LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » diabetic feet symptoms anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: diabetic feet symptoms anyone?
trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was describing my sensations in my feet to a friend/doc and they said that it really sounded like PN from diabetes. I looked it up on line and sure enough I have just about every symptom of peripheral Nueropathy on the feet caused by diabetes.

anyone else with this? please describe your own symptoms for me.

the website that was easy for me to read and find my symptoms but may not be a great medical website was:

http://nfb.org/Images/nfb/Publications/vod/vodsum0403.htm

muchas gracias!

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, i have diabetes neuropathy in feet. i didn't know it until the nneurologist found this when hooking me up to CURRENT! SHOCKING! HURTING.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
betty--do you have diabetes? I do not.
Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have neuropathy in my feet too, no diabetes. Found a place that does anoheraphy.

After first session, swelling down could stand with much less pain. Insurance is paying for it.

info: http://www.drkaslow.com/html/anodyne.html

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peripheral neuropathy is a common symptom for MANY TBDs- Babs, Bart & Lyme- very VERY common.

My husband has it from diabetes because he ahs diabetes...

I had it from Lyme but it went away with tx*)!*)!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have as noticeable neuropathy, but I definitely have some in my feet. No diabetes. My doctor diagnosed it by using an instrument that vibrates and I tell her when the vibration stops.

I feel it much longer than before treatment. Plus, I know jump when she first touches my foot with it because I feel a tickle in my hip. I didn't at first.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has TBD's and also developed insulin dependent diabetes.

Last winter, she was very close to a dangerous situation with frost bite because of lack of feeling in her feet.

Trails be careful with your blood sugars. You have gone thru so much, you do not need another horrible thing on top of your heap. lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have diabetic neuropathy in my feet (mostly left foot) also. One of my first symptoms. It goes away once in a while, but when I herx it really acts up. I didn't know there was anything that could be done for it. Have to check it out.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy96734
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy96734     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have PN but not diabetes and prior to knowing I had Lyme was driving my MD crazy. They kept testing me for diabetes and MS again and again because they were sure that was causing the PN but it wasn't.

With treatment for Lyme and Babs the PN symptoms have nearly gone away, they are very mild and sporadic now rather than intense and constant when I started.

--------------------
Lucy

Posts: 342 | From Hawaii | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

wow---thanks for all the replies!

I went back and reviewed the symptoms and i dont actually have what they describe, but I do have a sensation of heat ---particularly in my arches. It is not a burning, but just this sensation that my arches might be about 5 degrees hotter than the rest of my feet.

I believe the above might be tied to hormones for me, which of course lyme plays a role in.

Also when I take hot showers I get RED RED RED feet--and they BURN very badly. I think this is some sort of circulation issue.

keeping on,
trails

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have neuropathy.

Worse with excersise, sugar and standing.

This makes getting a menial job impossible.

What i wouldnt give to work like a mexican in McDonnalds. (no offense to mexican-americans please...)

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawnee
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have the same neuropathy. An ER doctor told me it was just like a diabetic neuropathy but was caused by my Lyme.
My whole leg goes functionally numb, yet painful at the same time. A cold yet burning pain in my feet and calves.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement