LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » BABESIOSIS RELAPSE? PLEASE HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BABESIOSIS RELAPSE? PLEASE HELP!
POP
Member # 4111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for POP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Members, I don`t post much but I do follow the board faithfully. If you look at my past posts you will see that I was infected on my Federal Government job back in 1992, I have been in the chronic stages of the disease since.

My last positive test for Lyme was in 2002, at that time I was treated for 3 straight years of mixed orals stopping in late 2005. Along the journey I also tested positive for Babesiosis in 1999, I was out of work for a month when this happened.

My symptoms of Babesiosis at that time were weight loss (30LBS), anxiety, loss of appetite, fatigue, lack of sleep and severe back pain. I was doing okay for the last 2 years until 2 weeks ago when I had a traumatic experiance.

At first it thought maybe a flu or virus but all the symptoms I listed above are back and it`s not stopping. I am losing weight, I have no appetite, I am tired but can`t sleep, I`m ready to jump out of my skin and I have severe back spasms again that have now worked it`s way into my rib cage.

Has anyone had a relapse of Babesiosis due to a traumatic experiance or just plain relapsed? I have an appointment with my LLMD on 11/14 but I`m in a lot of pain now and can`t take it anymore. Any information from anyone on this topic will be greatly appreciated, thanks. POP

Posts: 57 | From N.C. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POP:

I am where you are as I type this. My relapse started after an overseas trip. Just can't seem to get my sealegs back. Have been crashing for 3 weeks - big time. Will see my MD tomorrow and may be able to give you some insight after.

Hang in there. I struggle with headaches, intestinal stuff, numbness, weight loss, neck pain, nausea, anxiety & terrible insomnia these days. Am holding on for now, without meds.

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pop, I will tell you this re Babesiosis & relapse-

The Red Cross will let you donate blood if you have had Lyme and are not symptomatic and have been well for various times (a year?) I forget-

Babesiosis is a LIFETIME EXCLUSION from blood donation- if you have had Babesiosis, that's it. No longer welcome! It is a huge problem (Babs) in the blood supply because asymptomatic donors can pass it on...

So yes, I would think you may have pegged it right- it sounds like babs- I'd see your LLMD
asap-
Best wishes,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
p.s.http://www.redcross.org/services/biomed/0,1082,0_557_,00.html

Infections
If you have a fever or an active infection, wait until the infection has resolved completely before donating blood.

Wait until finished taking antibiotics for an infection (bacterial or viral). Wait until 7 days after an antibiotic injection for an infection.

Those who have had infections with Chagas Disease or babesiosis are not eligible to donate.

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are also symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and some of them sound more like that than babs (hypervigilence, inability to sleep). Any nightmares? Flashbacks? Intrusive thoughts about the traumatic event? If yes, sounds like PTSD.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POP

Get some Tonic Water at the store--
By the booze mixers -liquor stores -

Get the Diet kind -
Cheap 50 cents a liter

It has a small amount of Quinine in it
and it Defiantly helped me alot -

I drink 1 to 3 liters a day
when babs flairs up -

A Lot of people on LN drink it--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its very common to relapse from lyme or any coinfection for any reason including stress or a tramautic experience... even being in a car accident.

So is it possible? Yes. I eventually relapsed due to stress, and we're talking in massive doses.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Groovy 2,

I saw your interesting post on tonic water. I was just thinking the same thing last week. We were having company (they drink, I don't) and I was looking at seltzer water and tonic water, and trying to tell the difference, if any. I saw quinine, and I thought if this would be helpful for my Lyme (diagnosed) and possible Babs?? (undiagnosed)

I think I'm going to try it, although diet soda is a no no, I think. I don't think the regular has too much sugar in it??

Thanks for the tip.

CherylSue

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement