LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Reaction to Chlorella

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reaction to Chlorella
twopuggles
Member # 10971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twopuggles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had a reaction to Chlorella? I was taking it for awhile. 15 pills a day on an empty stomach and seemed to be fine. Then I ran out, had to wait four or five days for new bottle. Took some, and was violently ill sick from both ends. Not pretty. Has this happened to anyone?

I thought it might have been the flu, and I tried to take ten pills a few days later, and had the same experience. It was horrible.

Posts: 49 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take Chlorella, but I do not take that many. I only take one or two pills a day. But no, I haven't had that experience.

Did your LLMD tell you to take that many?

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, same thing happened to me after I'd gone through almost a full bottle. I tried another brand that my Naturopathic doctor wanted me to try but had the same results.

This may explain why you've had a reaction to it now:
http://www.neuraltherapy.com/heavyMetalDetox.doc

2. Through the system�s allergic reactions to the neurotoxins
Often these two distinctive types of symptoms cannot be easily distinguished. During a detox program, the patient may also temporarily become allergic to the various substances that help to carry out the toxins. This is based on a physiological mechanism called �operant conditioning``. Every time the detoxifying substance is given, mercury emerges from its hiding places into the more superficial tissues of the body, where mercury can now be detected by the immune system. The immune system however is fooled into thinking that the detoxifying substance itself is the enemy. The immune system now starts to react to the detoxifying substance as if it was the mercury itself. This reaction typically resolves spontaneously after six weeks of not using the detox agent in question. This type of conditioned reflex can also be easily treated with simple techniques e.g. NAET, PK (APN), or by giving the detox substance in a homeopathic dilution for a few days. Often the basal membranes in the kidney will swell as a sign of the allergic reaction, causing low back pain, anuria or inability to concentrate urine. Neuraltherapy or microcurrent stimulation of the kidneys quickly resolves the issue. Muscle aches indicate the redistribution of toxins into the connective tissue and an insufficient program. Depression, headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, seizures, increased pain levels indicate redistribution of metals into the CNS and an inappropriate detox program. Eye problems and tinnitus that occurs during detox indicates redistribution of metals into these organs and requires selective mobilization from these locations before the program is continued.

Another one of Dr. K's detox papers states to stop taking it immediately if you develop nausea because you may be developing a food allergy to it.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twopuggles
Member # 10971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twopuggles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my ND told me to take the 15 pills at once. Like I said, I was not having problems at first.

TerryK that must be what it is. I did stop taking it immediately since it made me feel so awful. I am glad I am not the only one. I just have never had this happen before. There's always another surprise around every corner when your immune system is so jacked up.

Thanks.~TP

Posts: 49 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might consider having it tested for mercury. Chlorella is so good at soaking up mercury, it will absorb it from the environment.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to know if the bottle of pills you happen to get is contaminated.

I had taken a trusted brand of chlorella, which according the bottle, was specially grown and checked. After I had a very bad reaction to it, I had it tested independently, and the results came back with sky high mercury contamination.

Unless you have a lab ready to test each bottle of pills, IMO chlorella is risky stuff.

Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If chlorella (a good chlorella) gives you a problem, stop taking it for a while.

Resort to other mop-up agents, such as Betasitosterol (4-6 capsules a couple times a day, before meal), or Chitosan, Charcoal (for short periods of time only), apple pectin, citric pectin - at least a teaspoon, Destroxin, lots of fiber of fruits and vegetables (don't juice- eat the mush with all the fiber), Cholestyramine (if you can tolerate it.)

I make a mush of pineapple (fresh or frozen bits - put it in the blender before everything else) and any seasonal vegetables and fruits (celery, rutabaga, carrots, cucumber, red/green/yellow/orange peppers, anything I have in the house, and grind it in a little 3-cup Black and Decker chopper (EHC 650) - almost a cup each for my husband and myself. That gives you lots of fiber and takes care of some of the mop-up besides the "servings of fruits and vegetables" per day. We eat it as a starter with breakfast. The small blender always stays on my counter - I use it always when cooking for chopping......lumpy sauces.....and making delicious deserts with fruits and whipping cream .....it takes seconds to whip up!

Maybe after you do this for a while, you will be able to tolerate chlorella which of course has so many benefits - hard to list them all.

I am pretty certain that one chlorella tablet is not sufficient. Read about it in the "Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol" by Dr. Klinghardt, etc. which TerryK brought up. I used to take 10-15 three times 30 minutes before a meal. The timing is important for the function of catching the toxins.

Most people need the binding agents desperately to detox.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

dguy,

"Unless you have a lab ready to test each bottle of pills, IMO chlorella is risky stuff."

I have posted about this problem many, many times. That is the reason why we only take Biopureus or Kings Chlorella -- I do know with certainly that the doctors who are using these in their respective practices are testing the chlorella before they ask their patients to take it. When they change, so will we.

I am not familiar with the many different chlorellas available -- chlorella is often grown in Asian countries, collected from the different growers at a central point, and nobody knows what is contained in that type of chlorella. They are then marketed to the highest bidder and sold under different labels.

So, you are right, it is good to check carefully.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chocolat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chocolat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chlorella makes me deathly ill as well as shutting down my already non-working gut.

Found this out when starting my first Mercury detox. Doc told me for this next one to use fresh Cillantro---don't know yet how that will make me feel.

For what it is worth, I did research and found an article that said blood-type-O's and protein metabolic types cannot tolerate Chlorella. I am both. Who knows???

Think I will try Chitosan.

--------------------
sunshine

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Choc, "blood-type-O's and protein metabolic types cannot tolerate Chlorella."

I have never heard of this in all the years.

Chlorella mobilizes some toxic metals from the extracellular spaces only. It does not detox metals from the brain or intracellular spaces. If a person is toxic enough and takes chlorella, the chlorella may mobilize more toxins than it can shuttle out of the body.

So instead of taking none or less chlorella, one should take more, enough to move all mobilized metals out of the system.

Constipation can be controlled with Vitamin C, Magnesium, etc. or some of the special teas.

You might want to read "Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol" on www.neuraltherapy.com/articles - that explains better what I have been trying to say here. Usually "not enough" is the problem and the timing of taking it is important. I have posted it many times.

Cilantro tincture (raw cilantro does not work) should only be taken, because it crosses the blood brain barrier, after the extracellular spaces in the body are unloaded of mercury, so that the cilantro does not carry the toxin into the brain. Cilantro works well if applied to the skin, as I have posted here several times.

Betasitosterol is another binding agent, though it does not have all the benefits of chlorella which is a perfect food. Destroxin is another good agent. Chitosan also has the constipation problem, as does cholestyramine.

Take care.

Take care.

Chocolat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chocolat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

You may not come back again--took me a while to add a response.

Ate a handful of Cillantro--before reading your post------------put me in bed for 2 days. In a salad.

I suffer from total immune system neuropathy/a lupus like syndrome and myriad of other complications. Nerve biopsies from colon and feet show very little to no nerve activity.

Lyme since birth probably--2 documented Lyme tick bites. Gut shut down starting in 1998. No amount of magnesium or C will touch it.

Will try the Beta-Sitosterol or Destroxin-----am positive another attempt at Chlorella or Cillantro will Kill me !!

Tried to find where I found the info re: Type O's/Protein Metabolic types not being able to use above substance--Chlorella.

Of course, couldn't find but one reference. It was on mercola.com-------------------------
see www.mercola.com/onforms/chorella.htm-31-k

With me the Chlor. does it's job but can't move the toxins out due to various obstructed parts in colon.

Have no clue what to do--but never have.

Thanks for your suggestions.

--------------------
sunshine

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Choc, what does your doctor say to this? Have you had your colon checked? and/or have you ever done a colon cleanse? Have you been energetically (with muscle testing) tested for heavy metals; or done a hair test to find your mineral levels; or do a Doctor's Data heavy metals test (stool and or urine) after provocation with a chelating agent?

You said you did a mercury detox. It is often, if done incomplete or not the right way, since mercury has affinity for neurons, a ton of which make up the gut, that you still have mercury hanging on in that area. ART testing could easily pinpoint it more closely why you have such problems. Just remember that mercury detox is not done quickly. It takes years, rather than a few months, to unload to the point where symptoms disappear. Many people think they are free of it, but still suffer symptoms. If symptoms persist, consider mercury and heavy metals and mircoorganisms still hanging out.

Both problems, metals and microbes (Lyme, viruses, parasites, fungi, etc.) live together and one won't leave without the other. If you work it long enough in tandem alongside each other, you will be free eventually. It takes a long time and patience.

There are some easy colon cleanses around ....I have talked about them on this board (www.dr-natura.com) and I recently noted some others someone mentioned that they liked and were simple to do.

Take care.

Chocolat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5138

GiGi--He says Autonomic nervous system out of whack--chronic demyl.- can't spell it--inflamatory autoimmune neuropathy--a cascade of illnesses began--including hyperparathyroidism-hypercalcemia-Hashimoto's-Lupus-like syndrome driving the Lyme, suspected Myeloma (being checked every 3 mos), dysautonomia--right bundle branch block/bradycardia(keets love to get into the conduction system of heart )-gastroparesis,paralytic illius-pseudo-obstruction-ad nauseum.

Have had 2 attempted colonoscopies--can't get through-so did the kind that is like a CT scan--it's late--can't think of name of it. OH-Virtual Colonoscopy.

Have been doing a heavy metals detox--through Doctor's Data--last check showed lead way down and mercury, as well.

Afraid of colon cleanses--tried one and only took 1/2 of fiber packet--had a mini-obstruction. Can't handle fiber at all.This is why I responded to the thread re: Chlorella. It binds up the toxins but they can't get through. Thought I would end up in ER-------so scary. Going to try Beta-Sitosterol but think it may bind too much, as well.

No parasite cleanse--know I should do that---no viral panal in a long time but had many.

Doing IVIG's once a month as of September. My LLMD--a good one--says all he can do now.

I am right outside of New Orleans--we have no exceptional Naturapaths -sp-but I do have a great alternative doc formerly of Tulane----think he has kept me going on all sorts of IV's. However, he is about to retire !

Daughter has Lyme--was Dr. B.'s patient--she has been doing well untill a month ago--now looking like a possible relapse. She is my youngest-age 30--so I am certainly no spring chicken !

The one thing I have going for me is a very strong constitution and, until lately, a will of iron.

So prefer alternative treatment---but our once cash cow is nearly depleted. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for all this--well, you know.

You are the best --always have been----used to go on LymeNet all the time but gave it up sometime back---I would feel confused--want to do everything other people were doing so stopped posting.

Any suggestions from you, as in the ones above, will always be welcomed.

--------------------
sunshine

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement