LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » bettyg's keyboard not working! can read only!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bettyg's keyboard not working! can read only!
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi to all; i'm at public library for a few minutes letting you all know this at once!

my 98 WINDOWS KEYBOARD went bad 4 nights ago! will not type VOWELS and consonants around them.

so i owe folks emails back! i've tried to paste anything i could to your emails to me or if i was helping someone!

many did not make the greatest sense, but it's the best i can do at home until i find a 98 WINDOWS KEYBOARD!

bought a new one; will NOT WORK!

TO ALL NEWBIES; i can type numbers only. so the subject line shows how many pages i''m sending you.

I'VE DONE IT AGAIN----FALLEN! 5 pm last night was going into senior citizen center to leave coupons which are cut out and sent to military families overseas to use 6 months after expiration.

parked out front, went around to front of car, and SUN BLINDED ME! could not see a thing but took one step forward and landed on the ground again. YEPK, RIGHT HIP and hurt my sprained wrist just healing from my other fall 2.5 weks ago. hurts right up next to elbow so may still go to ER again! fell over a curb!

1 woman pulled her car into the driveway and asked if i was ok; she saw everything. NO, I NEED HELP. so she came over. she was larger than me, guessing 300#.

another woman came out of building and i told her i needed help so she sent out a 30ish woman. the 2 of them lifted me to my feet. how embarrassing AGAIN!

so i iced it all night long; put my wrist splint on over a single ice pack, and had it on at bedtime.

NO SLEEP; up every 30-60 minutes! if i get worse, i'll go to er.

hubby always says, "i'm an accident looking for a place to happen" and i have too much lately!

whenever i can locate a 98 windows keyboard locally thru my former co=-workers who were computer help workers, i'll type replies at that time. just a quick note to tell you i'm alive; not well, [shake] but doing the best i can with the HAND/WRIST dealt to me! [lol]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH Betty!! Would you please behave yourself??? [Eek!] I do hope the pain goes away quickly and you won't have to see the ducks in the ER again.... sigh ....

Love ya!! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take care, Betty! May your wrist and your keyboard get healed! Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty!

I'm saying some prayers for you! Girl, when you do something, you go all out!

I hope your angel wings heal up quickly!

Kayda

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty!

I'm saying some prayers for you! Girl, when you do something, you go all out!

I hope your angel wings heal up quickly!

Kayda

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear that you've gotten hurt again. [shake] You poor dear! [group hug]

I'll pray you heal quickly.

Did you try unplugging the keyboard, turning your computer off & then back on again, then plugging new one in? Or maybe try this with old one?

[confused]
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by AliG:

Did you try unplugging the keyboard, turning your computer off & then back on again, then plugging new one in? Or maybe try this with old one?
[group hug]
Ali

[bow] [cussing]
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty -- seriously, you should not move an inch if you can't see! Just stand in place and meditate until you decide which direction you can navigate safely in the future!

Hm -- your computer isn't handling vwls? Hw trgc!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked DH. He said that if you changed the keyboard & it didn't work it may be the port that it connects to.

If you were unable to plug the new keyboard in because it didn't fit, it could be because the new one is PS-2 & the old is USB?

See picture of an adapter here: PS2/USB adapter

Maybe take old keyboard with you to store? That would help them figure out what you would need if the connection is pre-USB.

Sorry, It's still not working. [Frown] [group hug]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frakktured1
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking of where you might have been lately Betty.

Sorry to hear of your mishap.
Get Well soon.

FXD

CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty this happened to me last week because I spilled coffee on my keyboard and it killed some letters- but most came back after I put keyboard on top of a heater! all except my control key!

it sounds VERY frustrating- very sorry to hear it!!!

Hope you get really back on soon!!!
Take care,

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [hi] [Wink]
bettyg
Unregistered

[bow] [bow]

Member # 6147

posted 02-10-2007 12:47 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a 98 Windows keyboard and speakers in a box that has never been used....and you can have them. Let me know and I'll bring them to Ames.

I got them with the computer years ago, but the set I have work fine so they were never taken out of the box. I'm trying to "declutter" so you taking them is a win....win for both of us!

[Big Grin] [group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [hi]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, member #6147 -- we be missing Betty and her vowels...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

hi everyonne! FEELS GOOD BEING ABLE TO TYPE AGAIN AFTER 7 -8 nights!

my former cloe friend where i used to work with;; it''s smaller keys;; having a hard time but it beats do everything by hand;;!!

came down ith bronchitus couh yesterday; mierable now....lter all..

bettyg
Unregistered

hi everyonne! FEELS GOOD BEING ABLE TO TYPE AGAIN AFTER 7 -8 nights!

my former cloe friend where i used to work with;; it''s smaller keys;; having a hard time but it beats do everything by hand;;!!

came down ith bronchitus couh yesterday; mierable now....lter all.. [group hug]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement