LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » need help with abdominal pain/diahrrea

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need help with abdominal pain/diahrrea
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this may be long so please be patient. i went on vacation and had a terrible time.

i'm still sure it was those herb capsules i was having diahrrea at least 3-4 times a day. i had horrible burning pain throughout the abdomen. felt like it was on fire.

i called my gastro long distance and he said "probably antibiotic induced colitis", go to er, get flagyl. well of course, my husband said no way am i going to the er on vacation, this is just constant IBS, don't worry. so i didn't go. don't comment on this, as i feel bad enough as it is......nuff said.

so now i'm home. i am still having soft mushy stools in the morning but the abominal pain is mostly at night. if you press on the right side, the pain shoots across the abdomen to the left. i hurt under the ribs on both sides, down along the pelvic bones and below the navel and down. i get nauseous if i eat, just not hungry.

i have had no blood in stools, just terrible, terrible pain throughout the night.

can anybody give me some suggestions? i've looked up toxic colon, and i don't think this is it. i'm not sure about c. difficile either.

i sure could use some suggestions.
and, yes,i've been diagnosed with chronic ibs. Ha...ibs, just another lyme symptom in my opinion.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I'm so sorry you're still suffering so. You need to get some tests run....but I'm no expert in this area.

UP for HELP!!

Welcome back, Randi! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ladylee210
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ladylee210     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have IBS - have had it ever since I had CF from meds.
I have been on mnay different meds for IBS, they used to work.

Just recently (since June) I had a seriuos cause - had been extremely sick - lost weight and so on.

Nothing was working - I mean nothing. I had all the stool tests redone and nothing showed, so they said it was IBS acting up.

I was in a store and I over heard a Lady speaking about IBS and how sick she got as well, I went over to her and began to talk - she told me that all the meds didn't work for her much either - she then direct me to the health food store and told me to buy "Pepogest" it is peppermint oil in pill form. ($8.50 a bottle of 60)

To start I used 2 pills 3 times a day - (only for a day or two) then I backed off to one a day - a now I take one a week.

It really works and fast - within the first day I was feeling much better.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 374 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your GI troubles.

You need to be evaluated by a doctor without delay. Make sure you get tested for C. difficile (this requires a stool sample).

Best wishes, Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please do get tested for c. diff and follow up on your other tests with the GI...

In the meantime, "pepogest" is helpful (for me, too!), as is oregano oil. Also, increasing your probiotics and taking s. boulardii could help a bit.

Besides c. diff, there are other bacterial overgrowths you can have in your gut. I have several, and will attest to how painful it can be! If that's the case for you, too, getting that taken care of is essential so you can continue TBD treatment.

Hope you feel better soon,
Cactus

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi, I know you already had a bunch of tests done and they came out normal, right? I had terrible awful horrible IBS that came on with Lyme and went away 100% with Doxycycline, thank goodness!! For me I htink it was from HME.

I'm sorry you have this and I hope it goes away soon-!!!

Flagyl is great for many kinds of intestinal problems- used for many different bowel conditions-

Take care,
Sincerely,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diarhea was one of my worst symptoms - occasional watery stools, but more often soft, mushy ones - often yellow or orange in color.

I eat the following day-in and day-out:

canned peas, grapeseed oil, sea salt, grape juice, cinnamon, turmeric.

I'm sure it's not total nutrition, but if your colon is falling out, you probably are absorbing even less nutrition trying to vary your diet.

The cinnamon should help your blood sugar, which in turn would help candida, if that's part of your problem. Turmeric will kill h-pylori and some other parasites which prevent absorption of vitamin C. I can't handle most herbs, but this one I can.

If I eat anything else, my symptoms flare. My symptoms also flare regardless of what I eat if I'm exposed to electromagnetic fields, because these bugs get the signal to reproduce.

Try it for 3 days and see if it helps. I tried one food at a time, one allergic reaction after another, to arrive at this diet.

I cannot handle any food with vitamin A or large amounts of iron either. Consequently, I had been on Accutane (a derivative of vitamin A) and prescription iron. In fact, a doc who works with one of the PCPs who missed my Lyme, DOUBLED my dose of prescription iron following my hysterectomy. It contained vitamins, too, to enhance absorption! So, I'm toxic with iron and vitamin A, and nobody will help.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement