LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Doxy & Mino users - did these meds cause dizziness?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doxy & Mino users - did these meds cause dizziness?
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just need you to tell me if you took Doxy or Mino if it caused dizziness and if you stuck with it, did it subside? Please tell me which you were on that may have caused dizziness.

Thanks!

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MINO for SURE!!! It will pass! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mino did not cause more than a very brief, mild short-lived dizziness for me. I started at a very low dose in early summer, and am working my way up still. That strategy worked well for me to avoid that part of mino side-effects.
Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes....begin slowly. What dosage are you on?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeindunkirk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeindunkirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its the minocycline for sure. Half hour after I took it I started getting very dizzy. Kept taking it like a dummy and couldn't get out of bed in the morning without falling down. Still didn't realize what it was, continued to take that whole day and then finally a light bulb went off and I stopped taking it.

Not everyone however gets dizzy on the mino. My husband took it for nine months without any incidents of being dizzy. Go figure.

Posts: 547 | From Maryland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, dizzy for two weeks on the mino. Then it went away. I started at 200 mg per day.

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
myahbv
Member # 11474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for myahbv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm on 200mg mino right now and having all kinds of crazy things, dizziness, walking and leaning to the left, left arm cramps up and draws up to my chest.....

feels like my brain is going to explode in the back at base of my skull...but i kno its killing them lil $^%*#$#(()%^^% that are having a party in there so i try and make it and not back off...

this is my 2nd week on it and trying to tough it out and go to work everyday....its not easy by no means...went to er with severe neck and back of head pain and told them i can't have steriods

dr. said ok well i'm going to give you a pain shot Amy and this will help, so guess what it was STERIOD! didn't sleep all nite, got up and left side of face was red and swollen up...asked the er dr why he gave me that when i told him i can't have steriod

he said it wasn't enough to hurt with my Lyme...but yet my face looks like i've been hit and i walked to the left all nite and can't sleep..maybe nothing to do with shot but icant help but think that...needless to say i won't go back to that er again...sorry to take over your post..haha pm me with any questions about mino, and i will give you my experience with it....good luck

Posts: 33 | From kentucky | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting - my LLMD likes Mino better, but warned 33% will get dizziness. Scary, I am prone to vertigo. I just hope I am in the 66% it doesn' make dizzy.

Amy (you didn' over post) I am so glad you knew well enough to warn the ER Md about steroids. That is unreal he ignored you! You need to report him to the head of the hospital, I am serious.

Steroids are what nearly killed me before I knew I had LD. I try to warn everyone with LD no steroids!

That upsets me, please report him to his superiors!

I have learned to say "I am allergic to all corticosteroids".

--------------------

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I would definitely report him, Amy! If you have serious and long-lasting effects of that shot, you will then have some recourse!!

Hope you feel better soon. Strong herxing is not worth a trip to the hospital ER. So back off if you have to.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymebytes
Member # 11830

Interestingly women are more susceptible to the dizzy issue. Introducing it slowly helps the inner ear (vestibular) adjust.

Well I have two choices tear up my stomach with doxy or spin on mino.....which is better or worse?

Help!!

--------------------

ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure and report that MD for giving you steroids after you told him not to!!! That is complete arrogance on his part. Not to mention he could have caused damage to you. Dang Ducks anyway, think they know it all and do what they darn well please.

Just makes me hopping mad...........and I don't hop much either!!!!

Hugs,

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

See Amy 3 of us agree! How are you? This can increase your symptoms and make it very hard. I feel so bad this happened to you...please do report this idiot.

The dumb duck who shot me up with steroids later said "No possible way could that disseminate anything" Yeah, it awakened 4 dormant viruses and spread my LD body wide! Please, if you read this, let us know how you are doing!

--------------------

dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Amy you described exactly the headache I had for 2 weeks that would come and go and not respond to painkillers while on Doxy....back of head and neck was bad, and sometimes moved to other places in head....would ease then return regardless of painkillers.
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no not for me

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement