LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Silver to treat Lyme??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silver to treat Lyme??
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.americanbiotechlabs.com/index.html

I have received this info from a health care professional.

Can you help jog my memory. I know I have been down this path before but can't recall what to tell her that I found out about it.

Thanks.

I am sure if it helped most of us we would know about it.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried colloidal silver & nano silver. Some people are concerned with nano particles & what the long term effects may be.

It didn't seem to help me much.

I think if it really did cure Lyme we would have heard about it.

I think some people use it for maintenance after going through their treatment of either herbs or abx.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Sparkle
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I knew what was wrong I took colloidal silver for a couple months. It didn't do much .... not that it didn't do anything, but I think there are better natural protocols out there.

I actually had good luck with colloidal silver and other bacterial infections though.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am optimistic that Mesosilver and ACS 200 could be very helpful for those of us with chronic infections. I have not in the past been very excited about the use of silver products, but these two have my attention.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

a bit jumbled here, but some thoughts, some experiences.

Source Naturals Colloidial Silver kept me out of wheelchair about 9 years ago, 1 yr. after the lyme trio + dx. I think one bottle lasted about a week or 10 days and I went through 3-5 bottles.

at that time, I was falling about 40 x a day, some seizures, mostly weakness and severe fatigue.

Abx lyme protocol then was not (still not) an option (no LLMD here) . I was also being treated with some herbal formulas. But the silver was far superior for a while. I could not afford to continue and it seemed to have less effect over time, but I never had to buy that wheelchair that was looming.

I have tried other silver products, one was Mild Silver Protein. I have had horrible reaction to that, but if I did just one drop in a cup of water, it was okay. ONE DROP. However, I do have porphyria so my liver C P-450 detox pathway does not easily take out metals. And silver is a metal. Soooo.

One my concerns is that the detox pathyway for heavy metals is pushed with most of us, so if you want to try silver for its wonderful antimicobial actions, consult with a doctor who knows all this stuff and the sources of the silver options.

You might need extra liver support . . . and timing of the sliver may be important. For someone with any sort of porphyria, expert care needed as metals can trigger porphyria attacks.

There are many types out there. Some say you can make your own. I got a kit but cannot find distilled water anywhere that was NOT in a plastic bottle. I will not use water from a plastic bottle, especially for medicine.

I think silver has some fantastic advantaqes and I think it can be safer on the liver than some abx. Still, expert advice helps.

The grey skin trouble from the past was from a bad formula and from overdosing. A very good formula in a small amount can still hold promise, I think. Yet, some doctors think it can be toxic and not easily eliminated from the body.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Good feedback. thank you.

I did try and do a search but have yet to be successful on this web site for searches...even searches for things I know are there but can't find.

I am concerned about the heavy metal factor.

I have not eliminated heavy metals from the body yet.

And I do plan on discussing it with my LLMD during our next phone consult.

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't make sense that if it works you would relapse so quickly.

I know someone who was pushing a new silver that is even smaller than nano, called angstrom.

She swears it has made her perfect.

She wasn't sick to begin with.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommy*of*3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommy*of*3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are using silver. Our LLMD recommended it. Seems to help the abx work better, plus it helps to keep yeast in check. So far, I'm liking it. I know there are lots of different kinds. We are the using the specific silver he recommended.

ETa - Just checked you link. That is the exact stuff we are using. The lady we buy it from is only using that product along with out neutricueticals to treat her lyme. She cannot use ABX, and even so she is still improving - slowly but surely.

Posts: 101 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prevenge
Member # 13152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for prevenge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mommy*of*3:
We are using silver. Our LLMD recommended it. Seems to help the abx work better, plus it helps to keep yeast in check. So far, I'm liking it. I know there are lots of different kinds. We are the using the specific silver he recommended.

ETa - Just checked you link. That is the exact stuff we are using. The lady we buy it from is only using that product along with out neutricueticals to treat her lyme. She cannot use ABX, and even so she is still improving - slowly but surely.

the American Biotech Labs ASAP solution has shown in proven peer reviewed studies and Congresional Awards, Homeland security mentions.. etc..

kills MRSA . (abx resistant staph) .. HIV .. anthrax.. west nile .. bird flu ..and many tested microorganisms.. in a matter of seconds.

would be a far reach to think that the Lyme spirochete would be resistant to this. Especially if conducted at a high concentration. ...

If i get a cold.. ASAP kills it on the spot .. sore throat.. forgetabout it..

I have lymes and morgellons.. and i'm saving up for enough ASAP solution to endure a 3 week "vacation" of destroying this from my system.. with plenty of exersise that is.

Posts: 3 | From winston-salem, nc | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommy*of*3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommy*of*3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prevenge:
quote:
Originally posted by Mommy*of*3:

the American Biotech Labs ASAP solution has shown in proven peer reviewed studies and Congresional Awards, Homeland security mentions.. etc..

kills MRSA . (abx resistant staph) .. HIV .. anthrax.. west nile .. bird flu ..and many tested microorganisms.. in a matter of seconds.

would be a far reach to think that the Lyme spirochete would be resistant to this. Especially if conducted at a high concentration. ...

If i get a cold.. ASAP kills it on the spot .. sore throat.. forgetabout it..

I have lymes and morgellons.. and i'm saving up for enough ASAP solution to endure a 3 week "vacation" of destroying this from my system.. with plenty of exersise that is.

We're just using the Silver Biotics, not the ASAP. The Silver Biotics is the least expensive treatment we have. I have no idea how much the ASAP is. You might check out the less expensive Silver Biotics and start on that. This stuff will make you herx, even on a small dose. So starting slow is a good idea anyway. Our first few week on it was pretty interesting.
Posts: 101 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did several months on nano silver with some improvement, but no cure for Lyme. I did herx from the silver the same way I herxed before from abx.
The more silver I took the stronger herxes I experienced. After a few months I didn't experience any herxes.

You may want to know that in spite of high silver doses I didn't become blue or anything.

My prostatitis has been gone from nano silver. I am glad because it was a pesky pain. It has been already more than 6 months so it seems that it was a permanent improvement. Other symptoms has crawled back at me and at present I test other treatment options.
May come back to silver again if need to.

[ 05. December 2007, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Areneli ]

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kam,

We began treating Lyme with silver this past July after my son relapsed back 2 years worth of treatment after having his wisdom teeth removed while still on abx.

Silver has been a miracle for our family! My son is a changed young man. He is alive and fully functioning for the first time in many years. He is doing fabulously academically and athletically. He has many friends now, both is peers and adults.

All the rest of our family switched to the silver protocal with equally good success. My LLMD neurologist is delighted.

Other families with lyme that had been taking oral and IV abx switched to silver based on seeing the healing in my family and are also healing.

We are using privately made nano silver and gold. We are also following health rebuilding and liver/ kidney detox nutritional protocal.

I only come to lymenet now occasionally because I'm getting better and better , and I'm working part- time and busy.

We started with the silver treatments in July. While I think it still takes a long time to get fully rid of chronic lyme, I now think that eventually it is possible. Time will tell.

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/12/19/haagenson.blue.man.kfsn
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My naturopathic doctor and herbalist both want me to take the nano silver but I'm concerned about the possible heavy metal implications.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just fyi I was approached on the phone and then through mail by a colloidal silver company who wanted me to pretend it had helped me on here, on the InterNet, in the LYME community- and TO MY SUPPORT GROUP!! That was as of a year ago. The "president" of the company flattered me and tried to entice me into doing it. He said it would be "mutually profitable" and that I could make some "real" money. I said no. Just fyi, those people are out there willing to use people on here to market things FOR them. Be careful- not just with silver- but with everything- JUST because someone says something is good on here does not even mean they have even tried it. Don't just take someones word on it- mine included (if I suddenly start swearing silver saved me, you'll know they got to me*)!!
Sincerely,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
p.s. But I DO believe silver helps SOME people- like my tenant V, WIlly Burgdorfer and if I remember right it helped Maddog from here!!!
And Acheys son- she just wrote it here and I believe her!! I do think it does help some people-

--------------------
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to add this link on here. I know nothing about CS but this is enough for me!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4028009

[Eek!]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Very interesting video. It makes a few assumptions, however.

Clearly, he made his own. Not all silver does this. However that is why a good quality from a good source is important. I think it's possible to make one's one, but this is to be researched very carefully. The source of water used is of great importance, too.

We also don't know what else he may have in his diet, etc. There may be interactions still to be uncovered.

About ten years ago, by phone, I talked to Willy Burgdorfer, Ph.D. - the researcher who discovered the borrelia strain - I told him that I had no access to the abx but had positive tests and severe symptoms. He advised silver over abx, clearly (when I asked: "well, what do you think you'd do?").

As I stated above, Source Naturals Colloidal Silver kept me out of a wheelchair. It has to do with the type and how each individual can process it.

- He should get genetic testing as while this may be from the particular type of silver solution he made it could be a genetic enzyme defect seen in a particular family from Kentucky. He may have ancestors with that.

His reddish hair makes me wonder - as the Blue People of Kentucky all had red hair, too.

National Geographic had an article on this many years ago.

The Blue people of Kentucky did not take silver, however, they were born with blue skin due to a genetic trait.
They seemed to be much bluer than the greyish skin from bad silver experiences - or from individual problems metabolizing/eliminating it (which I tend to connect).

Until the guy who just moved to Calif. gets genetic testing for the "blue gene" it cannot be assumed that the silver was the sole cause. If he has the gene the silver may have triggered a latent genetic trait.

Careful testing of his water source and examination of his diet and other environmental exposures should also be of consideration.

Edited to add:

Also - it would be of great help for scientists to research the differences in silver for safety's sake. What are all the differences in that taken by those whose skin has turned grey or blue? However, with the pharmaceutical companies scampering for business any valuable education in silver will probably not be undertaken. It could be research that could save lives as, IMO, I think silver could hold great promise.

We have to realize that the FDA must have clear studies, etc. and that no supplement can make any health claims. The FDA even has stomped out some of the allicin research - even with tons of medical articles from all over the world.

-

[ 20. December 2007, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

www.kirchersociety.org/blog/?p=801

Sometime around 1820, a French orphan named Martin Fugate, carrier of an incredibly rare recessive gene for a disease known as hereditary methemoglobinemia, settled on the banks of Troublesome Creek in Eastern Kentucky and married Elizabeth Smith, carrier of the same incredibly rare recessive gene.

It was a remarkable coincidence with a bizarre result: Four of the seven Fugate children were born with bright blue skin that lasted their entire lives. (According to legend, and the image above, Martin Fugate himself had blue skin).

The reason for this strange skin disorder was only discovered a century later when it was realized that due to an enzyme deficiency, the Fugates' blood had a diminished oxygen-carrying capacity. Over the years, the Fugates interbred repeatedly.

Blue people proliferated. Six generations later, according to a Science article published in 1982, there were still Blue Fugates roaming the hills of Eastern Kentucky.

-

And . . . Kentucky would not be the only place, but just a start if one is to study this further. An incredibly rare recessive gene - hmmm.

-

[ 20. December 2007, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Just fyi I was approached on the phone and then through mail by a colloidal silver company who wanted me to pretend it had helped me on here, on the InterNet, in the LYME community- and TO MY SUPPORT GROUP!!
That's awful! Perhaps you can tell us the name of the company so that we can avoid their product since they are clearly not to be trusted.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I'm a bit suspect of many of these companies that make huge claims about their products.

Whether some product kills something in a lab - it's very different in a human body.

I've heard alot of claims for AliMax, a garlic supplement, too.

I wouldn't trust these claims & the thing is - is that to try these products it's very expensive since they can cost $50 + for a bottle.

With the internet - these companies can become very rich.

Many people are ill or are afraid of becoming ill - so, they put alot of faith in these products based on a few studies or what some radio personality is touting.

There is really no extensive testing of many of these natropathic remedies.

Colloidal silver may be good to treat viruses but it didn't really seem to do much for me.

You would think that at least it would get rid of candida.

I had some thrush & I had some nano silver & sprayed it in my mouth for a few days - it did absolutely nothing.

I also was taking a strong dose of the AliMax for about 1 month & it did not prevent me from getting the flu (as they claim it's supposed to do).

It very sad that the industry that was supposed to be "alternative" has become just as corrupt as the drug companies are.

Buyers be aware!

Spirochetes are not viruses.

Some people feeling better after using CS may just be feeling better due to coincidence or some other remedy/vitamin/supplement or the weather or who knows.

You really need full blown double blind studies with a significant amounts of people to see if something actually works.

Not just a few people saying they feel better or that the substance did something in a petri dish.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Also- the thing with garlic is that the chemical compounds become null if they are exposed to air.

So, garlic may be wonderful in the few minutes the chemical components are volatile but it quickly loses it's potency in a few minutes.

Some companies may claim they have certain patented processes but who knows if the supplement is still viable after sitting on the shelf at a store for several months to years...

Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only I didn't benefit financially.

I had to pay for my nano-silver. [Frown]

Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Not to get off the subject but double blind studies are not the be all/end all. Many are financed by parties that have a conflict of interest and results that are contrary to their interest are often suppressed.

I think garlic is pretty well proven. It was amazing for my yeast infection. It has been used for a very long time and many people find it effective.

Colloidal silver is an anti-bacterial as well as anti-viral. As far as using a spray for a few days and expecting to get rid of a yeast infection ... you'd be hard pressed to find anything that will get rid of a serious yeast infection in a few days.

Some of the reasons that something may work on one person and not another may have to do with strains of bugs, immune system and all the same variables that affect prescription drugs and their effectiveness.

That said, it does pay to be careful no matter if we are dealing with OTC or prescription.

Terry

zil
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a man interviewed on t.v. who takes colloidal silver and it turned him blue It's called argyria. He was really blue. Liz
Posts: 383 | From Ar | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Just fyi I was approached on the phone and then through mail by a colloidal silver company who wanted me to pretend it had helped me on here
CaliforniaLyme How did they get Ur phone number ?
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: Not to get off the subject but double blind studies are not the be all/end all.

I agree with this but there has to be some evidence that something works for a particular disease. Many of these studies can be flawed for a number of reasons.

It's good to cross-reference the info on everything.

I just hate wasting money on expensive supplements that don't work.

I've tried many, many herbal concoctions for yeast as well as pharmaceuticals.

I worked at an herbal apothacary in NYC, like, 20 years ago.

The best remedy for a vaginal yeast infection (as instructed by the manager there) was a concoction of oils of white thyme, wintergreen & I think it was tea tree (just a drop or 2 of each since they are strong) in a gallon of water with some chloraphyl (like a tbs. or 2).

There may be something I'm forgetting - it was a while ago.

I also tried a tea of chaparral which was good, too.

Golden seal & echinacea also have many uses but it won't cure everything.

And astragulus really helped me alot when I had chronic fatigue syndrome.

So, I'm not adverse to natural remedies.

When I had thrush a few months ago, my doctor gave me a prescription for fluconazole & it cleared it right up.

I used the nano silver since I had it in the house while I was waiting to see him & it didn't do anything.

I'm not discounting these remedies - completely.

It's just that some people get on these "bandwagons" & think that they are going to cure everything with garlic or colloidal silver.

If you are still ill after using CS - then something is wrong with you, mentally, or you are some kind of inferior person.

I've come across people like that. Maybe that's why you have people drinking large amounts of homemade colloidal silver & turning blue.

Both the AliMax & the nano silver just didn't work for me after using them for a month or 2.

I didn't feel they were worth the price.

brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm still alive and there is no way in heck I should be. I had borrelia with chronic strep complications. I'm on a multi Vit, Vitamin D, Garlic and nutrasilver. (A strong ppm silver)

The key to me was getting the right dosage. After awhile the body becomes very efficient at getting rid of the silver. Taking the same amount eventually led to diminished results.

I then started taking ever increasing dosages which worked but my pocket book became strained and once again I was in a bind.

Finally I tried using the the high dose silver via my sinuses rather than orally. The results are immediate and the chronic problems are oh so close to being over. I use a grossan irrigator with warm saline and add enough silver to look like a dark brew of tea. I then hold the solution as long as possible. Maybe 10 minutes or so. I always feel better afterwards.

Good luck and God bless all...oh and RP08!

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Wrotek, I list my phone number as a support group contact in Lyme places all over the Internet!!! I have gotten other commercial calls from people who wanted to sell Lymies things, that was just the most offensive one-

--------------------
-John Ruskin

kam
Member # 3410

copied and pasted this from the lyme blog web site. Sorry the pic did not show.

Idin't think it was a bad shade of blue.

Havne't read the article.

haven't had the brain power to help me figure all of this out...I know there are different kidns of silver and that is a factor.

boingboing.net

by Mark Frauenfelder

Paul Karason of Madera, CA, has argyria, which makes your skin blue. People get it when they use colloidal silver as an antibitoic.

Karason does not believe drinking the potion is what caused his discoloration. He believes it happened because he rubbed it on his face to treat a skin problem. A medical condition called Argyria has been linked to such discoloration since the days when silver solutions were used as antibiotics.
Photo: boingboing.net

Whatever the cause, Karason said it is not easy living life as a blue man.

"I do tend to avoid public places as much as I can," he said.

Karason's girlfriend, Jackie Northrup, said she was surprised at first, but is now used to it.

"The only time now that I really think about it or notice it is if we're out in public and people start staring," she said.

I wrote about argyria in my book, The World's Worst: A Guide To The Most Disgusting Hideous; Inept, And Dangerous People, Places, And Things On Earth. Here's the excerpt:
Weirdest Side Effect From from a Quack Medicine

The best thing you can hope for from taking a quack medicine is that nothing bad happens to you. The worst thing is you die. The weirdest thing is to turn you blue.

In the early part of the 20th century, medicines containing microscopic silver particles were sold as a way to cure infections. They were popular as nose drops. In the grim era before antibiotics, colloidal silver solutions were one of the only ways to treat infections. While it is true that microscopic silver particles have some germ-killing properties, they've since been replaced by much more effective and safer drugs.

Unfortunately, quick-buck hucksters push colloidal silver on the Internet in the same way that traveling medicine-show scam artists sold bogus remedies out of horse-drawn wagons in the 19th century.

They claim that big drug companies and the government have conspired to suppress this miracle drug. They spend a lot of time explaining why their particular version of colloidal silver is the only kind that works. They claim that their colloidal silver nostrums successfully treat acne, AIDS, allergies, appendicitis, arthritis, athleteis foot, bites, bladder infections, blood parasites, boils, bronchitis, burns, cancer, Candidacandida, chronic fatigue syndrome, colitis, dandruff, diabetes, diphtheria, gonorrhea, hay fever, head lice, hepatitis, herpes, impetigo, leprosy, leukemia, Lyme disease, malaria, meningitis, pneumonia, rheumatism, ringworm, scarlet fever, shingles, ulcers, viruses, warts, and yeast infections, among hundreds of other maladies.

The only thing the hucksters don't claim colloidal silver can treat is ...

argyria, an irreversible blue-gray skin condition caused by the ingestion of silver. That's because colloidal silver causes it.

Argyria first shows up under the fingernails and around the mouth and nose, then spreads across the surface of the skin. The skin literally turns into a living photographic plate (some black- and- white photographs contain silver as the photosensitive material) turning the skin dark when exposed to light and the chemicals in the body. Unfortunately, there's no way to unexpose the skin once it takes on the this ghastly, corpse-like color.

Not surprisingly, people who with argyria say their condition draws a lot of unwanted attention. Strangers stare at them, and little children point in astonishment.

In 1996, a woman named Rosemary told a Canadian reporter what it's like to have argyria. In 1953, when she was 11 years old, her doctor prescribed colloidal silver nose drops for her colds. At the age of 14, a pharmacist looked at her one day and said, Why are you that color? Soon after, it became obvious to everyone that she Rosemary was ash gray colored. She stopped taking the drops, but the condition clear up.

For the rest of her life, insensitive idiots all over the world have confronted her in public: "In Spain, people on the street would yell at me that I was a terrible color," she told the reporter. "I speak Spanish and I learned to yell back. In Germany, people would bluntly ask what was wrong with my face." Seeking a solution, Rosemary underwent dermabrasion to get rid of the layer of stained skin, but it was only partially successful. Her face is now bluish gray with pink blotches.

As a public service, Rosemary has published a Web site to warn people against taking colloidal silver. On it she writes that the only thing she recommends colloidal silver for is as "a gray skin dye -- it is safe, effective, and permanent when used for that purpose."

Rosemary's website: http://www.together.net/~rjstan/

brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Propaganda trash. The hospitals in Africa are treating Malaria, TB and other infections with colloidal silver. Our congress is well aware of this fact.

The push to ban CS has already started in Texas.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=39733

What the FDA is doing and what the public thinks it is doing are as different as night and day."

- Dr. Herbert Ley, Former U.S. FDA Commissioner

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....Back around 1999 when this site was in a format only a few of you would recognize, a group of us including Maddog, Sylvie in France, and myself among others were brewing and ingesting silver at a great rate.

We had silver wires, batteries, potientiometers, beakers, all kinds of water with and without added electrolytes.....looked like an alchemy lab or something around here.

I cooked up mixtures that ranged from looking like mud to pretty sparkly light yellow colors. They were real good at silver plating the inside of the glass containers that stored them.

Unfortunately they did very little else and I bet I drank five gallons of the stuff. I'm thinking silver is of use topically but not effective if taken internally.

JMO

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Seriously...are any of the people who slight CS bothered in the least that NOTHING has been done to prove or disprove whether it works? Dr. Burgdorfer stated over ten years ago mild silver protein worked in vitro on borrelia and in vivo trials were about to begin? Where are the results? If he stopped his research...WHY?. I would think a rational person would be sickened by this fact.
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

It has to do with the SOURCE OF WATER USED FOR THE SILVER.

If the water source is accurate, no problem.

Glutathione must also be at good levels for the liver to work well.

-

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 4 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only giving my personal anecdotal experience....period.

and in vitro you're pretty much applying the silver topically to the Bb. In vivo it's anybody's guess how to get it there.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

It was not your post that irritated me. That said...the question wasn't whether or not it worked.
mimi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK guys please somebody explain this to me. I took CS the good stuff mostly by good stuff I mean expensive for several years before I knew what was wrong with me to survive. I want to detoxify but am scared if I have the metal in me that it will come up to the surface. But I have read this thread and I have had blue under my nails for about three years now but that is all and nobody knows why. How long would it take for the CS to turn somebody gray/blue? I took alot of it from 1998-2004. But not since then. Is there anything that will bind with it to remove it safely?
Thanks
mimi

Posts: 343 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That picture of the blue guy is too uniformly blue to be taken remotely seriously.

I think blue under the nails is a different thing but I don't remember what it is...(anybody help?)

I wouldn't get unduly agitated over having taken CS awhile back, but somebody will undoubtedly come along to sell you some expensive decontaminant. Buyer beware.

Charlie

mimi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Charlie, yes it does scare me because I took it without knowing anything about the skin thing. The nails have been this way for at least three years. Thanks for your support.
I hope I am just worrying to much as usual.
Thank you
mimi

Posts: 343 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

I think you're getting worried over nothing but this is the supposed cure for argyria. Forgot where I got this but it seams reasonable. Start slowly with the vitamin E.

3 Vitamin E 1000 mg 100% Natural d-alpha Tocopheryl (This is high dosage so you may want to cut this to 1 vitamin)
1 Selenium 100mcg yeast free
2 vegetarian Vitamin C 1000 mg
1 teaspoon MSM organic
1 super potency Vitamin B 100,
1 teaspoon of Kelp powder:

Taken every morning with 2 16oz glasses of water, with close to 3/4 of a gallon drinking water a day.

mimi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6680

Thanks Brentb, I can honestly say that the CS really saved me then but I hope it doesn't haunt me now. I will try the "recipe" thank you so much
mimi

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement