LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » anyone else unable to function without nap

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone else unable to function without nap
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like no matter how much sleep I get each night, I have to take a nap of at least an hour at around 11 am each day r I'm too tired to do anything...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too, but nap not as lond as I used to need.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - but the naps are getting shorter with treatment, same as dmc.

Your LLMD appt should be coming up soon, right? Anticipating it for you... [Smile]

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep...got just 12 days to go [Big Grin] [woohoo]
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Adamm,

I have been so tired I could fall asleep standing up.

To date, since diagnosis one year ago, I have gotten in exactly 4 naps.

I have two small children and naps are not part of their agenda.

I push through. By the Grace of God, I manage to push through.

Then at the end of the day, when I am so tired I don't know who I am....

I lay down and CAN'T sleep. My mind is racing.

My heart is racing.

I would pay for one really good nap.

Any babysitters out there? [Big Grin]

Good luck with your LLMD appt. Please keep us posted as to visit.

Sending you positive thoughts.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurenTurner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurenTurner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like that a lot too, but I rarely take a nap. I have a 2 year old and during his nap is only time I can get anything done. *sigh*

But yeah, I totally understand what you mean. I've NEVER experienced fatigue like this not even when I was pregnant.

The other day at the grocery store I was actually afraid I would fall asleep standing up. It was such a weird feeling. I was having to fight to keep my eyes open.

I hope your llmd can help you! My B-12 injections help some. (When I actually use them. [bonk] )

Posts: 248 | From Tejas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me the daytime sleepiness nap thing was Babesiosis and when I got treated for that it went away- but couldn't go off Mepron for along time without it coming back!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hostbody
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hostbody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work full-time....but I would love to take a nap!

Seems I sleep best in the mornings and sitting up. As soon as I lay down - my brain does not go to sleep.

Spent several years sleeping in a recliner.

Luckily, my employer was will to change my hours from 9:30 am - 6:00 pm. That extra hour really helps.

Also, I really watch my carbs at lunch time. I also take a vitamin drink that boost energy and electrolites when I'm sleepy in the afternoon.

Posts: 111 | From York, PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geneal, i feel s sorry for you., NO NAP!

this new keyboard is black, and i can't see keys and are SMALLER than what i had befroe ... hard time to adjst, but at least i can t ype again! [Big Grin]

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that used to be me -- before treatment. Adamm, it was exactly as you said, I used to need to nap even in the morning, by 11am often.

Now after over a year of treatment for lyme and 5+ months of treatment for babs my energy level is so much better. I very rarely need to nap anymore! Hang in there, this gets better with treatment. I have much more energy than I did one year ago.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me,too. Even after 2 1/2 years of treatment, I still have to lay down in the early afternoon. Luckily I have a part-time flexible job (petsitting) that works around my schedule.

My Hubbie keeps trying to get me to take on a full-time job. There is no way I could do that even though our kids are 18 and 14! He really does not understand the profound fatigue that is a part of this disease. It has gotten much better, but its still there.
Hang in there, it will improve.
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gusgus260
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2120

Icon 9 posted      Profile for gusgus260     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can no longer work, and am home alone every weekday from 7am to 2:30pm. Lately I have been sleeping most of the time.
If I do any manual or hard mental work my brain seems to just shut down. It now takes me all day to do something that previously would do in an hour or less. After physical work for 1/2 day, I have to sleep for at least a full day.

Brain fog, fatigue, and pain are my constant companions. I will take at least one nap every day for 2-4 hrs.

Posts: 175 | From Venice, FL USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well-that's another sign of improvement for me.

Used to be when the fatigue hit-I would have no choice but to sleep it off.

Now I find after 2 and 1/2 years I do not "hit the wall" part way through the day. Well, maybe sometimes around 6pm .

Now when I take a nap-usually on weekends-it's an indulgence-not a necessity.

Cobby

Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before Babs treatment, no, after yes. Mad a big difference in my energy
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be that you aren't sleeping well. I started a muscle relaxer that helps sleep, and suddenly sleep only 6-7 hours a night and am waking up more well rested than I can ever remember.

It's also possible you have adrenal fatigue and that is causing you to crash the same time everyday. You can do an adrenal stress test which tests the levels in your saliva.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, almost every day even after over 3 yrs tx.
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladycakes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladycakes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually take naps in my car on my lunch break at work. It's the only way I can manage.
Posts: 306 | From Brownsville, PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am unable to function even WITH a nap..

--------------------
Please dont suggest "ask your LLMD" because we dont have them here in this country... [Frown] I just have to count on you fellow patients. [Smile]

Posts: 246 | From Finland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artraveler
Member # 12764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artraveler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Gusgus, I can no longer work -had to quit in '88, am home alone (except for 1 cat and 2 terriers)

from very early am to late evening, and very little physical or mental exertion exhausts me completely.

I regularly take a 2 -4 hour nap every am and have been known to "sneak in" a second nap in the afternoon!

And I still have great trouble doing basic functions even with my naps. [shake]

--------------------
May we all find peace one day and may peace prevail on earth ~ Traveler

Posts: 66 | From traveling the U.S. | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since getting sick, I eel like all I do is sleep. I haven't been able to work.

My son is 2 and he naps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon so I nap too.

I still can barely function. Then it is hard for me to fall asleep at night

because just like others, my mind is racing, and the pain and twitching keep me awake.

I also have sleep apnea which doesn't help.

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blazinglyme
Member # 13320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blazinglyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

Well nap time for me is 1 pm to 3 pm, sometimes longer!

I do have a few days a month that I can stay awake all day, very few!

I use to work 9 am to 1 pm, which was great for me! lol nap time was at 1:30 than.

Best wishes all

--------------------
don't give up the fight

Posts: 49 | From Frankford, DE | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onthemend
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onthemend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still napping for at least an hour around 2 p.m. OR sometimes I have to right after workout.
BUT - I now have days I don't need it, and it is often more of a 'rest' than an actual 'nap' - big improvements to me after 9 mos abx.

I loved the supermarket story. That happened to me once... I was standing there leaning on my cart, thinking - 'wow! i'm gonna go to sleep right here!' We really gotta write a book.

onthemend

Posts: 314 | From east coast | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement