LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » when did your "sero-negative" turn positive?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: when did your "sero-negative" turn positive?
wxrock
Member # 13039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wxrock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to hear from folks who had one or more negative WB blood tests, but eventually turned positive. At what point did this happen? Does going on antibiotics somehow help trigger a positive blood test? Or is it just a matter of the illness progressing further along?

[ 01. October 2007, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: wxrock ]

Posts: 40 | From Lancaster PA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wxrock
Member # 13039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wxrock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has no one else had a negative WB turn positive at some point? After going on antibiotics?
Posts: 40 | From Lancaster PA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had an Equivocable result on a WB in 2003. They called it negative. My symptoms waxed and waned some the next 2 years as I was treating homeopathically for reoccurring viral and fungal infections.

In 2005 I got much worse and we tested again. At that point I was IGM postive (CDC and Igenex), but IGG negative. In the mean time I may have been on zithromax once for sinus infection (can't remember), but certainly not on a course of treatment for Lyme.

Robin

Posts: 276 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine turned positive after I'd stopped the benzodiazepine I'd been on - Klonopin. I also had radically changed my diet prior to this, so I'm not sure which did it - the diet or the cold-turkeying of a 16 year benzo.

Or maybe it was just that I'd used IGeneX that time.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My youngest son had a high ASO titer and a neg WB. He was treated for the titer first and in the same bloodwork that the titer dropped to normal, his WB came back CDC positive - Labcorp

--------------------
When I feel blue . . . . . . its time to take another breath

Posts: 296 | From East Coast | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested negative at diagnosis; WB IgG band 35, only (and a plethora of sx). A rule out diagnosis was done (it was 1993).

As my treatment progressed I got more bands and it took me better than 2 years to get a CDC positive WB. I had a couple of positive and borderline urine antigen tests around the same time.

Otherwise, my tests are all negative with multiple IND bands and a smattering of + lyme specific ones. I have recently seroconverted(not sure that's the right word) and have more IgM response than IgG, go figure!

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same experience as trueblue.

Negative until after taking antibiotics for for a year when I was again tested. It was positive by CDC surveillance standards with bands that lit up like a Xmas tree.

Clinical diagnosis is very important for people who test negative. It seems the longer you are ill with lyme, the more apt you are to test negative.

--------------------
nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement