LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ways to reduce Fibrogen?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ways to reduce Fibrogen?
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to ask if there are any natural ways to reduce fibrogen so ABX can hit the bacteria easier...?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fibrinogen??

Bromelain, serrapeptase, lumbrokinase, nattokinase ... Specific names: Wobenzyme, Rutozyme...others I can't remember.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058909

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nattokinase is supposed to break down fibrin

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

do they sell these kids of things at GNC, walgreens, wild oats, ect?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you should be able to find them there.

or www.vitacost.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lumbokinase has worked best for me, but very $$$.

I know a company that has it 20% off, but still $80/bottle, and I need 2/month.

Natto hasn't worked as well, but maybe I haven't tried right one. What's best Natto? Anybody?

Susan

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Cowden protocol, Dr. C uses carnivora. I bought some, but only took 1 cuz I herxed. I was later told to take it with food.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CherylSue, I am not familiar with Carnivora, is it something to help digest meat protiens?

In the case of trying to rmeove fibrinogen, the above listed enzymes are recommended to be taken on an empty stomach. You want them to enter into the blood stream where they will digest the inappropriate protiens there. The fibrin coating the viens and microbes. Take them with food, they will just stay mostly in the stomach and digest what you have eaten.

There is a very good chance that you could herx then if you took them on an empty stomach. If microbes have been exposed in the viens, they are now fair game for the immune system. Much easier target now that it is our of hiding.

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took Cowden's carnivore empty for above reasons.

It wasn't as effective as lumbokinase for me, but it is vegetarian and probably alot cleaner.

It is less expensive per bottle, so I will probably try again at higher dose.

I didn't notice any herxing on it.

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyb
Member # 7645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyb         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good old, regular vitamin C, I've heard.

Do some web searching on vitamin C and Fibrin activity. I think about 2000mg in divided doses throughout the day (say a 500mg tablet at each meal and one more somewhere during the day), dramatically cut fibrin activity.

Don't take my word for it though, search and you'll see the studies...

- JB

Posts: 1197 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

The most natural way would be to turn off cell phones and wireless. Then our bodies would produce the appropriate enzymes all by ourselves, so that we all don't need triple bypasses by the age of 45.

'Currents of Death', 'Cross Currents', 'The Body Electric' - highly recommended reading for all Lyme sufferers.

vin
Member # 13185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it common for natural anticoagulation supplements not to work and to need heparin?

I've been taking Bromelain and Lubrokinase for about two weeks and so far, nothing. [Frown]

Posts: 21 | From NY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jellybelly
Member # 7142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jellybelly   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Vin, yes, sometimes the hypercoagulation is just to severe. Note this comment:
quote:
Dr Gordon does concede that we might have to put a patient on Heparin and antibiotics at first just to get a handle on the coagulation problem. Thin the blood and attack the infections. But after this, let's use supplements that are natural and needed and we can slowly wean the patient off of the other drugs.

Please see this topic which discusses this issue at length.

web page

Posts: 1251 | From california | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement