LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New symptom heel pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New symptom heel pain
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have developed a new symptom that ONLY happens during the night when I am asleep. I'd say 5 out of 7 night this horrible pain in my left heel wakes me. It feels like someone has hammered away at my heel. It happens only in my left heel and it hurts badly.

Weirdest thing of all is that it only happens when I am asleep in the one foot never during the day.

I know burning soles in the AM are related to Bart, but that is not what I am feeling.

Anyone else with this painful problem, I have a feeling not [confused]

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Your mailbox is full. I tried sending a PM yesterday and it wouldn't go through. Then I wrote a long PM from your website and my stupid computer lost it while trying to send.

Anyway, I'll catch up with you soon.

The only time I had heel pain was on quinolones, which of course developed into Achilles tendon problems. I have the sore soles from Bart but never heel pain unrelated to the antibiotics.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amkdiaries
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amkdiaries   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was one of my first symptoms over 10 years ago. It is the only one that has pretty much resolved with treatment.

It was so bad at times I could only walk on my toes. It should get better with treatment.

Posts: 425 | From NY, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you are suffering from plantar fasciitis?
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/images/ency/fullsize/19568.jpg

I know a lot of fibro patients (many of whom are undiagnosed lyme in my opinion) have plantar fasciitis.

I've had heel pain for years and I recall some discussions here about heel pain and cracks in the heels. Mine bothers me more when I walk.

At one point both heels became hard and very numb - I couldn't feel them which made it hard to walk and stay balanced. I also developed VERY deep cracks in my right heel.

If you don't want to hear about rife or muscle testing, skip this part.

Prior to starting abx I used the rife machine and muscle testing and had my right heel almost completely healed and even the numbness went away. Muscle testing kept showing that I had a staph infection which I feel may have been the root cause of my heel problem.

I recently started omnicef and I've had a lot of tingling and stabbing sensations deep in my heels along with an itching feeling. Feels like it is healing deep in the tissues.

I hesitated to mention muscle testing for fear of starting a war that would end in this post being deleted but that is truly what worked for me.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeindunkirk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeindunkirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I opened your posting because just today for no apparent reason my left heel has begun to hurt. I really couldn't figure out why but then again I stopped meds about a month ago. Thanks for posting. I'd never heard of anyone with this symptom so I didn't even think about it being lyme or one of the coinfections. I should have known better.
Posts: 547 | From Maryland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone - I did think of plantar fasciitis, but would it just start of the blue like that? I will study it further. Thanks.

Terry - I have been wanting to get muscle testing but no one within 200 miles of me that is reliable in it. Staph infection blows my mind...my son had it recently and he got well just great on Doxy. Well I am starting Doxy next, it kills Staph, so maybe it is Staph....I have felt worse all over really the last month or two. Thanks for mentioning this.

Lymeindunkirk - I have recently gone down in dosage - maybe it is related.

I have been in treatment 19 months and at the very beginning use to get a hot flash through my right foot that resolved with treatment.

I am going to be switching abx in the next day or two, we will see if that helps any, I hope so, it really hurts and is no fun to awake to! [Frown]

Thank you again for responses....thanks Jill I will delete some messages so you can pm me.

Take care.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement