LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Blurry vision

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blurry vision
pepper8
Member # 13660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pepper8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got Lyme in August as far as I know. I was on Doxy for about 7 weeks, then off treatment for 1 week, then on Tetracycline for 3 weeks. I had an allergic reaction (hives, fingernail separation) from the tetracycline so now I'm off medicine again until my next appt. the day before Thanksgiving. I got off the tetra last Tues and starting this past Sat I've noticed blurry vision and lots of headaches because of straining to see. I had vision exam a few weeks ago, so I know my eyes are technically fine. I was wondering other people had this vision problem and what they did to fix it. Thanks
Posts: 55 | From Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My eyes blurred off & on for over two years also my hearing would get really bad- finally went away with IV rocephin and my floaters all went too*)!*)!)!!! I am glad you have eye exam but can't hurt to call eye doc and ask if you should come in again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't want to mess aorund with vision!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. B from PA has a video with a woman who got treated for lyme & lost her hearing aid AND got lower glasses prescription after tx!!! Makes oyu wonder how many things peopple assign to age are actually part of an infectious process*)(!!!

Anyway, nice to have you
on the board, Pepper-
Best wishes,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Visual Afterimage Man
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Visual Afterimage Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vision problems are my main complaint.

Blurry vision is an every day problem for me. It has improved a bit over the last year with treatment, but it's slow to go away.

It is also directly related to how tired I feel. There is no quick fix, so hang in there.

--------------------
26 months of treatment. And counting.......

Posts: 298 | From Northeast Kansas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onthemend
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onthemend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pepper, same as previous two posts. I've been taking doxy since Feb and some vision problems (vertical double/grayed out) have improved somewhat while others (blurry, poor acuity) are not much better.

I did see a neuro optho, as well as my regular doctor, and of course - as usual with Lyme - nothing is wrong!!!!

I think it will continue to get better with treatment - as Cali Lyme notes above.

Good Luck!

otm

Posts: 314 | From east coast | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am drinking Ultra mangosteen juice daily, which is keeping all eye symptoms away -- floaters, eye muscle pain, light sensitivity and blurry focus. And it worked immediately, within the first hour, to 24 hours of starting to drink it.

It's an anti-inflammatory juice. There are lots of mangosteen brands out there in stores, online and sold multi-level(Xango, the strongest) The one I drink, Ultra, has 70 minerals added to it from the Utah seabeds. If you try it, drink a lot of water too.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatpianka
Member # 12244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatpianka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have blurry vision, too. I find that concentrating on things that are close to me helps. My blurry vision mostly affects my ability to see far away.

I also find that when I herx the vision is worse than normal. When I'm not herxing, I barely have any vision problems.

Posts: 97 | From Clinton, CT | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first got ill, I had blurry vision on and off throughout the day. At first I never thought much of it... I just thought I had something in my eyes. It continued to happen but it was not that bad of a symptom for me, so as soon as I started treatment it disappeared rather quickly.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notkrazybrian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notkrazybrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i get blurry vision daily, it has got alittle better since starting treatment. vision complaints are on my top complaints as well. hang in there, they will improve. brian
Posts: 217 | From Everywhere | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pepper8,

Could the blurry vision be from neurotoxin/biotoxin illness? It's a pretty common symptom of infections like LD and also other toxins like mold, heavy metals, etc.

http://www.biotoxin.info/

and the original website

http://www.chronicneurotoxins.com/

There is an online vision test people can take for under $10 that will indicate whether biotoxins might be a problem in their case.

I've had some problems with blurry vision and difficulty focusing over the years, with *normal* vison, and I sure didn't enjoy it much! Various detoxing agents like chlorella and cholestyramine seem to have helped me, along with sauna, glutathione and other things for mercury, etc.

Wishing you the best,
Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lahines65
Member # 11027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lahines65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I get sick it always effects my vision. I don't know if this will happen to you, but if I go to the eye doctor during that time (herxing or when I'm feeeling really bad and usually under treatment), I can not use the glasses after I start to feel better. So for me, when I'm sick I go to Walgreens and get the reading glasses that works for me at that particular time. I have four pair of prescription glasses that I cannot wear because when I get better my vision gets better; then I cannot see out of my glasses!

I would never tell anyone not to go to the doctor, but I think eye problems are common for most lyme patients.

Hope your eyes get better soon!

--------------------
Lisa Hines

Posts: 18 | From Orange Park, Florida | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement