LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Offline 3 Months -- Hubby wants to know -- How you all doing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Offline 3 Months -- Hubby wants to know -- How you all doing?
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 7 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took some time off -- did not read or post to LymeNet for last 3 months. Just needed a break.

Hubby is having a bad year -- 5 hospitalizations so far and I have lost count of the number of ER visits.

A 2nd Fry lab bloodslide says the Babesia is gone -- about the only good news -- not sure if I believe test results -- will wait and see.

Finally got approval for SPECT scan from Columbia. 6/25/07 report says "Mild to moderate global, cortical hypoperfusion with heterogeneity. This perfusion pattern is consistent with encephalitis or vasculitis, such as from infections e.g. lyme disease, autoimmune causes or secondary to some medications."

And this was when hubby was actually feeling pretty good!!!

6 weeks of IV Primaxin -- even at the therapeutic dose -- was no cure all for the Lyme. Some improvement in some symptoms only. Did Primaxin a couple of years ago and was hoping for repeat experience.

3 days of Bart meds resulted in return of gastritis/duodenitis and low back pain.

Feel like we have gone back in time to about 6 or 7 years ago when hubby first got sick. Losing weight and couldn't eat or exercise. But now instead of tremors he has muscle rigors.

Have some weird bloodwork results I will post in another thread.

Would love to hear some success stories. Surely someone feels like they are getting better! Regardless, check in and let me know how you are doing.

Seems like there are a lot of new faces on here.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you're still hanging in there!
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad you have checked in with us, Bea!! I've been worried about you two!!

I'm still doing very well... but wish it were the same for your husband. TELL HIM HELLO FOR ME!!!! [hi]

Tell him he's my hero! [group hug] oh....and [bow] YOU are too!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM barksplinter. His wife was 95% bedridden and nothing was working. Microdose rocephin (50 grams a day) has brought her out of it. She's much improved after 5 months.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea~ I've missed you and wondered how your hubby was doing.

My story has taken an interesting turn...please go to www.hhv-6foundation.org. Click on "patients" then click on HHV-6 testing. Read "My viral Test results" by Timaca.

I know you had your hubby on some antivirals didn't you?

Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will continue to pray for your husband. I am doing much better thanks to bioresonance laser therapy and a year off work. I have returned to teaching and while it is tiring I am loving it.

I have added two supplements that seem to help--Stem Enhance and zeolites. I am actually down to 10 supplements a day. For the average person that seems high, but for someone with Lyme I think it seems low. My muscle tics are gone, my tingling is gone. Just some myoclonus, imbalance, sensitivity to noise and crowds, and some fatigue remain.

I remain confident that I and many of us here will be healed with God's grace. Blessings.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea,

Good to hear from you.

I am doing very well. At this point, I believe I am in remission but too soon for me to be sure about it.

I do continue in treatment.

About your hubby feeling like he did 5 or 6 yrs ago. In natural medicine, as the body heals, it goes backward through each illness experienced in the past. It does this as it clears the illness from the body. I'm not sure this is what is happening to your fella, but maybe it is.

Good thought to hold onto.

Prayers and best wishes for you both.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea!

It is so good to hear from you!

I missed you here, and have been hoping for the best for both you and that husband of yours to whom you provide such heroically good care.

I can't tell you a good success story, more's the pity, but i can pass along great big hugs and warm healing hopes to you both.

welcome back- dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi bea.

i just want to send you & your hubby love and say i'm amazed & awed by you, and everyone else who posts & researches here in support of a loved one with lyme.

my mother doesn't even know what babesia is, and she has no desire to learn.

you are wonderful. your husband is so blessed to have you.

lots of hugs,
heather.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

I'm so glad you have checked in with us, Bea!! I've been worried about you two!!

TELL HIM HELLO FOR ME!!!! [hi]

Tell him he's my hero! [group hug] oh....and [bow] YOU are too!!!!

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [hi]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi bea [hi]

wow, I have been thinking about you this week & wondering how you & hubby are. I have missed you [kiss]

My stomach is finally getting better & have had some really good weeks. Mostly doing rife & supps. Have also done some anti-fungals, sporanox & diflcan that seemed to help alot.

I hope the best for you & your hubby & pray he can find some relief soon. I like to think you never know what's around every corner, so any day things can turn in our favor [Smile]

Thanks for the update
healing hugs [group hug]
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea!! So good to hear from you!! Have been worried about you and your hubby!!
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, glad you stopped in. Sorry things have been so stressful.

My daughter continues to have some progress since going to the brain damaged clinic. There is a long road ahead but at least there is now hope.

Hugs to you and your husband..lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice to hear from you*)!*)!! Wish your honey was doing better!!!

I am 100% symptom free and anticipate full remission once I go back on cipro (but can't do that because breastfeeding). I wish you lived nearby so I could invite you over for tea and
could meet you guys. Your husband is, even so sick, such a lucky man to have you.

Take care-

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea,

My kids and I are doing much better. They are out of bed! Son is back at school part-time and
my daughter is studying for her GED. They both are getting their hutzpa back. Still a ways to go, but out of emergency and/or misery mode

We got infected in 2000 and started treatment in 2004.

I sent a pm.

Best wishes,

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have missed your voice of care and reason.
Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea,

Good to hear from you. I've read many of your posts with interest!

Please give your hubby my best wishes!

Buhner herbs didn't work out well for me--serious adverse reaction, whether "Herx" or not, I don't know. I'm currently taking Zith and artemisinin and feeling pretty good...today.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankfully, I continue to do pretty well. I have been pretty stable on Biaxin/Bicillin for about four years with continued gradual improvement. It used to be that I was in the hospital about once a year for some reason or another. It's now been almost six years.
Dave

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, it's just so great to "see" you again. You're da bomb in my opinion. A hug to you and yours.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

Welcome back. I started zanaflex recently for muscle pain. I'm pretty sure it's used in people with muscle rigidity. Just a thought.

I wish you and your husband the best. You are such a wonderful wife, with the amount you post on this site to help him.

-Aniek

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement