LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » So does the IDSA discourage early treatment an adequate dose of doxy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So does the IDSA discourage early treatment an adequate dose of doxy
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cause I only got 200 mg/ day after I was bitten

[ 11. December 2007, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: adamm ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda hard to understand your question, Adam.

Their practices certainly don't do much to stop lyme unless you're very lucky.

Depending which IDSA duck you "luck" into, here's some of their hurdles, most of which are hooey:

1. Been bitten? So what. Wait for symptoms.
2. Got a rash? So what. Could be just an allergic reaction to the tick saliva. Doesn't look "classic" enough for me.
3. Sorry - your area isn't "endemic" enough.
4. Wrong kind of tick; can't be lyme (like a doctor is an entomologist -- hah!!!)
5. Here's 200mg a day of doxy for 10 days (not enough). After that, it's "post lyme syndrome."
6. Co-infections? What's that?
7. Co-infections? Those are rare. We don't test for those.
8. Here's one doxy as a preventative. Have a great day. You'll be fine.
9. Your ELISA is negative. You couldn't possibly have lyme.

I'm not making any of these up. They're all derived from actual statements made to patients and/or past or present Guidelines of the IDSA... The Idiot Doctor Society of America.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walnut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people do fully recover by following the IDSA recommendations. Maybe even the majority of people with early Lyme disease. The problem is that 20%? or 40% do not, and go on to develop a serious persistent infection.

Increasing the dosage of doxy and the duration of treatment, the failure rate could be reduced, sparing many people years of suffering.

Posts: 187 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Walnut:
Increasing the dosage of doxy and the duration of treatment, the failure rate could be reduced, sparing many people years of suffering.

Absolutely! A few simple changes would save so many from so much misery!!

The IDSA is either aware of the inadequate dosage and doesn't care, or they are VERY IGNORANT!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, this is the strongest evidence of a

conspiracy to propagate this disease.

What else could their motivation for doing this possibly

be? Seriously--can anyone think of another explanation?

By the way...I THINK I read somewhere that the Clintons are

Bilderbergers. If this is the case, I'm not sure how worked up I'd

get about Dodd's Lyme bill.

Anyone with a less sinister explanation... please post!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Clintons (both) are Bilderbergers, as is Bush. My husband is totally into this stuff. At first I pooh-poohed it, but now I'm not so sure. Watch "America's Ruling Class" for some interesting info.

I think it's a question of mis-education of docs. My GP, for example, who was my first stop, was completely uneducated with regards to Lyme. They just aren't taught about it. She is very concerned and wanted to help, but it honestly just didn't cross her mind to test me for it, much less treat me for it. When I went back a year ago and told her she was shocked.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement