LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » OUTRAGED!!!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OUTRAGED!!!!!!!!!!!
Anneke
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anneke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I just watched/listened to the hearing last week on the CT Medical boards decision against Dr. Jones. We are SICKENED. It's the kind of injustice that produces a visceral, violent internal reaction.

WHAT CAN WE DO????????????????? I don't know what to do with the rage. I don't know what to do.

Here is the link:

http://www.ctn.state.ct.us/show_info.asp?mbid=12332

I think we all have a responsibility to bear witness to this witchhunt. I just wish I hadn't watched it before bedtime.

Anneke

Posts: 364 | From California | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our entire country has been sold...THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. Say goodbye.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am outraged about this whole attack on Dr. J. I am almost at the end of listening to the witch hunt.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be poetic justice if this MD that they choose to monitor Dr. J actually learns something from him?????

I know this is a reach, but stranger things have happened. I took my Granddaughter to Dr. J and he is soooo very impressive and knowledgable how could someone not learn from him?

Just a thought,

Hugs,

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still confused about what the actual charges were. I thought the one and only charge was that Dr. J renewed an abx prescription for some kind of upper respiratory infection without actually ever seeing the children in person. But it seems like the board & health dept attorney spent a considerable amount of time discussing whether Dr. J properly/improperly diagnosed Lyme.

If it's just about prescribing abx w/out physically seeing these children, then it seems like the penalties are too harsh.

I don't know...I'm confused.

[ 07. January 2008, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Soleilpie ]

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
-Abigail van Buren (Pauline Esther Friedman) (1918-2002)

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at this point we get to stay tuned and see how the next legal challenge goes, since the decision is being protested due to bias in one of the people on the panel, Dr S, who told a family he didn't believe in chronic lyme. I for one wish I didn't have to witness chronic lyin'.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Soleilpie:
I'm still confused about what the actual charges were. I thought the one and only charge was that Jones renewed an abx prescription for some kind of upper respiratory infection without actually ever seeing the children in person. But it seems like the board & health dept attorney spent a considerable amount of time discussing whether Jones properly/improperly diagnosed Lyme.

The board upheld several other charges including maintaining the Lyme diagnosis despite negative blood tests and no "objective" (CDC) manifestations.

You can see the original statement of charges here, most but not all were upheld by the board:
http://www.dir.ct.gov/dph/hcquality/Physician/Orders_Physicians/001-012860/20040917001221SOC.pdf

Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to fight these travesties, one tiny little thing you can do is VOTE in November! If you listened to the debate Saturday night, there was one candidate who is on a mission to get the special interest groups/lobbyists out of the government's business!

If you look at all we know about the flagrant patient abuse in the insurance industry, flagrant abuse of patent laws, conflicts of interest in medical research/pharmaceuticals and how, in spite of exposure in the media, NOTHING is done to correct it, you have to know that our elected officials are not responding to or working for us anymore - they are truly in the pockets of these groups. Absolutely nothing is going to change; we are going to get NOWHERE in this political lyme battle until we get sever that relationship! We need to make electing a president who will fight to the end to accomplish thia a top priority! I think this issue is the most important one because it drives all the others! And I think health care is of far greater importance than the economy, the war, terrorism or anything else (except maybe environment) because we are becoming a chronically ill people. It is going to become a huge drain on our country in every way if we don't find a way to turn the tide.

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleilpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link ldfighter.

The charges they made were very serious, if they're true...like making a diagnosis of Lyme & prescribing doxycycline for the little girl w/out having examined her until 4 months later.

I'm thinking the board misinterpreted the medical records or something here, but I don't know. I guess I need to read Dr J's side.

--------------------
The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.

Posts: 409 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoadRunner
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 380

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RoadRunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family member doctor gave abx over the phone without seeing the patient should they be up on charges too?

This also has happen to a friend of mine when they were sick and a covering doctor also gave abx over the phone without seeing them how come he isn't up on charges? This doctor didn't know the patient at all.

This happen all the time is the point here.

They are just going after DR. Jones is the answer to this a plain old witch hunt.

They give abx for acne all the time for years.

http://ct.gov/dph/cwp/view.asp?a=3143&q=388904&dphNav_GID=1830

This is a list of all disciplinary actions in the last two years. You can tell that DR JONES was given a punishment that was way out of line compared to others. Other doctors were not allowed to practice while being investigated, had suspended licenses, etc, no longer allowed to prescribe controlled substances; all much worse than anything DR J was accused of.

Yet none of them were fined anywhere near $10,000.

RR

--------------------
"Beep Beep"

Posts: 2630 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleilpie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8481

I don't think it's generally a good idea for a doctor who's never met a patient to prescribe medication for them or to make a dx. But I agree, it happens all the time...at least the prescribing part. I think the key is experience. Doctors that have been practicing a long time should be alloted some leeway here...at least w/in reason.

--------------------

lymednva
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeout, I have to agree with you here. Your comment made me go and watch the debates online to see exactly who you were talking about.

It turns out the candidate I believe you are referring to was my initial choice for our next president.

Thanks for bringing that to light. I think that is where the hope for the future lies.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What they are doing to Dr. Jones, and by extension to the entire Lyme community, is beyond comprehesion.
My own view is tha the patient community, or at least some of us, should be more confrontive, like the Act Up people in response to HIV. They are literally kiling people, and ruining tens of thousands of lives, including those of children.
There are times when I don't believe it is happening, that so many people could suffer so much, and be ridiculed instead treated with compassion.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Anneke and ALL of you, this is the opportunity to show the board that EVIDENTLY we know what they are doing. Assisting to this session in GREAT numbers will send them a message one more time.

WE ALL HAVE TO GO
WE HAVE TO STOP THIS NOW
IF JONES GOES OTHERS WILL FOLLOW INMEDIATELY.

Thay are testing the waters....

CONNECTICUT MEDICAL EXAMINING BOARD
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Department of Public Health Complex
410 Capitol Avenue, Hartford Connecticut
Conference Room C - Building 470
CALL TO ORDER

I. MINUTES
Review and approval of the minutes from December 18, 2007 meeting.

II. UPDATES
A. Chair Updates
B. Information Update - Department of Public Health
C. Information Update - Connecticut State Medical Society

III. NEW BUSINESS
Respondent's Motion for Reconsideration and to Vacate
Charles R. Jones, MD - Petition No. 2004-0917-001-221

IV. LEGAL OFFICE BUSINESS
Mark Wasserman, MD - Petition No. 2007-0404-001-051
Presentation of Consent Order - Stanley Peck, Section Chief, Legal Office, DPH

V. ASSIGN HEARING PANEL
Dennis Pollock, MD - Petition No. 2006-0719-001-127
VI. 120 DAY EXTENSIONS
M. Albini (unlicensed)
J. Mershon (unlicensed)
VII. ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS
ADJOURN III.

Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement