LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bio-Cranial Therapy......You need to try it!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bio-Cranial Therapy......You need to try it!!!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is WOW!!!

I had my first treatment today and it was incredible. I'll be back Tuesday to tell you more about it. [yes, I know... it's already Tuesday!! [Wink] ]

Anyway...gotta get to bed.

You late nighters can check this out!!

http://biocranial.com/Patients/

[ 18. December 2007, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good. Is it different than cranial sacral massage?

Lymphatic drainage is very relaxing but all this stuff is so expensive...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sparkle7:
Sounds good. Is it different than cranial sacral massage?

VERY VERY different. I'll be back later. Short on time right now.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OK... This practicioner is a chiropracter who does very little true chiropractic now. He does mostly Bio Cranial.

He tested me all over the body on muscle strength. For example, he had me stand and then he pushed against me on my right hip, toward the left hip.

I lost my balance because my left side is very weak. Right side was better.

Checked my hips as far as one being higher than the other, etc.

Had me lie down and he said immediately.... Look at your legs. They were WAY off to the left...not straight down the table.

Later laid down on my stomach....same thing...legs way off to the left side!!

Did all kinds of checking like this for about 20 min.

Then did the therapy. He had me lie down, then put his right hand on my right shoulder and his left hand on the upper part of the back of my head.

Then STRONGLY pushed them apart and down. Feels like you can't breathe and that if he doesn't let up soon, you'll die! [Well, maybe not THAT bad!! [Big Grin] ]

...But just a very intense thing.

Then does the other side. When he lets go, there is an immediate feeling of exhaustion like YOU were doing all the work!

The cool thing is that when he retested me, I had improved in nearly every single area .. quite dramatically!

I could feel more circulation on my left side and the bones in my sinuses actually popped!

That was my main goal...Getting the sinuses to open and DRAIN!

I go for another treatment tomorrow and can't wait!!!

You guys need to go to the bio cranial site and see if you can find a practitioner near you. I'm sure you would benefit in ways you can't imagine!!

I think it would be REALLY good for neuro stuff....but like I said, the all-over effect was incredible for me!

I'll report back tomorrow!!

[PS..I am slightly sore in my neck, head....but not bad. Felt really good this morning when I woke up!!]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad to hear that you found something that is helping. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to hearing that you are doing much better!!

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm am soooooooo happy that you found someone to help you. I hope and pray that the need for another surgery goes away. Far away.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

The session today was MUCH easier on me. The feeling of "I'm gonna die if he doesn't let go" changed to "This is strong, but OK!"

I could HEAR the cranial bones crackling. Very weird!

And get this....When I got up on the table and laid down, my legs were STRAIGHT! That was corrected with one treatment!

No popping of the facial bones today. I had hoped this might open my sinuses, but I don't think it has .. and may not.

However, I'm so glad I found this guy and wish I had found him years ago!! He said he's been doing cranial work for 30 yrs and bio-cranial for 12.

He also put me on a NO GRAIN diet, no sugar and no dairy. I was already on the no sugar [except when I cheat [Wink] ] and no gluten, very rarely any dairy.

The no grain includes rice or any other flour. I'm gonna starve!

I will comply to the best of my ability! It may help me prepare for surgery if I have to have it. UGH...

Find a practitioner near you!!!!

www.biocranial.com

Read this!!

http://www.co-cure.org/husband.htm

This gentleman explains how his wife was "cured" of fibromyalgia with bio-cranial. He describes the bio-cranial treatment VERY well!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Here is a portion of what the man wrote:

"WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE?

Dr. Marmorstein travels the country teaching Doctors this technique. After the preliminary evaluation, I watched Jackie go through the technique which in short comes down to this. Jackie laid flat on her back on a narrow padded table that was lowered to about 2 feet from the ground with Dr. Marmorstein standing behind her head.

Based on the structure of Jackie's skull, he positioned the fingers of his right hand onto a certain position at the base of her skull.

With his right hand in place and while standing behind her, he put his left hand down on top of her shoulder (firmly pinning it against the table).

With his left hand now holding her left shoulder down to the table, and with the right hand behind her skull, he then brought her head forward some and placed his chin on top of her head.

He then proceeded to very slowly and gradually push Jackie's head further and further forward (chin towards the chest) while simultaneously and gently twisting her head towards the right.

With his chin gently on top of her head, he was able to sense how hard he could push the head comfortably forward.

After about 60 seconds, Jackie's head was pushed forward and in a somewhat awkward looking forward and twisted position.

He then gently released her from this ``stretch'' and let her lay her head flat again for about a minute in a relaxed position. He then switched hands and did the same exacting technique pushing her head forward and twisting it to the left.

As this is a new technique that is just beginning to get recognition, Dr. Marmorstein does not take insurance directly (however he will give you the paperwork you need to file for reimbursement).

The cost for the first visit $130.00 for the evaluation and the first treatment. He explained that subsequent visits would be $65.00 per treatment.

Before leaving, Dr. Marmorstein says, ``I'm sure that you will begin feeling some relief by tonight...see you next week.'' I'm thinking to myself, ``That's a bunch of crap. I just wasted $130.00!'' (of course never saying anything to Jackie).

When we got in the car, I asked Jackie how she felt. She said that the technique was a little uncomfortable at first but got better as he went along.

She said that she felt ``disoriented'' and ``lightheaded'' which we both thought strange. We arrived home right around lunchtime.

RELIEF FOUND!

Now as a reminder, Jackie was taking 8 Lortab (pain) pills per day, tranquilizers, Neurontin, anti-depressants, etc. She took a dose of this cocktail that morning before going for this treatment.

After the treatment and into the afternoon, she was abnormally quiet and still. She appeared to be a little ``out of sorts'' and quietly watched TV. At about 5:30PM, she looked at me and said:

``I don't want to jinx this.... and I'm almost afraid to say it...but I don't have any pain!''

I damn near fell out of my chair! She was so happy that her pain was ``gone,'' she started to cry (and so did I).

She told me that even though her next dose of medication was due shortly after lunch she didn't take any medication.

It was now 5:30PM, she had no pain and now she was afraid to move out of her chair out of fear that the pain would come back. She hated to even go to the bathroom for fear of jeopardizing her relief!!

At about 7:30PM, she looked at me and said...''Hon, I'm so sleepy. I'm going to bed.'' To bed?

Hell, she had not been able to sleep in the bed for 8 weeks! (remember, she was sleeping in her recliner only a couple of hours per night for the last 2 months).

She crawled into bed, rolled over on her LEFT Shoulder (the one that hurt so much she couldn't hardly touch it), and immediately fell asleep.

I slept fairly light that evening, and she did not appear to move much if any at all in the night.

She woke up at 11:00AM the next morning (that is 15 1/2 hours of sleep)! She said that she had not slept that well in years. She described a ``soreness'' in her neck and upper back, but not much more than that.

Not knowing what to say and being it was Saturday, and I asked her what she wanted to do that day. She said...''Let's go out and eat lunch, and then maybe we can go shopping.''

SHOPPING? Hell, for the last 8 weeks, and just yesterday, she had been to the toilet and back to her recliner and that's about all she could do.

Guess what? I dressed as fast as I could, jumped in the car to go eat and to go shopping! This was all really very strange, but then again I wasn't complaining!

The first thing I thought to myself...''maybe that $130.00 wasn't a waste after all!'' We had a wonderful `pain free' weekend.

Early the following week, she had a little pain return just like Dr. Marmorstein had predicted (nothing like it was before) and she went in for another treatment.

Each week the pain-free times got longer and longer, and when the pain returned days later...it was less than the previous week.

In about 2 weeks, she got her feeling back in her fingers (the neurologist projected that her feeling in her fingers would not return for 4-6 months).

Her migraines immediately stopped after her first Bio Cranial Therapy treatment. She had Migraines twice per month over the last 9 years. She has not had one migraine in the 2 months.

Well that was about 2 months ago. Since then she has returned to Dr. Marmorstein an average of 1 visit per week since. The result: I have my wife back!

She hasn't felt this good since before 1995! She now has NO PAIN, she now takes NO MEDICATION and she has NO MIGRAINES!

She is back to the woman I knew and loved 9 years ago. It's amazing how life has changed for us and so quickly over the last 2 months. Since then, we have been very active and we're playing catch-up.

We've done things very quickly like booking a 5 day trip to Jamaica (we hadn't been anywhere like that in years)!

Over the last 2 months, Jackie joined the local fitness club, she is back to working out 5 days per week with weights and has resumed doing aerobics and jogging!

Does this sound too good to be true? It's more than that, it's a miracle! I am so thankful and grateful for this gift. I now go to work each day not worrying about Jackie."
=================

***Read the whole story about what treatments she had gone through before finding Bio-Cranial!!***

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

heiwalove
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds awesome lymetoo! thanks for posting about this. [Smile]

the no-grain thing freaks me out, though. if i were to try that i'd drop to about 2 pounds in no time. i'm assuming they don't recommend that to every patient, though, and it's just an individualized thing?

anyway, so glad you found something that works! if i can find a practitioner near me i just might try it out. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, I think he individualizes his treatments to some extent. He's very into holistic stuff.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds fantastic!

Sounds like your doc incorporates some holistic and chiropractic knowledge in with the bio cranial. What a good find.

FYI, Bio Cranial is different from biodynamic Cranialsacral therapy is different from cranio sacral massage.

If looking for a practitioner, remember that any technique is only as good as the technician.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
july
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for july     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY GOD !!!!! I just went to find a practioner and there is one about 10 minutes away from me. I've actually been to him before when I first got sick.
I can hardley wait to call. [woohoo]

Posts: 111 | From northeast Iowa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

July....Find out how long this practicioner has been doing the technique. I'm very fortunate to have found someone who is actually an instructor for Bio-Cranial.

Let me know how it goes, OK!? [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great that it's helping! So this technique is shifting everything back into place -- cranial bones, mater wrapped around the nerves, and the rest of the body, as it straightens out too?
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you found something to help you tutu.

I, unfortunately would'nt try it. I had some dammage done to my C6 and 7 vertebrae from a motorcycle rear ender.

I had an O.D. try and adjust me in a similar fashion this guy sounds like he's doing. I went home and had heart attack symptoms that night.

This was loooooong before I ever knew anything about lyme disease etc...I have spondylosis in

the rest of my backbone as well so....I am very hard to adjust.

Not so bad in the upper part but in the lumbar region no one has been able to unlock my lower

spine. This is probably why I still have pains there along with the attacks of the spirochetes on my nervous systems.

When I was a kid I also sustained a fraktured skull and that might worry me somewhat!

Many concusions later in boyhood and beyond. Seems I could never get my fat head out of the way of things or running into things. LOL

Anyone who has ever suffered neck injuries might want to make sure you tell the doctor this before he starts to adjust you up there.

Just a precaution. It sounds like something I would try if I were not previously injured in the areas I mentioned.

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie51
Member # 13065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Julie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi:

I starte the same thing last week, LOVE IT. Plus I'm getting off all abx (not doing a thing for me) and going to start the 1st of the year doing Kinesiology Bio-Feedback.

J

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 61 | From Lake Villa IL | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
Great that it's helping! So this technique is shifting everything back into place -- cranial bones, mater wrapped around the nerves, and the rest of the body, as it straightens out too?

That's what is so awesome! It fixes things all the way down our spines. My sciatic nerve pain is WAY better...nearly gone for now.

I feel really good all over.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lymie tony z:
Anyone who has ever suffered neck injuries might want to make sure you tell the doctor this before he starts to adjust you up there.

Just a precaution. It sounds like something I would try if I were not previously injured in the areas I mentioned.

Tony, this is perfect for those with head injuries and neck injuries. I've had two serious whiplashes and two "minor" ones. I think they really messed me up.

Everyone needs to be cautious, but if you're in terrible pain...it's worth a shot!

PS...I read something about the Osteopathic way and I'm pretty sure it's different...but similar in some ways.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Julie4848:
I starte the same thing last week, LOVE IT. Plus I'm getting off all abx (not doing a thing for me) and going to start the 1st of the year doing Kinesiology Bio-Feedback.

That's great!!! I think my dr does the feedback too. I'll ask next time.

Are you going to use it to relax or what?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julie - curious as to what it's done for you so far too.

zman, nice to see you back!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, Julie .. please tell us!!

More info:

http://www.drstuart.net/bct.htm

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement