LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Brainfog and dizziness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brainfog and dizziness
wolfgangdl
Member # 13444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wolfgangdl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody .

My name David and this is my second post.

I have an extreme case of chronic neuro Lyme.

My symptoms kinda started out differently than most of others that I have read.

My worst symptoms are extreme brainfog and dizziness.

The brainfog and dizziness just appeared one day. It hit me so fast I didnt know what was coming.

I thought I was getting the flu , but after being in bed for days I started to feel better , but the brainfog never went away.

My life slowly went downhill after that and over time I got worse and worse.

Now I have over 30 different symptoms.

I have yet to read about any help for brainfog or dizziness.

Does anyone know of anything that would be helpfull?

It gets so extremely bad sometimes that I have these horrible panic attacks and these attacks increase the dizziness.

I am on meds and have an LLMD but I often get so discouraged because I am about to lose my job and many other things due to this dizziness.

The lyme has also attacked my nervouse system making it hard for me to control my muscles.

I also suffer from chronic muscle spasms and very slow muscle mass loss.

Numerous vision problems... cant hardley look at bright things or enjoy a nice sunny day. Also see moving objects in eyes.

I geuss the reason why I am sharing this with you is because I am wondering if there are other lyme patients that suffer with these symptoms and if anyone knows any ways to help with these symptoms.

All help would be appreciated.. God Bless You

David

Posts: 15 | From Tulsa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome david to the board!

i sent you a welcome package of info, look for these things in there!

* eye sensitivities and NOIR sunglasses!

are you a DIABETIC TOO?

i recently learned my floaters are actualy early diabetees retinopathy; i'm in early stages of going blind!

at end is 24 pages of SSDI, ss disability insurance benefit instructions; check them out.

before there is a long list of lyme symptoms; 2 different version; check them out well ok!

glad you found us; you will learn a lot; get moral support when needed, etc! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wolfgangdl
Member # 13444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wolfgangdl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Im not diabetic. I have been to two different eye doctors that found absolutley nothing wrong with my eyes. This was before my lyme diagnoses. I am assuming that its another of lyme or a co-infection sympton.
Posts: 15 | From Tulsa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wyo
Member # 13095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
My worst problem is lightheaded and dizzy.
I have been on minocycline for three weeks now and havnt seen any change.

I to have panic attacks and eye problems.I have lorazapam that I take sometimes for the panic attacks it helps a little.

I am so ready to get rid of this dizziness it scares the crap out of me.

Posts: 12 | From Big Piney, Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brainfog adn dizziness are also symptoms of babesiosis which can be seronegative!!!!!
So make sure you are evaluated for that-!!!

I had all the symptoms you mentioned- in the beginning- things got MUCH worse before I got help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have NO symptoms today*)!*))!
Hope you do as well- it can take time-
Hang in there!*)!*!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi David,

I had virtually every symptom as you describe when I started treatment last summe, after years of untreated lyme and babesia.

Are you seeing a lyme literate doctor. I want to just let you know that you can get better, even as sick as you are now, with treatment. I am very much better after 15 months of antibiotics and antimalarial medicines. You will need to be very patient and treatment can be a rough ride sometimes, but for me it has been possible to overcome most of the brainfog and fatigue. My muscle strength and control is better also.

Dizziness has taken the longest to resolve, but it was one of my first symptoms. It is only now after 15 months of treatment that it is really getting better. I have taken about one year of high-dose amoxy, over five months of malarone, three weeks of high dose doxy, 3-4 months of minocycline, and now in my second month of plaquenil and bicillin injections. I suspect that the last couple of months on bicillin and mino have helped with dizziness, specifically, for me.

I had improvement from everyone of these medicines, and I think it is going to take me another year of really strong treatment to get all of these symptoms under control, or in remission as we call it.

One of the most important things is working with a good llmd and realizing that treatment may take time to show results. Best wishes and I hope you can see a llmd.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
these were my worst symptoms, as well. my neurolyme was so severe i couldn't function at all, i thought for sure i would die.

i promise you, it will get better with treatment. it may take awhile, but hang in there; you WILL get through this.

[group hug]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have dizzy spells occasionally and anxiety and panic attacks frequently.

Have you considered that your anxiety and panic attacks may be related to artificial electromagnetic fields?

I actually bought a Trimeter (gaussmeter) to measure the electromagnetic fields in my environment to see if these indeed corresponded with my anxiety and panic attacks, and they did.

I think what I am feeling is the movement of the bacteria. You might want to go to www.antennasearch.com and see if any new cell phone towers just went up around where you live.

I honestly think cell phone towers or some new technology is causing chronic infection. Bacteria have a magnetic sense.

Check this out:

`Cross Currents' by Dr. Robert Becker - page 72.

In 1975, Professor Richard Blakemore, also of Woods Hole Marine Biological Laboratory, became intrigued by the strange behavior of some bacteria he was studying.

Blakemore noticed that the bacteria always clustered at the north side of their culture dish. Even if he turned the dish so that they were at the south end and left it overnight, the next morning the bacteria were back at the north side.

While such ``magnetotrophic'' bacteria had been described before, no one had ever done what Blakemore did next: he looked at them under the electron microscope. What he found was astonishing.

Each bacterium contained a chain of tiny magnets! The magnets were actually crystals of the naturally magnetic mineral magnetite, the original lodestone of preliterate peoples. Somehow, the bacteria absorbed the soluble components from the water and put them together in their bodies as the insoluble crystalline chain.

Later studies showed that this arrangement was of value to these bacteria, which lived in the mud on the bottom of shallow bays and marshes.

If they were moved by the tide or by storm waves, their magnetic chains were large enough (in comparison to their body size) to physically turn their bodies so that they pointed down at an angle corresponding to the direction of magnetic north.

All the bacteria had to do was swim in that direction, and sooner or later they would be back in the mud. This was an interesting mechanism, but it did not contain any sophisticated information transfer.

The bacteria did not ``know'' that north was the way to swim; they just did so. However, these observations opened up a much more interesting series of investigations.

locdog
Member # 10372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locdog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ginkgo Biloba! My worst symptoms are too the brain fog and memory issues and disorientation and.......anyways.

The single most noticable, fast acting, and effective thing I have ever taken for these symptoms has been GINGKO BILOBA. And even better it is cheap! I just had to restock and I got 2 jars of 200 for $15 at a walgreens sale. thats almost a years worth lol!!!!

Posts: 40 | From AZ | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most of us have experienced what you have.

And many have lost their ability to work-I know I did.

I will tell you that a spect scan has greatly influenced the doctor's treatment approach-I am now on IV Rocephin-and it has really helped with the brain function.

Minocycline however increased my dizziness to the point I was unable to get out of bed.

I will also admit to several visits to the ER which I suspect may have been panic/anxiety but which were treated as drug reactions or herxes.

Bottom line-when the cure becomes worse than the bite I opt for a different course of action-like changing meds to ones I can tolerate and still function.

I am almost two years into treatment-my how time flies. But I think the IV meds are what have helped me the most.

That and supplements and diet and actually being off work so I can go at my own pace-sometimes faster than stop , and sometimes slower than full speed ahead.

Lately I have been able to get through the day without naps!!!!!

Take Care,
Carol
ps- just to show you how far I have come-I was a teacher and I regressed to the point I didn't even know which way to turn the page in a book.

Brainfog clears with the right medications.

disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, brainfog and dizziness (and feeling woozy) are also my biggest symptoms. I know what it's like. :-(

I've been told that the dizziness can be worse if you have low blood pressure (which I have) and to put some salt in your water. I put sea salt in mine. I have noticed some decrease in dizziness, but since Lyme is so iff-y it might just be a coincidence and not actually due to low blood pressure. But it doesn't hurt to try. I still put sea salt in my water.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wolfgangdl
Member # 13444

Thanks for your testimonies and words of encouragement.

I am seeing a LLMD in Springfield MO. I have onyl seen him once now and I was put on Doxy and Nystatin along with a plan for diet etc..

I have been on these meds for about 2 1/2 weeks without any change.

It looks like this is gonna be a long ride before I get better.

If I feel bad all the time then how do I know when I am having a herx?

My symptoms have felt like they were worsening for quite some time so It would be hard for me to tell them aprt from a herx.

I am confused about the difference between a brain spect test and an MRI. Can a spect test see
things that an MRI can not? I have had three MRIS and two cat scans which all were normal.

Its crazy how many tests I had done before I dug up info on Lymes and an LLMD. After what insurance paid I spent over 15 grand on medical bills.

What can the doc see on a spect test?

And how long does it take in general for a person to see any type of relief or improvement?

David

EyeBob
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EyeBob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolfgang,

Try to relax. It's hard, but try. I too had zero problems until I was whacked with major brain fog as my initial symptom. Slowly it's released it's grip on me. It took 5 months or slowly improving. I have found that clarithromycin/plaquinil have helped the most. Doxy did little and Azith did little for me. As far as I know, the fog and visual symptoms that you mention ALWAYS get better. At this point I have very little fog, some days, none.

Hang in there. You will improve.

BT

Posts: 299 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EyeBob
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EyeBob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention that it's very likely that the anxiety that you're feeling is a direct result of the Lyme, which too will get better. Mine is non-existent when my fog isn't present. They go hand in hand.

As your fog improves, so will your anxiety.

BT

Posts: 299 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that helped me a LOT were the foot detox patches. We are putting so many things IN our bodies to fight the bugs, but not, in my opinion, doing enough to help the body get the toxins OUT.

Search for foot detox patches on this site, which is how I found them. Healthmarvels.com sells them for the lowest price--I like the gold ones best. PodiPatches are more expensive, but many on this site swear by them.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement