LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Stopped ABX for the time being - SO SLEEPY!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stopped ABX for the time being - SO SLEEPY!!
Visual Afterimage Man
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Visual Afterimage Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stopped all meds on Sunday 11/3/07 and have been taking a break since then.

I had been on a high dose of flagyl for two weeks that nearly killed me. SO I figured I deserved the break.

Since stopping abx, the depression and anxiety has decreased substantually. It's still there, but it's minor. Such a relief!!!

But I'm sooooooo tired all the time. I fall asleep at 8:00 PM. I'm foggy brained and groggy all day long. Coffee doesn't do the trick.. it just makes me dizzy.

Sheesh... what is this? LYME? Or YEAST? Or my body trying to rebalance? I've been on abx for 1 year solid with no breaks at all.

I'm worried about Yeast because I have a terrible mess in my mouth in the mornings. It gets better as the day goes on, but still a bad taste lingers.

Does this sound like anybody else out there?

--------------------
26 months of treatment. And counting.......

Posts: 298 | From Northeast Kansas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abacomah
Member # 5633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abacomah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it could be yeast and yeast symptoms overlap with Lyme. There is a test you can do in the morning. Here it is:
How to take the test...

Fill a glass with room temperature filtered or bottled water. Before you eat or drink anything first thing in the morning, spit a fair amount of saliva into the glass of water. Leave the glass untouched for up to one hour, checking it every 15 minutes or so.

If you test positive for Candida, you will find "string-like legs" traveling down into the water from the saliva, as well as cloudy saliva collecting on the bottom of the glass and cloudy specks of saliva that seem to be suspended in the water. Of course, depending on how severe your Candida is, the saliva will react in varying degrees. If you don't have Candida, the saliva should float on top of the water in a compact blob and not have any string-like legs or cloudy specks of saliva floating in the water.

Sceptical of this test? Asked different family members to take it for comparison purposes. I did and my hubbies floats.

Here is a visual Candida spit test
There is a lot of info on yeast in the internet. I use www.yeastconnection.com Also, Dr. Cook has several very good books on it.

Here is a link on this board to a discussion on yeast. Do a search. There are many more.
Lymenet post on yeast

Posts: 58 | From SC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Visual Afterimage Man

I am so sorry your are going threw this [Frown]

Just wanted to mention your body could still be clearing out the herx/toxins. When I stopped all meds it took me a good month to feel better again. Are you doing anything for detox/ maybe some detox teas may help?

But as abacomah suggested it could also be yeast, make sure to ask your doc about this.

I have been fighting yeast problems it for a long time now & it can makes me feel like a limp rag. Have been back on the diflucan now for 2 weeks & having really good days

Hope you can feel better soon

hang in there [group hug]
Dana

none of the above is medical advise...just my 2 cents

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5fdana8-when you stopped meds, did you have herx-like symptoms? I stopped my meds, but thought I was having a relapse, so went back on..maybe I should have "toughed it" out
Posts: 561 | From eastcoast | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Visual,

Whew!!! A breather!!

Did you see your LLMD?

What'd he say?

Now:

Did you get on Theralac?

One or maybe a couple a day till you get stabilized.

Then lots of water and lemon. Walks if you feel up to it. Early bedtimes and lots of rest. REAL food. Low stress. Cut yourself a little slack. See if it helps.

Don't cut corners on Theralac.

Don't make me come over there!!!!

[Wink]

Congrats on getting to a resting spot, at the very least. Give yourself a bit of a break.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't cut corners on Theralac.

Don't make me come over there!!!!

[lol]

Lyme symptoms list compared with yeast symptoms
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021202.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told yesterday to stop antibiotics (doxy) for one month. So this is my first day off.

If I get very sleepy I'll be thrilled since I'm so tired, but never sleepy.

A few months back I misunderstood and stopped mistakenly and after two weeks relapsed, called LLMD and was told to get back on.

This break is to get rid of toxins. Is that the reason you've stopped? IS THIS A NEW THEORY? (sorry I'm not yelling, I just don't know how to make bold print here.) I had thought the keets were supposed to be attacked unrelentingly.

I didn't question it, just so glad to not be on anything. Maybe I'll even start having dessert! (while continuing a probiotic however.)

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement