LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » discolored, yellowish tongue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: discolored, yellowish tongue
lawnmwrman
Member # 13810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lawnmwrman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been taking doxy for abt 3 months and recently noticed that my tongue is now basically yellow. Could this be a reaction to the doxy?
Posts: 8 | From pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sound like yeast. are you taking pro-biotics?

you need pro-biotics if you are on antibiotics long term. s ome dr's feel if any antibiotics at all.

Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You definitely should be taking probiotics. Yeast is usually white, but food, beverage or medication could change the color.

DOxy does cause tooth discoloration in children, so it's possible it could effect the tongue color.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEAST!!!

You can open an acidolphilus probiotic, pour it on your tongue, and brush your tongue every morning like that- but you should have been taking plenty of probiotics prophylactically~!!!
No time to start like the present- ask your doc for Diflucan to get rid of what's going on and in the future be prophylactic about it- better not to ever get yeast than to have to get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't ignore it, don't panic either!*)!*) Just get rid of it and take care of yourself-

Best wishes,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEAST
ORAL NYSTATIN ORAL METRONIZOLE AT LEAST
2 WEEKS

SCRAPE TONGUE AND BRUSH IT WITH DIFFERENT BRUSH.
DISPOSE OF BRUSH OR BOIL IN HOT WATER WHEN DONE.
DON'T BRUSH TEETH WITH SAME BRUSH

I FOUND THAT I USE A WOMAN;S, BIKINI RAZOR
GILLETE MAKES IT, IT IS ABOUT AN INCH ACCROSS AND YOU CAN ACTUALLY REMOVE ALOT OF THE YEAST WITH THIS OR A TONGUE SCRAPER.

THE MOVE SURFACE YEAST YOU GET OFF THE FASTER THE MEDS WILL WORK.

DOCDAVE

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine turned BLACK on mino, which is like doxy.

Actually, ever since I took mino, my teeth turn greyish purple from the grape juice I drink, and this never happened before.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine turned black too! On amoxicillin.

What helped me:
Switching antibiotics
Tons of probiotics
Daily tongue scraping (with a tongue scraper) plus flossing and swishing hydrogen peroxide and water around in my mouth.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I had thought I'd someday be writing of travel experiences.

Well, different topic, but from experiences in my past:

(for the other posters) Black tongue can be a fungi that is not candida. Often from abx, but a different fungi. Probiotics may help, but may not always be enough. It often will clear with the abx is stopped. MD advice is best.
-

White tongue is often candida, especially if painful, etc. and from abx. Probiotics help, holding some in the mouth for a while before swallowing.
-

Yellow, waxy coating of tongue can mean liver stagnation in Chinese medicine. Cleanse the tongue and mouth. Probiotic or other antifungal measures as well.
=================================

Tongue Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine (TCM)

Yellow Tongue Coat. A slightly yellow coating indicates Wind-Heat or Wind-Cold turning to Wind- ... A yellow tongue coat indicates an interior heat pattern. ...
www.sacredlotus.com/diagnosis/tongue/index.cfm

my note: "heat" in Chinese Medicine can be fever, infection, toxin, etc.
===================================

Be sure there is enough bulk in the diet and make sure bowel movements are regular. That moves stuff from the gallbladder, liver, GI, and down.

Certain herbal formuals from my ND helped clear this up.

Other anti-fungal measures such as candida/lyme diet, nystation or other anti-fungals may be prescribed for all of this stuff.

PROBIOTICS are our life at this point. Milk Thistle may help the liver clear out "heat" toxins and move 'em on down the line, rather than "backing" up in the system. Just a thought.

If you use milk thistle - or antioxidants- check with doctor for timing so that other medicines aren't washed away too soon.

-

[ 15. November 2007, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This brand of mouthwash helped me alot (along with probiotics, Nystatin, etc.) - Nature's Answer PerioCleanse

It's great stuff!

Also, AVOID all sugar & dairy as much as possible.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement