LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » It's All In Your Head BOOK Series of 3 on Lyme Disease AVAILABLE by PJ LANGHOFF!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's All In Your Head BOOK Series of 3 on Lyme Disease AVAILABLE by PJ LANGHOFF!!!
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3, 08 NEW LYME BOOKS!

It's All In Your Head Series on Lyme Disease AVAILABLE by PJ LANGHOFF!!!

Kay and PJ,

I do NOT know if PJ's charity would conflict with Dr. Jones Conn. defense or not, so I'm forwarding to ALL I sent earlier!!

I do want to see about $1.00 per BOOK to go for Dr. Jones defense fund! see below for details!

I'd like to see money go also for Paula's selected charity too! Both very worthwhile!

Thanks Kay for info; I didn't know that as I am NOT an online book buyer at all!

Please DELETE 1ST EMAIL I SENT YOU so you can keep this one with Amazon link on giving DR. JONES 4% !! Thx! [Smile] Bettyg, Iowa activist

Note from Kay Lyon:

If you plan to buy P.J.'s books (OR ANYTHING ON AMAZON.COM) using Amazon, please click on one of these 2 links to get to Amazon .

Just using these links will donate 4% of your purchase to Dr. Jones' defense fund. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/homepage.html?ie=UTF8&%2AVersion%2A=1&%2Aentries%2A=0

OR: http://tinyurl.com/3atkvx

Kay, please share this HOT off the press info with those in your lyme circle of friends, etc! BIG thanks!
Betty Gordon, Ames, Iowa lyme activist

Mike, I too will be in ONE of the 2 books; 1st story, but I don't know which one either!

PJ, as time permits, could you send us an email to those who sent you our stories so we know which one to look for and buy! I KNOW, all 3 will be riveting! I couldn't put your 1st book about your life down!! nail-biting! Also, especially for those who can afford to buy only 1 of your series. Thanks PJ for ALL your efforts in spite of ALL your own court trial hearings going on!!

FOLKS, please tell your PUBLIC LIBRARIES about these upcoming books. ASK THEM TO BUY THEM FOR YOUR LIBRARIES!

Give your WISH list to family/friends of what they can buy you!

Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:20:10 -0600 from Mike, NP40

3**New lyme books from PJ Langhoff of WI's Lyme League.

My son Jesse has a brief story in one of the books as well. {Not sure which one ?} PJ ?

Dr's Jemsek and Burrascanno provide the forewords for the books.

I guess I have my answer as to why PJ has been a little lax in responding to my e-mails of late. She acts like she's busy or something ! What ? Only two books at a time ! ? Come on, let's pick up the pace ! -Mike, NP40

FROM AUTHOR PJ LANGHOFF..

It's All In Your Head Series on Lyme Disease AVAILABLE!!!

AT LONG LAST.....Books 1 and 2 of the series "It's All In Your Head" about Lyme disease by author PJ Langhoff, will be available in 2-3 weeks from Amazon.com and

www.allegorypress.com

For a limited time, you may pre-order directly from Allegory Press prior to print to obtain a discount over the publisher's pricing when the books become available.

Books will be delivered when print-ready. Information will be available on the web site www.allegorypress.com in the next day or two .

Standard editions, large print and ebook editions available .

All books are list priced under $25 (ebooks significantly less and available sooner FOR $11..Betty's note from going online to that site!)

and are packed with valuable information about Lyme history, global distribution, the politics, symptoms, herxing, MBP, faulty laboratory testing, patient stories, and much more.

These are important, informative books which reveal the truth about Lyme disease in a never before released collection

Book 1: "It's All In Your Head," Patient Stories From the Front Lines: Intimate Aspects of Chronic and Neuropsychiatric Lyme Diease

Contains info on all of the above, plus a half dozen patient stories including the author's story, describing life with chronic and neuropsychiatric Lyme.

A must-read for patients, physicians and support persons of those who have chronic illness.

Book 2: "It's All In Your Head," Around the World in 80 Lyme Patient Stories: Valid Reasons to Debate Current Treatment Guidelines

Contains collections of short stories from 80 Lyme patients from 23 US states, 5 Canadian provinces/territories and 11 countries abroad !

This sampling of the global presence of Lyme disease tells it like it is--from the patients themselves.

An honest, revealing collection of information which touches on every aspect of Lyme disease, and reveals also that transmission occurs sexually, in utero, via breastfeeding, and blood and organ donation !

Absolutely a must-read for everyone who wishes to learn why an epidemic is being ignored and the patients are being refused diagnoses and treatment!

Book 3: "The Baker's Dozen and the Lunatic Fringe," How "Junk" Science Shifted the Lyme Disease Paradigm

-- is scheduled for release in a couple months ....and covers the history and politics of Lyme and is a revealing book on the truth about Lyme, the silent epidemic. Learn also patients' treatment strategies and personal opinions about the politics of Lyme.

A portion of the proceeds of these books are being donated to partnering charities, and to a fund established in the name of Ryan Guerin, a deceased North Carolina Lyme patient--the latter to be utilized to help defray the costs of diagnostic testing for new Lyme patients who cannot afford them .

Please help support these worthwhile books...many people have contributed their stories in the hopes that their collective stories may benefit many new Lyme patients and their families.
Best,

PJ Langhoff
www.allegorypress.com
www.sewill.org
www.lymeleague.com

[ 04. January 2008, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey people let's buy at least one of the books.....my story is in one of them but don't know on which one....what about buying all three to see were is mine? HA!!
Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cave76:
betty ---- is there a reason for the 'thumbs down' icon for this?

I thought you were dissing the book! [Smile]

I'm confused by that too. You're not, are you?

I think maybe it's the charitable distributions that are getting the thumbs down?

As for Amazon.com, the link to the left on here gives the funds to the Lyme Disease Network. Amazon.com really has some racquet going [Big Grin] , they get advertising all over the place just for making some tiny charitible contributions. Brilliant marketing.

You know, I noticed with Dr.S's Babesia books, you can buy them cheaper from him & make your own charitable contributions elsewhere.

I also was wondering, if you disable a cookie from Amazon.com, does the contribution register or do they just keep the funds? Does anyone know how that works?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

trueblue,

pj will send ALL of us who contributed our stories to her, info in near future how this will be handled and WHICH BOOK our story is in!

cave, GOD BLESS YOU FOR CATCHING THAT!

I have my view set on LARGEST FONT possible to read and the box is at END of row and the icon is at beginning of next row. I was going for THUMBS UP!!

so to you and whoever else mentioned this, please delete the comments about thumbs down .

I'M DEFINITELY ALL FOR PJ'S EXCEPTIONAL BOOKS!

She also told me privately that her 3rd book will be very CONTROVERSIAL! wouldn't give me any hints other than that! She is an exceptional researcher!!

I have NO KNOWLEDGE on amazone icon!!

I'd still use the site KAY LYON gave so 4% goes for EACH BOOK ORDERED there.

we do NOT have any info if the lymenet amazone site HAS 4% GOING TO DR. JONES OR NOT!!

anyone, feel free to write lou b or AMAZON to find out the answers to questions; I'D WRITE AMAZON FIRST!

thanks for interest in books and catching my ERROR in icons! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
order pj's books now and donate $1 PER BOOK for dr. jones defense fund!

get your town libraries involved; nationwide, we could in a lot of BIG $$$$$ this way!!!! [Big Grin] [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for weekend crowd to read!

cave and ali, would you delete the part where I picked the WRONG ICON to use??

to delete: click on paper/pencil icon...

cave, go to top left corner and click DELETE POST, hit enter, and it's history.

ali, just delete that quote and your comment. that was straightened out.

leave the rest where you have questions.

cave and ali, thank you BOTH! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

TO ALL,

I got my copy of MY story being in the book with 80 PATIENT lyme stories yesterday.

BOY AM I IMPRESSED! I got the large size for my low vision eyes, and it's so easy to read; enjoy. One heavy book! [Big Grin]

PJ, in case you stop by here to read of my posting about your 3 books, I'm so glad I submitted my story to you. [group hug] [kiss]

My story is shown on page 234 !! Boy is that easy to remember!!

I looked at index of folks and recognized 12 names only.

LYMEBLUE, would you send me a PM, and tell me which page your story starts on?

ANY OTHER MEMBERS with their stories in book 1 or 2? please send me a PM so I can read your story using my lymenet knowledge of you to picture you as I read your story...big thanks!

I read NP40/Mike's son's story and Lisa from Wisc.

Also ARIZONA VET story; Daise, is that you? Well done, very detailed in your 21 pages. If it's not you; it ought to be!!

So I'll be starting to read a little each night. Only 1 book came and not book 1 of 2 series; thank goodness. It will take me awhile to get thru 475 pages!

I highly recommend many of you look into getting your local libraiest to buy her 3 books!

ONE VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER HERE! I love the book's cover by an 8 yr. old boy who painted it!

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANY OTHER MEMBERS with their stories in book 1 or 2? please send me a PM so I can read your story using my lymenet knowledge of you to picture you as I read your story...big thanks!
[group hug] [kiss]

MommaK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MommaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds Great!

Thanks and up for others!

MommaK

Posts: 242 | From Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

K, i got 2nd book 2 days after 1st so have been working on both books but mainly book one starting with all basics of lyme and LEARNING SOMETHING NEW DAILY!

I've read the stories of our lymenet members that I know of.

PJ has done an outstanding job on her writing in user-friendly language; and i love my BIG PRINT pages making it easy on my eyesight reading them! they are heavy weights; 475 and 576 plus pages each!

Highly recommend you give the names to your public library to see if they will BUY for library or order thru INTRA LIBRARY LOANS for the many of you without any funding! [group hug] [kiss]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement