telll me what ya think please?

IGG results

18 kd -- negative
22 kda -- negatve
**23-25 -- IND
28 kda -- negative
30 kda -- negative
** 31 kda -- IND
** 34 kda -- negative
37 -- negative
** 39 kda -- +
** 41 kda -- +
45 kda -- negative
58 kda -- negative
66 kda -- negative
73 kda --negative
83 kda -- negative
** 93 kda -- negative

IGM results

everything negative except for ** 41 kda which was +

babs and erck were negative also.

she couldn't believe my ratings but there they are.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Randibear,

I have to remind myself, as I only had one positive band via Quest (IgM 23)

That more bands does not mean a higher bacteria load.

Less bands, according to my LLMD, often means you are one sick puppy.

The bands are indicative of your body's immune response to Lyme.

Your daughter's body is jumping to the occasion, while yours is kind of on vaction. [Big Grin]

In my very humble opinion, you have Lyme.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Western Blot explanation:
http://tinyurl.com/ffn3x

From the above link:

"Many would say the " +/-" equivocal ["IND"] bands are not significant. The problem I have with that, is that there are "-" negative bands. The lab has no trouble calling some bands negative. So they must be seeing something when they put "+/-" at some bands.

The only thing that makes sense, is that there is a little bit of that antibody present in your serum. If the "+/-" equivocal is reported on the borrelia associated bands, it is usually significant, in my clinical experience. This is a strong clue that I am on the right track."

----------------------------------

23-25: Outer surface protein C (osp C).

31: Outer surface protein A (osp A). 34: Outer surface protein B (osp B).

39: Unknown what this antigen is, but based on research at the National Institute of Health (NIH), other Borrelia (such as Borrelia recurrentis that causes relapsing fever), do not even have the genetics to code for the 39 kDa antigen, much less produce it. It is the most specific antibody for borreliosis of all.

41: Flagella or tail. This is how Borrelia burgdorferi moves around, by moving the flagella. Many bacteria have flagella. This is the most common borreliosis antibody.

"The significant antibodies, in my opinion, are the 18, 23-25, 28, 30, 31, 34, 39, 58, 66 and 93."

----written by Dr C of MO

====================

If you had ONLY band 39 as positive, it would mean you'd have to have Lyme. Nothing else can make that band show positive!

[ 27. September 2007, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TickTock4422
Member # 12553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TickTock4422     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helo,

There are specific bands that are indicative specifically for the Lyme bacteria; Band 41 is the most important for Lyme being positive and yours is positive. 23-25, also important bands, are "indeterminate," meaning they are read as faint positive, so IS considered positive. The band is seen, so is considered present.

As I was told over and over, if you did not have Lyme, these specific bands would not be positive.

Tick Tock

Posts: 57 | From La. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

^^

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

barksplinter
Member # 13249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barksplinter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My IgenX IgM Western Blot this summer had 8 +, 2++, and 1 IND. I have issues but I am not NEARLY as sick as my wife. Variables are:
1. She has Babeisia.
2. I continuously work around sick people.. my imunue system is continuously fired up.

That being said, had my first visit with a supposed LLMD yesterday. Did a dance around my IgM not being positive on 23-25....need more testing! He happens to own a lab.

Posts: 70 | From AZ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucecaboose
Member # 13058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucecaboose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yours and mine are similar:

IGG, 41+
IGM, 30++, 31-IND, 58+

It may be a negative result, but you have Lyme.

Posts: 43 | From Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grady
Member # 12875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My results:
POSITIVE: 2 of the following bands: 23, 39 or 41

I took the IgeneX test a couple years ago. If I take it again, is there a chance it would show different results?

Posts: 18 | From No. Va. | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Igenex results came back this week. I'm negative on the IgM, but positive on the IgG. What significance does this have? I assume I do have Lyme, but an old infection? I had +++ on 41 for the IgG and + 23-25. 31 & 39 were IND.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Grady:
My results:
POSITIVE: 2 of the following bands: 23, 39 or 41

I took the IgeneX test a couple years ago. If I take it again, is there a chance it would show different results?

You could take it on Monday and again on Tuesday and it could very well be different.

Which of the three bands was positive for you??

[ 07. October 2007, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by CherylSue:
My Igenex results came back this week. I'm negative on the IgM, but positive on the IgG. What significance does this have? I assume I do have Lyme, but an old infection? I had +++ on 41 for the IgG and + 23-25. 31 & 39 were IND.

According to the author of this paper, more of those with chronic lyme have a positive IgM. So I'm not sure.

Read this:

Western Blot explanation:
http://tinyurl.com/ffn3x

Either way, you need to treat!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Grady
Member # 12875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good question, Lymetoo, unlike many people here, my doctor was trying to convince ME I had lyme. Now I'm playing catch-up. I'll have another IgeneX test done this week, and hope the results are clearer.
Posts: 18 | From No. Va. | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Grady, when you get the results, post them here in a new thread. We'll give you some feedback on them!

When to Suspect Lyme Disease
http://tinyurl.com/lx2pz

More info:
http://www.ILADS.org/

Wild Condor's Links and information:
http://www.wildcondor.com/lymelinks.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement