LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I'm too young to be this complex!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm too young to be this complex!
knshore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knshore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 17 years old and I am getting sicker and sicker as the weeks go by. I can barely make it to school most days. I am so exhausted ALL THE TIME! I have severe iron deficiency, all kinds of GI symptoms, cognitive symptoms...the list goes on. My question is I am allergic to most abx. We don't know exactly which ones because I reacted so badly to sulfa and penicillin groups that my doctors aren't willing to try new ones. Has anyone had good luck with finding an LLMD who uses more integrated medicine? I am willing to try new abx, but I would want to be under the care of a REALLY good LLMD.

I have been to 18 doctors in the past 1.5-2 years and we are really on a search for a really good LLMD who can handle a complex case. Also, if anyone has a good LLMD in Southern CA I would appreciate it.

I guess my 2 questions are:
Do herbal remedies work?
Anyone have a GOOD LLMD in Southern CA?

Thank you...I'm desperate!

Posts: 215 | From Student | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

sorry to hear of what you are dealing with. That you are seeking a LLMD sounds like you either know or suspect lyme or lyme and coinfections are involved. Nevertheless, a good LLMD would be able to rule out other stuff, or deal with it. Whereas, you are most likely correct in the realization that other doctors do not consider lyme.

1. Most people have found some herbal supplements to help - best with the advice of a LLMD who will work on a total protocol for you.

you can read Dr. B's guidelines at www.ilads.org for diet and nutrition support information.

You might try to taper off wheat products if you are eating wheat. Gluten can cause lots of trouble and most lyme patients find a gluten-free diet, at least at first, to be the single most important help. Berries are the best fruits if you can.

There may be a difference of opinion about supplements in general, however, many people can guide you on what has worked the most for some and guide you to the most reputable sites.

2. there are some very good LLMDs in So. Cal. - and yes, some do incorporate nutritional support. Believe me, they've seen what you describe.

You might google CALDA, I think that's it for California LD Assoc. Or google your town, with Lyme Disease support group.

I hope someone will come along soon to welcome you and send you what you need.

You might also post in searching for doctors and see the support groups page - look now on this page to your left . . . 3rd down.

Your closest support group members should be able to guide you.

Rest, too, is very important and go very gentle with physical activity. Get some, but gentle. No aerobics for now. If it wears you out, that can be too much for now.

Please know that you can get better. Take care and I'll check back on this tomorrow to be sure you've been taken care of.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KNSHORE: I am reposting from your post in SEEKING A DOCTOR - this adds information and will save others time in their reply to you.

I see from the doctors' thread that you have some contacts - I hope they work out. Someone may PM you if they have a particularly good doctor in the L.A. area.

KNSHORE
Flash Member
Member # 13451

posted 26 October, 2007 06:04 PM

I am 17 years old and have about 45-50 symptoms off of a list of 70 for Lyme. We are pretty sure I have it and we are waiting to send in the Igenex Kit.

The problem is that I can't take abx. I am anaphylactic to most of them, and they are too worried to test others. I am very ill and need the name of a LLMD ASAP!!!!!! Please let me know of a good one who can handle a complex case and who uses integrative medicine to treat.

Finally, I did have the rash...so we are almost 99% sure I have Lyme.

Thank you!

-----

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knshore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knshore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention, I am gluten free (dx'd Celiac Disease) casein free soy free AND nut free. Thank you for the advice, I will call my local support group leader and ask them.

Thanks!!!

Posts: 215 | From Student | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesperationIn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesperationIn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry you are in feeling so badly. Have you read the book Healing Lyme by Stephen Buhner? It describes a detailed herbal protocol for lyme disease to be used alone or with antibiotics. I have been doing it faithfully for about 2 months along with agressive antibiotic therapy and feel it is very helpful.

Another poster on here, JimBob has been doing that protocol for two years without any antibiotics and says it helped him a ton- hopefully he will post here to tell you about his amazing success on this protocol or you can do a search for his story since he shares it often.

There is another herbal protocol called the Cowden protocol that other people find very helpful for killing lyme but I have not tried it.

I think if you are allergic to antibiotics and suspect you may have lyme, it may be very worthwhile to try and start on one of these protocols before you get in with an LLMD.

It's great you are sending blood to Igenex. It's good to come to the LLMD with the results already in hand. I hope you find a great doctor and find a treatment plan that works for you.

I have been diagnosed with lyme a few months ago so I am new to this as well. But I hope you will find something that works for you- there are many options for treatment and it's a trial and error process. Good luck and stay strong!

-Despin

Posts: 163 | From Cleveland, OH | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter is a cell phone user, and she has allergies to antibiotics. I used to use a cordless phone, which is just as bad:

http://www.naturalmatters.net/article.asp?article=2965&cat=247

17. Numerous studies have connected microwave and other electromagnetic radiation exposure to an increase in allergies. Microwave exposure has been shown to turn on mast cells to produce more histamine - the chemical responsible for allergic reactions - and other electromagnetic fields have been shown to actually increase the number of mast cells in the body.

Microwaves have also been found to increase Immunoglobulin antibodies in the body. Immunoglobulin antibodies are responsible for triggering an allergic reaction to a particular substance or protein.

Many researchers and scientists were - and still are - puzzled by the fact that the East German population had so few allergies in comparison to the West German population when the two countries unified.

But what they failed to examine is the simple fact that East Germany had much stricter regulations regarding ambient radiation levels than West Germany. Since East Germany adopted West Germany's standards, allergies in former East Germany have since reached par with the levels of former West Germany.

Check the whole link out though - there are a bunch of health effects that I kind of think are somehow related to the increase in chronic Lyme - though it isn't likely to be just cell phones. I just gave that as one example.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement