LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What symptoms are considered Nuero lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What symptoms are considered Nuero lyme?
AZN301
Member # 13427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZN301     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been wondering for the last 6 months what is considerd nuerological symptoms. I am going to list my symptoms and hopefully some of you can tell me if its nuerological in your non-medical opinion.

My 1'st symptom that made me aware there was something wrong was my vision. I would start to see yellow dots or a flash in my periphial mostly in right eye.

I was extremely tired and no matter how much i slept it didnt help.

What brought me to the e.r. was i was driving to the twin cities and came over a hill and seen a flash of light or something. Then my vision went zig zaggy and had a feeling of falling. Like in an elevater when it stops. I pulled over and started crying uncontrollably and couldn't talk for about a minute. It was over as fast as it started.

Stroke Right.

Everything was fine ekg,eeg, catscan, except mri.
Had a small inconsitency on one side of my brain. Could be MS, syphilis,normal or lyme.

Test come back positive Labcorp Elisa and Western Blot for lyme. But the IGG was negative although the IGM was positive.

At this point I dont know how long or what i had.

I didnt realize how bad the brainfog was untill they put me on recephin in hospital while they did the spinal tap.

Spinal tap comes back negative so they give me doxy.

Since then i have a whole list of new symptoms even after another 2 months of doxy.

Dosage Seems a little inadequate according to most of you here but that is all i could get.

Large Joint problems and aches ie elbow knees
Adrenaline rush attacks about every ten minutes.

Still see yellow flash and floaters.

Dizzy Spells

Twitches as i listed on a previous post.

Depression (not in my opinion but you know the story)Easy OUT

And I guess the whole point of me asking this is do you think IV antibiotics are the next step because 2 courses of oral doxy hasnt done much for me. Feel better for awhile but seem to fall back in.

Oh I forget to mention I am cured accoring to my Internal MD. Dont believe me, just ask him.

Posts: 13 | From Granite Falls MN | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any kind of brain stuff would be neuro.

Didn't you say you're on 100mg Doxy per day?? You need at least 400mg to really kick butt.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZN301
Member # 13427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZN301     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It almost makes me sick to look and my spelling. I reread the thing 2 times just to make sure everything was ok

Oh well sorry about the spelling.

Posts: 13 | From Granite Falls MN | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can always edit it by clicking on the pencil/pad icon.

Or you can "preview" the post by clicking on that instead of "submit."

That helps!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesperationIn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesperationIn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes!!! It sounds like neurolyme. Please get yourself to an LLMD who will treat you right away. It sounds like you responded well to IV rocephin since you mentioned you noticed brain fog lift.

Please find a doc right away to get you the correct treatment. You have all the necessary positive tests, neuro symptoms, and even something on your MRI. Maybe you could even find another duck to give you a month of rocephin if you are lucky but an LLMD is the way to go!

-Despin

Posts: 163 | From Cleveland, OH | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm....most research I have read is IV Rocephin is best for neuro issues. I am in my 2nd week of it now, recommend it. Symptoms are still there but some things are starting to move out too. Of course they flared up real good before I noticed any of the moving out LOL

My chest wall pain is all but gone (should I have said this outloud!?!? [Eek!] )

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

sorry to hear what you are going through.

I hope you can see a LLMD. The IgG and IgM are often swiched from what is expected.

a spinal tap should never be decisive if negative for lyme.

In the ILADS treatment guidelines (current, or 2005 or 2002)
it is stated that spinal taps/lumbar punctures for CFS are usually not a good indicator.

www.ilads.org

sorry I can't post the excerpt. my computer is running loud and my brain wants to go fly to the moon to get away from it.

I hope you find what you need. take care.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daise
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AZN301,

The big question is this: How long had you had any signs or symptoms? You've had neuro the last 6 months. What about before that?

The antibiotics and combinations of antibiotics depend on how long Lyme's been working in your body and what your signs and symptoms are. Plus the state your body is in.

After one year it is termed "chronic Lyme disease" and it's a whole different deal.

Flashing lights and zig-zags: please be sure to see a recent post with zig-zag in the title--it's a good post for you. Zig-zags are a migraine with a headache, or migraine and no headache: migraine of the eye.

Flashing lights: did you see an eye doctor right away? That's important. Flashing lights in the eye can mean Lyme or MS or both or natural aging. If it's caused by Lyme, that's neuro.

You do have Lyme disease: you tested positive for it. Period!

Lyme can cause MS. They are indistinguishable on a brain MRI. But steroids prescribed for MS will hurt you, so please don't let a doc do that to you.

Fatigue: could be neuro in the brain or neuro in the GI tract, or both.

Neuro is brain things going on in the central nervous system or peripheral nervous system, but if you haven't had Lyme that long, then the neuro signs and symptoms will get worse without treatment: cognitive, short-term memory, possible headaches, tinnitus, getting lost! Many neuro.

Joints: "Lyme arthritis."

Twitching is definitely neuro Lyme.

I suggest, Coping With Lyme Disease, by Denise Lang, if nothing else, for the neuro information, and the signs and symptoms list. Is it at your library?

Also, see www.ILADS.org, "Treatment Guidelines", Dr. Burrascano's 33 pages of hints for 2005: the signs and symptoms checklist--for all the many neuro problems that can happen and will happen further, without proper treatment, from a Lyme-literate MD (LLMD.)

See recent posts for obtaining an LLMD. You need help with that, for example, a local Lyme Support Group. See the top of this page, far left, "Support Groups."

Hang-in there, OK? And post here again!

Daise [hi]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tutu,
KICK BUTT?
[Big Grin] Are you from Mo or What?
LOL

BJG

Posts: 468 | From IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Nope...from TEXAS. We kick butt there too!!! [lol] [lol]

[PS to those who don't know....I AM in MO...temporary resident here!! BJG knows where I am as we have had the pleasure of meeting each other! [Cool] ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement