LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » FEEL GOOD W/HBO SHOULD I START C/SALT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FEEL GOOD W/HBO SHOULD I START C/SALT
lahines65
Member # 11027

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lahines65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After IV ABX (5 wks)and oral (4 wks), I had a real bad spell (felt like a 4 week herx) so I started HBO for the past two weeks. I feel so much better, in fact, as well as I have in the past 4 years. My question is I want to start the Vitamin C/Salt protocol and my ingredients just came in. Should I start them while I am feeling so good, or should I wait? I have two more weeks of HBO therapy and I think the Vit. C/Salt would be more effective if I did them simutaneously (like doing ABX and HBO). Anyone have any suggestions, or has tried them both at the same time. I would really appreciate any comments this is the first time I am trying the C/Salt regimen. Thank you.

--------------------
Lisa Hines

Posts: 18 | From Orange Park, Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

Please check your electrolytes and vital signs frequently. As sodium can cause high blood pressure and arrythmias..

There have been several opinions on this thread about the protocol. Try doing a search you will get several.

Kindly,

Julia

--------------------
Please consult your LLMD before making any changes to your treatment regimen.

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lahines65
Member # 11027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lahines65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your response and I love what your doing for people who need HBO. I can't believe your rates are so cheap. I live in Florida, but my first access to HBO was in California for 30 days and believe me it wasn't near $55.00 a dive. My HBO treatments in Florida are $200 a session. Although I was given a discount for the next 30 sessions I'm doing.

I'm very interested in the cost of a chamber and the training to run one. After the cost of therapy every couple of years, I'm wondering if it would be better just to buy a used chamber and get certified to use it. I'm trying to figure out how many treatments and how often I should do them to maintain my wellness; instead of waiting until I get so sick I can't stand it before doing HBO.

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

--------------------
Lisa Hines

Posts: 18 | From Orange Park, Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you do salt/C keep an eye on your blood pressure and have frequent checks on your kidney function. You dont' need an additional problem! [shake]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa, as Julia mentioned, please do a search here at LymeNet for some threads about the salt/C protocol before you start it. I'm afraid you won't get the whole story on the LymeStrategies Yahoo group - the administrator does not allow people to post about some serious adverse events that should be made very public.

Just my opinion, of course, but I would not start the salt/C while still doing the HBOT. For starters, you will not be able to sort out your reactions to each protocol. The combined effect may be totally different and unexpected than either protocol separately.

It was good to hear how well you are feeling from the HBOT treatments. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lahines65
Member # 11027

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lahines65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tracy,

After thinking about it, I decided not to start the Salt/Vit. C protocol until after my HBO tratments, which will be the week after Thanksgiving. I am feeling really good just with the HBO treatments, eating right (pretty good for me), and Vit./Mineral rountine. I'm scared that if I start now and start to Herx, I will feel like I did 5 weeks after I.V, and on Augumentin/Flagy (The reason I started HBO this time is because I felt great after the Rocephin and when insurance would not pay of I.V. anymore the started me on the above, I felt bad immedately, until I decided on my own to stop the treatement and start HBO. Thant's why I'm so interested in the Salt/Vit.c, I need something to continue and hopefully be on my way to recovery.

Thanks for giving the information you had. I you know anything else about Vit C/salt, please let me know where it find it. I want to make an smart decision and I hope I will!!!

--------------------
Lisa Hines

Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa, there were a couple of really informative threads here about the salt/C protocol, and I wished I had saved those links.

Click on the `search' button, type ``salt'' in the search word box, limit your search to the Medical Questions forum and make sure you limit the search to the `subject only'. And a whole bunch of threads will come up!

Sorry I can't be more specific. You might watch for posts from `oxygenbabe'. She had a particularly bad experience with the Salt/C treatment.

I think you are smart to continue with some type of treatment, and hopefully continue on your path to wellness. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John292
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John292     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The salt and c has been working for me! I have been on it for a year and the past three month have been at 10 grams of sodium and C per day.

I also take other sups too.

I think that the slat and C is the only way to get it out of the intestines.

I think that when you have problems taking the slat and C it happens when IT IS CLEANING keets OUT OF YOUR BODY. I have gone thru a few of those and stuck with it.

The keets swim in you body, swim into the whit bloodless tissue, FAT, cartledge, bones, ligaments and and and the eyes and intestines yes into the intestines.

The intestines take a long time to clean out and after that the eyes. The eyes are last.

The salt and C is not easy just like any other protocol is not easy.

I think that when you feel bad get a pain or can't think it is becasue it is cleaning something out. You have to go with it and get thru it. It takes years............

How many of those keets do you have to having living in your intestine where there is no blood flow to repopulate??????

Say you are on ABx for 3 months and feel great!!!! Yeah!!!!! Ah did you get all of the keets? Ah how would you know if you got ALL of them? Can they come back? What if there is just one of them left hiding some where? Can it turn into a 1 million if left alone? Why not?

Hay!!! You got old age or Lyme disease?????

Please keep in mind that works for one person may not work for you.

I can not say "Oh don't do that protocol" That could be really poor advice for someone. Please take control of your own health. Try it and see if it works but then there is that problem when it kills keets and you feel like crap.......

This is just a very complex and really life taking disease or life reducing disease. It is a major challenge to get thru this.

You need something that you can take for a long time to kill keets. They can live in the body and hide and change shape and stay there for a long time. Nothing new here. The human race learned all about keets after the WWI and the sexually transmitted disease. They know back then that the keets change form and hide. Nothing new with that at all.

Can you kill keets where the blood does not flow NO NO NO NO If there is no blood flow, no blood flow in that tissue, how will the drugs in the blood get to the keets!!!!!!

Take care.

--------------------
Nov-08 NutraMedix, BurBur Pinella WORKS, Japanese Knotweed, d-Lenolate, ALC, Was on Salt/C 1.5 yrs ended in 06
My brain is working better!!

Feeling very good now [Smile]

Posts: 182 | From Northern, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement