LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Update on Hubby -- Good News!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update on Hubby -- Good News!!!
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I am still in shock -- the Levaquin seems to be working. After the frist dose (1/2 pill) hubby did not have any muscle rigors for 24 hours. Had been having 2 or 3 episodes daily for last 5 months.

After 2 weeks increased the Levaquin to 3/4 pill last few days. Have also added Rifampin at 50 mg daily.

After 2 weeks gradually stopped IV Demerol and IV Phenergan with no adverse effects. Still remain on IV Ativan at a low dose (1/2 mg every 4 hours or 3 mg daily with occasional extra 1/2 mg PRN).

Can't really explain why the Levaquin is working when the oral Zithromax, IV Doxycycline and IV Cipro were all failures. The only thing that makes sense is that maybe the Levaquin works more on the stomach and Vagus nerve? At least that is my guess.

Right now no one would diagnose hubby with a movement disorder -- unbelievable after the fiasco in the New York hospital. Hubby has not had any bad muscle rigor episodes since starting Levaquin -- some mild stiffness for first week or two only.

Hubby has not had any myoclonus for about a week and tremors are almost gone as well. I do think the IV glutathione is a major factor -- using 1000 mg 1 or 2 times daily -- but he had been using this during the last 5 months and it was ineffective then.

After 9 hospitalizations last year for a total of 78 days it is about time hubby got a break.

He even went for a short walk -- about 2/10 a mile yesterday -- first time he had done that in several months.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and well wishes during the last year.

I would never have believed Bartonella could cause such crazy symptoms, but it is either that or possibly mycoplasma as well -- test results a little confusing on that one.

For the next month or two I will continue working on adding in a 2nd antibiotic for the Bart (Rifampin or something else) and put hubby back on a more comprehensive supplement schedule.

And we still have the fun job of finding a local PCP -- if all else fails we will resume seeing the alternative doc that is 5 hours away -- that had worked out ok for over a year before all the hospitalizations started.

I am still in disbelief over the $75,000 bill the New York hospital sent to hubby's insurance. Actually it should go to Medicare and should be all covered. The part that is so mindboggling is that $5 worth of Levaquin did more good than all the tests which were mostly duplicates that had been done several times before.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you both! [Smile]
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

I was so happy to read this I actually cried. [group hug]

I hope this is an indication of what's to come in the New Year for hubby & you. You BOTH deserve a break.

I've been holding my breath & praying everytime I go to read one of your posts lately. I hope those prayers are being answered.

[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, that's SUPERB!!!!

Can't think of news I'd rather hear.

Now, not only Steve but also BEA could use a break. Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best news I've had all year!

I'm thrilled for you both!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you God FINALLY a break for Steve and Bea! [bow] [bonk]

so glad to finally good news after all you 2 have been thru. i knew steve was in hospital last year but almost 2.5 months; I feel so bad for all the crap with ducks you 2 put up with!

hoping you can get a local pcp now to administer things for you.

STEVE, keep up the good work; we wish you GOOD HEALTH ONLY on starting to take your life back!

I agree; Bea, please take a much needed break! You've been his soul support and walking medical dictionnnary plus teaching us on everything that went wrong and WHY it went wrong. [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bea,

This is the best New Year's news I've gotten!

Thanks for the data and especially for staying by your man.

Love,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news!!!
Take care.

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Bea! You know what I thought of that New York hospital since I was also there a few months ago...I have nightmares just thinking about it now. (horrifc experience) I hope neither of us EVER goes back there and we get 100% better! FYI: They charged me 87,000 dollars but it is covered except for the out of network doctors I saw....never knew they were out of network.
Monica

Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news, I hope he continues to get better and better!
Amazing how quickly we can respond with the right treatment.

Sorry for the experience he had in the New York hospital.

Bea, take care and keep us posted when you can,

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

Way to go! Yes, Bravo, yippee, alright, awesome,hurray!

Looks like Levaquin is doing some miraculous things for a few long time sufferers....your hubby and Aligondo Bruce too.

Best,
Rhonda

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is hoping that it is all up from here!!!

Melissa

[group hug]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES YES YES*)!*)! I am SO happy for you*)!*)!
Cipro took me to being symptom free!! I was on it for over a year with no tendon issues- I am SO glad levaquin is working I am knocking on my desk (which is wood) right now for you*)!*)!
YES YES YES*)!*!!! A great omen for your New YEar, Best wishes to Steve,
Happy for you,
Sarah

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ctlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome news .

This is my first time posting to you but i have followed your posts for some time and i have so much empathy for what you and your husband have gone through.

Hope he continues to heal Bea.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Posts: 137 | From wethersfield ct | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, Bea!!

Remember how I thought my symptoms and your husband's have been similar?

Guess what stopped my full-body muscle spasms and seizure-like activity?

Levaquin!!

I've been off it for four months now and the symptoms have NOT returned!

God bless you, guys. You've been through the ringer and now I sure hope it's all cake from this day on!

- Julie

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very happy for you and have followed your posts for the past year or so. At times when I think I can't take the stress anymore of taking care of my husband, I think of you. You're doing the same thing I'm doing. One foot in front of the other determined to make it to the other side!
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, this is just TERRIFIC news!! I'm almost afraid to believe it is true, after all that you have been through and tried and done....

Well, I'm keeping you on my Lyme prayer list, for sure - prayers of thanks this time around!

[group hug]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful wonderful news!!! Yeah!!!!!
Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Cow! This was the best post to read to start the new year!!

If there's anyone I know who needed some kind of hope, a breakthrough, it's Bea and Steve

Levaquin for CNS bart...need to make notes.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it when there is great news. For your husband and yourself and what you guys went thru last year.....this gets my vote as the top story of great news flash on lymenet for '07.

Well you posted it in '08, but the turn around happened in '07.

May this only be the beginning of continued improvement for your husband in '08. To quote Paul Harvey "now this is the rest of the story." (or something to that effect) and improvement continues. Walking in the great outdoors. WOW

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

I'm so happy for you and your husband. I hope Steve continues to improve.

Peggy

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news! Levaquin was a miracle drug for me, too.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EXCELLENT!

-

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear Bea-

What super-duper wonderful news!!!! I couldn't be happier for you both!

I hope that Steve's progress means you can take some time for yourself to simply relax a bit. You both have fought so hard this past year- a genuine break has been more than overdue.

thanks for sharing the news!

hugs- dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoney
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've followed your posts nad my heart ached for you. I hope you found the "magic" bullet and your husband continues to improve.
Posts: 561 | From eastcoast | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like God's blessings are shining on you and your husband in the New Year. May this continue!! Hiker53
P.S. What dosage of Levaquin is your husband working up to?

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incredible, Bea. More power to you and hubby for TRUE GRIT.

Meanwhile, this just proves more than ever we need to test what's in ticks and test for these organisms in people so people don't have to go through years of the wrong abx.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that's one heck of a Happy New Year gift!!

So glad you both finally catch a break.

(I believe the late Dr. D published a lot of info on how undxd bart affects the stomach).

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,
You and Steve have given us all a great start to the new year! You are such a great role model for perserverence, and to see that it is finally paying off gives everyone reason to hope and to keep trying.
Take care!
Cindy

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiker 53,

Hubby is trying to get to 500 mg of Levaquin daily. He started at 250 mg and recently increased to 375 mg.

The worriesome part of the equation is that he already did 3 months of Levaquin 3 years ago -- at that time was at full dose from the beginning. Never seemed to herx and just felt better -- made his elevated blood ammonia levels return to normal.

Since he had taken the Levaquin before we thought we should try something else this time -- but the oral Zithromax, IV Doxycycline and IV Cipro were all ineffective at decreasing neuro and G.I. symptoms.

3 years ago he was not having the same neuro symptoms as recently (much less severe)-- had Parkinsonian tremor, some mild myoclonus and seizure-like spells. These symptoms did not improve very much back then. But we didn't have any test results showing Bart so since it was being treated on a clinical basis we thought the 3 months was enough treatment.

It was a big surprise when we did the Fry test last year -- tested positive for Bart twice on bloodslides and even had antibodies the one time we tested for that. So this time we plan to continue treatment until test results are negative -- minimum of 4 -6 months before we plan to retest.

Per Dr S in Fl, Bart needs 2 different antibiotics to be successful. That is what we plan to do. Just not sure if Steve can tolerate the Rifampin -- other times he has tried that med it made myoclonus significantly worse.

We are halfway there since we have one med that seems to be working on the neuro symptoms -- also has decreased nausea but the G.I. issues seem to be resolving slower.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREAT NEWS,

Glad you went back to levaquin and got a positive responce.

This could have been because some other co/infection was battleing the levaquin the

first time you used it and therefore never touched the co/infection that now seems to be dramatically working for you.

With flouroquinalones comes the aoways present warning of major tendenitis.

I developed some muscular pain down my left leg and shortly thereafter I felt my ACL tear away

from my knee. It was very painful. But, I had to have that replaced anyway. The clindamycin

(another flouroquinalone) just made it sooner.

God Bless....and bea carefull...walking not to put too much strain on the achilles....

Have they ever allowed you vancomycin?

Now might be a good time to ask.

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might be of interest. Dr. Burrascano explains treatment failure and then "cure" w/levaquin in this video - scroll down to and click on: Bartonella: A clinicians view point Dr. Burrascano at this link
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/VideoView.html

Thanks for good news! [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear the new positive developments.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this thing told me webpage could not be displayed!????

zman

ps...I did get to LDA by clicking on your website but when I went to click on burrascano's video....

my puter said it could not be displayed...

I will try it later....

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea,

Definitely good news. I also started Levaquin Dec. 1st at 250, then went to full dose. I was seeing improvements as Steve. I went to full dose in 10 days and day 25 started feeling punky.

By day 27, it knocked me. Day 29 I took a break for 3 days. I restarted at half dose again and making improvements still.

I also am on Tindamax.

I am so happy for Steve and you.
Hoping this will be the last hump to get over.
It's definitely been a long haul.
Hugs to you and Steve.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for fin

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up... [group hug] [kiss]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

It's always wonderful to hear good news that a treatment is working. I'm so glad that your husband has finally gotten better.

I know having your hubby healthy and well will be the best reward you can possibly have for all your struggles, dedication and sacrifice! [Smile]

God bless you. You and all those suffering with this terrible, terrible disease are in my prayers every day. [group hug] [kiss]

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well now Mr. and Mrs. S!!!

Considering the last time I saw you in the NY hospital, and all that you have been through...ain't this a good kick in the butt!

WONDERFUL!!! I am glad at least ONE of us has found some relief!

Now, the next time you come back to NY, we will have a nice dinner on me...er., not REALLY on me...they have these things called PLATES...yes, that's the ticket...we will eat off plates!!!

Keep up the fight!

Peace, Love and Wellness,
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JR, you are just too, too conventional.I thought NY was the home of innovative dining?

Bea, I just wondered how you and your hubby are getting doing?

My hubby is doing IV avelox for bart -- it's in the quinolone family but doesn't seem to cause the side effects as much. It's remarkable how rapidly it started clearing up his brainfog and increased his energy level. Although he now has a nasty systemic candida infection...it's always something. This is his second or third round of treatment for bart. What a nasy bug it is.

Best of luck.

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! That's really exciting news! [woohoo]

Please forgive me Seiburtneurolyme if I'm repeating a question that someone has already asked or if you've already answered this, as I'm not familiar with your husband's history. But was your husband diagnosed with Bartonella? Levaquin is generally used to treat that and I was just curious.

My mother was diagnosed with Bart and has yet to start her treatment on it by choice due to other medical issues she's taking care of first.

Anyway, my thought is that once she starts her Bart treatment, I think she'll see a greater improvement of her symptoms versus with her Lyme treatment. Your husbands case only strengthens my thoughts on this...that is if he has Bartonella.

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea and Steve, [woohoo]

Thank goodness.

I spoke with my LLMD about it, and he tells me that the Biaxin will eventually kill it, so I persist. I shoud also mention that I requested we do an ammonia test, and LLMD agreed. See, your experience and blog helps us directly!

Who did you end up with for LLMD who put Steve on Levaquin?

Was Steve ever actually diagnosed with seizures?

I'm taking a combination of Lyrica and Lamictal, and I'm experiencing significant ability of symptom management.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had not checked in here lately....so hadn't seen this thread.

What wonderful news, Bea!! I hope and pray your hubby is continuing to respond well.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement