LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can anyone explain why my ribs hurt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can anyone explain why my ribs hurt?
dmbfan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11948

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dmbfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that rib soreness and pain is common for TBD. I just want to know why?

What is happening that makes it so painfull? My arms and the back of my arm pits ache so bad as well.

I have my husband massage and use heat and sometimes alleve, but its just constant.

I do yoga stretches everyday to try and stay loose.

Does the bacteria like those areas or something> I just don't get it!

Posts: 368 | From freehold, nj | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my experience that kind of pain is all about the lymph system. When you look at a map of the body's lymph, it is all about the arm pits and the core.

When lymph gets congested with toxins, the muscles in the area tend to spasm (my experience, but I can't tell you why.)

Things I know about that help are lymph and spleen drainage, red root tincture, and loads of water.

In addition, gentle weight lifting and ab/core training make a big! difference. The lymph system has no pump, so it relies on movement of the muscles in the area to pump it out.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinchotGail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinchotGail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANYONE THAT'S A DMB FAN AND A LYME PATIENT DESERVES A RESPONSE!! [Wink]

I don't know the answer, but I have had on and off before being diagnosed with Lyme and tbd's. I think lyme likes the connective tissue around the ribs....I remember just going over each and every one.....often the most sore around the side and under arm pit area.

Where are yours the most sore??

Gail
MySpace page
 -

--------------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an
indomitable will ~ Gandhi

Posts: 562 | From Wellsville, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think one name for this is costochondritis, meaning the cartilage of the ribcage area gets inflamed. The spirochetal bacteria are able to worm their way through soft tissues. Symptoms wax and wane usually.

[ 20. October 2007, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmbfan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmbfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine are most sore towards on the sides. My husband was rubbing them for me last night and a couple of times I leaped in pain.

Does this contribute to breathe hunger do you think, b/c thats my other big problem. I feel like i can't breathe.

Anyone have good suggestions for dealing with breathe hunger?

All this lyme stuff puts a real damper on trying to enjoy a dmb show!

Posts: 368 | From freehold, nj | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was Babs related. Babs treatment helped. Do a search or chest pain here.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Dr. S in his new book on Babesia, mention

Severe rib pain as a symptom of babs also?

I know I read that.

Maybe worth asking your LLMD about.

I also get rib pain. Most commonly on the sides of my breasts, but sometimes

In the front. Sometimes in the back.

Sometimes in the ribs right over my heart.

Aggravating too.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinchotGail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinchotGail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that's where mine were sore the most!! [shake]

Not jumping pain just very tender.....I thought I had a tumor on my breast and maybe that was why it was so sore. [Eek!] They ultrasounded it and nothing (of course)

Air hunger......boy I wish I had some helpful hints....I don't cuz that symptom wasn't as bothersome??....but I did find out my "sighing" was caused by it. I never put that together until after 3 rounds of Babs treatment.....7 months Mepron/zith/art and then 4 months of same later that year. And finally 6 months of Ketek and Malarone. It was one HECK of a thing to get rid of. At least I think it is gone........

Yes now back to Dave & co. that darned band couldn't get to my neck of the woods this year because he and his wife were expecting baby #2....SHOOT!!! I so look forward to his concert every year.....sniff, sniff.......

Gail
 -

--------------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an
indomitable will ~ Gandhi

Posts: 562 | From Wellsville, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spleen drainage?
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiffagoo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiffagoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same type of pain. It was absolutely horrific for me. And before I was diagnosed with Lyme, I went to the ER because I thought I was having a heart attck.

Once I was diagnosed I really didn't have them until I herxed. But every so often I get chest pain above my breasts, and on my sternum. Sometimes the pain in my back wraps around my ribs on my back side. I hope it gets better!

I know exactly what your going through, just hang in there. My husband also rubs my back. But I think he's getting tired of me constantly asking to rub my back. Taking a warm shower really helps me.

Posts: 151 | From california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this too (mine was in the cartilage in the front of the rib cage). It was towards the end of my babesia treatment but right when I had first added Flagyl to my Lyme meds for the first time. Anyway, it went away after I got acupuncture for it- pretty amazing.

Recently I had a babesia flare in the past few weeks- and yesterday I had the WORST rib pain in another spot. I feel for you.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks. I have this pretty badly as well. I found that welchol for detox reduced the pain.

Mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement