LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New symptom: night sweats???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New symptom: night sweats???
maryland
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10345

Icon 11 posted      Profile for maryland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so confused. I have been treated for lyme and bartonella for a few years now (off and on). But now I have developed night sweats every night for the past two weeks. What the heck is going on??? The only thing I can think of is that the night sweats started about two months after I began the cowden protocol. ??? Any help thoughts??????????????? thanks.

--------------------
Bullsye rash: 1994, tx w/ ABT,
Symptomatic:1999
Hospitalization: 2004
Equivocol results (specialy lab) resulting in chronic use of ABT, herbs, etc ever since.
Severity of symptoms continue to worsen intermittingly.

Posts: 140 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesiosis
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am with you Babs caused this in me.
Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennyflyer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennyflyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This just started happening to me over this past week. I'm lying in bed freezing yet I'm sweating, espcially my feet.

--------------------
Jennifer

Posts: 266 | From Ocean County, NJ | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SandiB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SandiB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was my experience that my night sweats were caused by Babesia. Have you been tested for Babesia? The Fly Lab has an excellent test for Babesia. http://frylaboratories.com/services.html
Check it out.

SandiB

Posts: 991 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had night sweats really bad. They went away once I started treating Lyme and Bart.

I've heard that it's caused by Babs, so I don't know. I hope I don't have babs (my co-infection test from Fry showed it negative)! But for now, the night sweats have gone away with Bart and Lyme treatment.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one that is being treated for babs and getting the bed wetting soaks. I'm sure it could be other things as well, but in my case, my LLMD feels strongly it is babs.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are night sweats and the bed wetting soaks the same thing, or different?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

Babs is usually the cause of night sweats -

Check your body temp - Babs also causes Low temp -
96F and lower -- Jay --

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry CD57 if I used wording that made it confussing. Yes, when I said "bed wetting soaks", it's the same as night sweats. I just call it that since the bed is seriously SOAKED horribly after it happens.

Not fun no matter what you call it. [Frown]

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymecaregiverNY
Member # 13287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymecaregiverNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sir or Madam;

FYI:

My wife contracted Lyme and four co-infections in Frederick County, MD. We were forced to sell our home and return to NY because of the disease and what it did do to our family life.

The hot shot doctors in Silver Spring Holy Cross Hospital said there was nothing wrong with my wife, the hot shot doctors at Frederick Memorial said that we don't have Babesia here in Maryland, and the hot shot doctors at Shady Grove Hospital in Rockville, said that my wife had been adequately treated for Lyme and her symptoms must be all in her head and that she is faking her illness.

As you read through the Lymenet forum you can acquire a sense of the true misery of this illness and the danger that you are in. You will also see the total disregard for this disease by the medical profession. Many doctors cling to the notion that a bacteria that has survived millions of years in the environment can easily be cured with 10 days of bubblegum flavored antibiotics.

You are in trouble, more trouble than if you had cancer, because with cancer you would get medical treatment and compassion from the medical profession, but with Lyme, you get neither.

My wife initially received amoxicillin and appeared to be showing signs of improvement 4 1/2 years ago. After 3 weeks her health began to decline and she is still sick 4 1/2 years later.

We did not know it then but she was suffering from Babesia, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Erlichia, Borrelia - all from one tick bite in Maryland.

My wife has received some of the best oral and I.V. antibiotics that money can buy. Last year we spent roughly $29,000 in medical expenses that were not covered by insurance fighting this disease. The year before we spent approximately $21,000.00 in medical expenses not covered by insurance. Last fall my wife ending up in the hospital critical care unit to the tune of $33,000.00, most of which will be covered by insurance this time. The hospital did bring her back from the brink but she is in no way cured or in remission.

This disease sir or madam, is very, very serious. If you already have not done so, get yourself to a Lyme Literate doctor immediately. Four and one half years ago we were ignorant, fearful, and lulled into a false sense of security when symptoms improved with superficial antibiotic therapy.

My wife is at least alive now because we took the advise of our Maryland Lyme support group and seeked out a Lyme doctor because the mainstream doctors were leading us not to better health, but to the cemetary.

On the positive side, after 4 1/2 years of biological warefare, my wife is now cured of Babesia, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, and Erlichia.
We are still battling Borrelia.

The night sweats was a minor symptom of Babesia that forwarned of what was to come. The major symptom of Babesia was "pseudo-paralysis" from the neck down. She had feeling throughout her body but was unable to move any part of her arms, legs, hips, or torso.

Roughly 8 months of Mepron and Zithromax therapy wiped out the Babesia, the night sweats, and the pseudo-paralysis. The Babesia symptoms began to resolve one week after beginning the Mepron / Zithromax and continued to improve thereafter.

Zithromax concurrently with the Mepron wiped out the Mycoplasma.

Doxycline wiped out the Erlichia.

Levaquin wiped out the Bartonella.

Multiple courses of short and long term I.V. Rocephin, I.V. Doxycline, and many orals have not wiped out the Borrelia.

Rife machine is working to wipe out the Borrelia as we speak. We wished that we had known about Rife so many years ago because how well it works to kill Borrelia, not just suppressing it.

Do what you can to save your life.

Godspeed to you and your family.

Posts: 45 | From upstate NY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maryland
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maryland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello LymeCareGiver NY:

I have only been to LLMD's now for a few years. And, yes, I have been through the IV rocephin, oral antibiotics and IM bicillin (along with a ton of other lyme treatments and interventions). I just don't seem to understand why I am developing new symptoms. My LLMD thinks it may be becasue the night sweats started after I was put on malarone- who knows. I feel for you and your wife! I hope the both of you take precausions. I used to live in upstate NY for many years. This disease is also very common up there too. As far as the medical docs here, I have learned not to seek treatment through any of those major medical institutions you have mentioned. ps. I'd love to chat more about your wife's challenges. thanks.

--------------------
Bullsye rash: 1994, tx w/ ABT,
Symptomatic:1999
Hospitalization: 2004
Equivocol results (specialy lab) resulting in chronic use of ABT, herbs, etc ever since.
Severity of symptoms continue to worsen intermittingly.

Posts: 140 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever you do, just don't let them tell you that your nightsweats are perimenopause - or menopause. That's what they told me, and I was 41 - and still, they were calling it normal. I have babesia.

One doctor told me when I argued him over menopause being normal along with my 500 other growing complaints, "I've seen women go into menopause as early as 29." (something stupid like that)

I can't believe I was dumb enough to take their stupid hormones (Premarin) out of sheer desperation in hopes of feeling like a human again, instead of some sweaty freak of nature.

I walked through grocery stores sweating, shaking, observing other 'menopausal' women who did not seem the least bit distressed, all the while trying to picture myself doing this at EIGHTY, and somehow I just couldn't picture it and hoped I died.

I had my hormones tested recently and I was looking at the reference ranges. Luckily, they at least make a notation for hormone tests done on young girls, otherwise this ignorant medical community would feel confident nailing a young girl with a dx of menopause without even twitching.

It's really sick what they are doing to mostly women it seems. It seems women get nailed with this disease more frequently and harder than men do overall, and when you have a male-dominated medical profession trying to get to the bottom of a problem involving a large proportion of women, that's their very first mistake. What's scary is that even female doctors have bought into the myth that menopause is a normal part of life.

If a woman is depressed, anxious, having panic attacks, sweating, etc..., it's always always always blamed on something psychological in nature if the woman is younger than 30 - or it grows to include menopause if the woman is in her 30's or older.

How can a doctor help a patient when they don't BELIEVE a patient is really sick?

I can't work, and because everybody screwed up, it's nobody's fault - that's what the lawyers I've seen tell me.

I'm sure none of my doctors are shopping at Goodwill trying to figure out when they get to start saving for their retirement, mostly because I paid for their retirement.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement