LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The motion of the ocean......in my head???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The motion of the ocean......in my head???
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. Thanks for the great flagyl support the other day.

New symptom here. I have never had this before.

I have this sensation of holding a shell to my ears (both same time) and hearing the waves.

Like extra fluid sloshing around in my head. (More spinal fluid equals less brain [Frown] )

I do not have fluid in my ear drums, but I hear the sounds of water in my ears.

I don't know how to describe it any better than that except that at times, it will

Kind of echo all sounds. Like right now, it is echoing the typing on the keyboard.

Weird sensation. [shake]

Can anybody identify with this "motion of the ocean?"

If so, is this part of my herx or am I just stirring things up with flagyl?

My body temp has really dropped down too.

I was a whopping 96.4 in right ear and 97.1 in left.

For some strange reason, my left ear always runs a higher temp. [bonk]

Any comments or suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been calling it swooshing, but yes, I have this symptom. It is only in my right ear, which is ironic, because this all started with left-sided symptoms. I had burst my left eardrum back in 2005, I think it was.

I notice when this happens to me, my tongue is usually white, and even Diflucan did not help this symptom.

I'll say it again though - electromagnetic fields cause yeast to grow extra fast, and I live near powerlines and have measured a higher-than-average magnetic field in this house. A gaussmeter will measure this.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,

I get this, have gotten this in one degree or another with varying shades of impact.

I originally described it as extra volume in my head. It also travels down to my heart. Seems to sort of go up and down my neck like that!

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenin98
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenin98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that. It is in one ear. I have always had a "throddle," like my ear drum was drumming.
Now, after starting abx, mu tinnitus has gotten worse. IT sucks. I am thinking it is toxins getting out. I hope.
I will ask my llmd next week when I see him.
Jenin

Posts: 455 | From Maryland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eliza85
Member # 13630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eliza85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too as far as the drumming drives me nuts at night.

Also with the white tongue I started taking the probiotics (14 billion) and it all hasnt gone completely away but its a LOT easier to deal with.

And the little drummer in my ear doesnt play so much. [spinning smile]

Posts: 33 | From Clearfield, Pa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eliza85
Member # 13630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eliza85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too as far as the drumming drives me nuts at night.

Also with the white tongue I started taking the probiotics (14 billion) and it all hasnt gone completely away but its a LOT easier to deal with.

And the little drummer in my ear doesnt play so much. [spinning smile]

Posts: 33 | From Clearfield, Pa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is it yeast? Or Lyme?

My yeast is mild right now. That is because I cheated a little on Thanksgiving. [Big Grin]

I take diflucan already twice weekly.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be vascular? I often hear swishing sounds in my ears due to blood flow racing to my head.

sorry to hear you have this, it is one annoying symptom.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Dear Savebabe,

Maybe vascular as I can at times hear my heartbeat in my ears.

New ringing at times too.

I'm going to have my RN neighbor take a look see tonight just to be sure there is no fluid.

Hugs,

Geneal

painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it, well,

after I recovered for awhile on antibiotics,

was inflammation.

Though at times it did and still does
feel like water on my brain. Or sometimes, a throbbing, a pounding kind of swelling,

among other things

But since the "volume" went into my heart as well, as extra volume or inflammation,

I think it could be the babesia, still, not sure, not sure I'll ever know.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats one of my worst symptoms.

I used to have it exactly as you described, and I told any doctor that would listen that I could hear the ocean in my head, PARTICULARLY if I bent over, and the pressure that came with it was unrelenting.

After tons of antibiotics, PARTICULARLY bartonella treatment and MEGA yeast treatment, it got tons better, but still persists on the right side of my head.

I have had every test done, MRI, MRA of the head and neck and cartoid arteries, MRA of the inner ear with IAC- you name it, they could find nada.

I'm chalking it up to still being bartonella and still being yeast and lyme.

After getting back on antibiotics, it got tons better.

Word of caution though: doxycycline ALONE can cause this in a healthy individual.

I think its intracranial pressure being elevated from all the bugs, whether it lyme or whatever.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Well, I have this symptom when I am off doxy for the three days I pulse flagyl too.

My ears are clear, clear, clear.

I have been having more babesia symptoms lately.

I think I will just roll over if I have to do that treatment......yet again. [shake]

I have done bartonella treatment, but that was prior to me removing the nymph from my leg,

This past summer. Oh Lyme disease and co-infections.......What a tangled web you weave. [Frown]

Thanks for all the replies. I hate to say it, but there is comfort in knowing

Others have this too.

Hugs,

Geneal

onthemend
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for onthemend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, G, and in addition to the 'ocean' affect, I also get a motorboat 'putt-putting' sound. As another said above, in the right ear, but the rest of my lousy symptoms were predominantly on the left side!
This had gone for me for a loooooong time, and then with my recent backslide, back along with much more ringing. How lucky can you get?????

As everything with me - since I had such lovely perfect health previously - I attribute it to LD only.

otm

Posts: 314 | From east coast | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,

For me, this symptom seems to be from yeast.
I've had it for years, sometimes it would go away, while on antibiotics, but then return.

I've been off of antibiotics for about six months now. When it returns, I do a Diflucan and it goes away.

That's my experience, but you know how it goes. Everybody is different.

When this occurs, I also get a feeling of disequilibrium, weak legs, sometimes a drunk feeling, some confusion and a feeling as if my brain is quivering. I hate that one. It feels as if it's stemming from the middle ear.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal - I have this as well. I always thought of it though as a wooshing or roaring in my head. But it does sound like waves or even like my heart beating in my head.

It's a very uneasy thing. I don't like it at all, but it happens quite often and I'm used to it... though it's never a good feeling.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my, I remember those days. I'm trying to remember exactly when I had that going on. I hated it.

Be back.
Pam

It goes back to the earliest days of my illness. My head was swimming and when I was in a car or on the lake in a pontoon it was horrible.

It stopped and I didn't experience it again until I did flagyl. I felt like a drunk walking down the hallway sometimes. I had to stay close to walls.

[ 29. November 2007, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: map1131 ]

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6480 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Geneal,

I just posted a new thread about vestibular neuritis.

My daughter is having balance problems. Her LLMD said she should see an ENT and get her vestibular system tested by the ENT.

I took her to the ER Saturday night, then to Urgent Care on Tuesday. She had fluid in her ears, but none of the medications have helped. She has an appointment with an ENT and a neurologist Monday.

I am sorry you're dealing with this symptom too.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement