LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Wake up feeling like I was hit by a bus?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wake up feeling like I was hit by a bus?
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, all.

I've noticed this once in a while. Some mornings I'll wake up and feel refreshed and good and other mornings I'll wake up with aches and pains and feel like I was hit by a bus -- like I got no comfort/rest whatsoever.

Anyone else have this on and off feeling like that?

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I always wake up feeling like I've been hit by a bus .... it takes me a lot of time to get going in the morning! That's the reason I can't say I'm 100%, it's the 10% that's still bad.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, disturbed, I know exactly how that feels. I use to say someone beat me with a baseball bat or I was hit by a semi or train.

Toxic my dear TOXIC. During sleep your body is suppose to help the liver, gall bladder, kidneys etc. refuel or clean out.

If one doesn't really rest or if one of those organs is mad. Watch out. IMHO, what it took me a long time to understand.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6480 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by map1131:
Toxic my dear TOXIC.

If one doesn't really rest or if one of those organs is mad. Watch out. IMHO, what it took me a long time to understand.

Organs mad from what? From being overly toxic, or mad by the lyme, you mean?

Thanks!

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose H.
Member # 13650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rose H.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I share this same feeling, just different train, different truck.

My question is what to do about. How do I detox better? I have just completed 30 days on Doxy, 30 days on Ceftin and began taking zithromax on 12/31/07. I take 4 nystatin a day, and a theralac probiotic every third day.

I also take several supplements and other meds.

I was taking bentonite for detoxing but was warned by some of this group that it could be dangerous so I discontinued it.

Could use some better rest and go power!!

Posts: 11 | From Muscatine, Iowa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
disturbed, are you sore all over your body? If someone touches you, do you feel like they smacked you?

When someone hugs you, is it painful instead of comforting?

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6480 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel the same way all the time.

It seems to take hours before I can somewhat function. Physically and mentally.

Take care

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:
disturbed, are you sore all over your body? If someone touches you, do you feel like they smacked you?

Skin sensitivity? Sometimes I have it, but not always.

The other day my husband was hugging me and rubbing my back and it hurt too much and I had to tell him to stop.

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to feel that way every morning. Then, after a sleep test, I was treated for alpha intrusion sleep disorder. Since then, I sleep real well. I wasn't aware of not getting deep sleep before, because I never fully woke up, so it seemed I was getting enough sleep.

The only time I wake up feeling unrested nowadays is when pain is strong enough to defeat my sleep med and I don't get into deep sleep.

If it's sporatic, it seems that something is interupting the deep sleep--at times. Keeping a health journal comes in handy at a time like this.

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny
Member # 11224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I feel like that all the time. I will have a few days where I don't feel as terrible as normal and even have a pretty good evening and then I will wake up the next morning and can hardly get out of bed. I am hurting all over and can not get my brain going at all. It really stinks because the evening before I think that maybe things are looking up and then Wham! the next morning. I still haven't figured out exactly why except that it is just one of those "Lyme" things.
Posts: 33 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that damned bus comes by here, too. We must be on the same route.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a bus, train, semi, bolder and anything else that could do damage hits my daughter every night while she is trying to sleep.

I agree with the toxin theory. I think she is so full of toxins her body just can't relax.

Still waiting on the results of the HLA test to see if she really does have that problem where you can't detox. We know she has the HLA DR-4 gene.

THEN, we can attack that problem, if that is what it is.

HUGS,

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wake up feeling much better ever since starting Zanaflex for muscle pain. Turns out, the pain was keeping me from sleeping well. I didn't even realize it.

Sleep helps reduce pain. So if you are not sleeping because of pain, it causes a very bad cycle. You might not realize you aren't sleeping well.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellie K
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellie K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sleep 20 hours a day! This started when I doubled my Bicillin (on top of Babs treatment too). Tough stuff.

Even with that amount of sleep, I do not feel well rested. A lof of my sleep involves horrible nightmares and sleep paralysis, which I never had before Lyme.

Worst part of my day is waking up and remembering that I still have Lyme. There is that split second when your mind is awakening itself and you do forget just temporarily then what life has become. and in that split second you could be your normal self. [Frown]

Posts: 390 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am experiementing with doses of ambein. And low doses during the day. I had unearthed a liver study that was trying to lower blood amminoa in the brain. One of the experimental drugs was a benzo. Seems when you stimulate gaba benzo do bigtime, you order a detox l=glutatyion...but if you try to take it orally iv or im or anyway, it wont work and the am. level rise more. The study is on the net and something related to this on here.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

I forgot to say, after starting the ambein I feel better! I ran out for 2 days recently and omg, the hit by a bus came right back and I slept for 2 days nearly. Just last night...I started ambeien again...and wow, I felt better right away, and a few hours later fell asleep at about 4am. Its now 7 am and I feel better not weak not good either not like I always did without it...like I was dying or something. I believe ambien or benzos used correctly scavage out the blood amminia levels. And some studies seem to back up that notion. I like the ambein better seems to loosen muscles and its not as addiction, and if I take it daytime it dont make me tired at all.
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take xanax for my Bart anxiety herxes and it also helps me sleep. Could be a good option for you, too, Disturbed.

However, almost every morning sucks for me anyway. I remember this when treating Lyme, too. Mornings were simply awful...good sleep or not.

I think part of it is, facing a whole new boring non-productive-physically-and/or-mentally debilitating day of a TBD. For me, at least, the reality of my life right now kicks in and I become depressed.

Evenings are always better for me and the night brings me comfort. I have no idea why. Maybe the photosensitivity to the sun, maybe the symptoms subside, maybe I don't feel like an alien because the rest of the human race is laying to rest, as well?

Or maybe just because I survived yet another day of herxing and a no-sugar diet. [confused]

All I know, is it comes with these illness'. Totally not fair but it passes when treatment is successful.

For 3 years after Lyme treatment I woke up like a little morning bird, flitting about happily, getting ready for work.

It is NOT permanent.

Xanax might get ya through for now...

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamescase20
Unregistered

Actually we most likely have adrenal insuffentcy. Maybe even addisons disease. In that condition, its typical that you cant get started in the morning. If fact...often till around 6pm. And one spends there best focused hours usually between midnight and 6am roughly speaking. I got that out of a book. I do have this I was diagnosied with this about 8 years ago. I remember, okay, my adrenals are not working, but is this just another symtom? He didnt know what to say, and prescribed corisone. I felt a very little better, then nothing. I basially just stoped and on and off.
Peacesoul
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by sixgoofykids:
No, I always wake up feeling like I've been hit by a bus .... it takes me a lot of time to get going in the morning! That's the reason I can't say I'm 100%, it's the 10% that's still bad.

same here. I always feel like sludge and my mornings are so slow. It takes me a few hrs to feel somewhat ok
Since doing lots of detox and doing detox baths every morning, it's been a lot better though.
And and since stopping the zithro. That abx really made me feel lousy!

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every day, I wake and then dont feel good until I have my coffee in the morning.

Then my pain goes down by 60-70%. The coffee lifts my mood for an hour or so and then I get foggy and go into the slumps!!!!!!!

This disease sucks.

Recentlly I started experimenting with taking chlorella b4 bed. I wake up in less pain.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

disturbed, I know that feeling. Sometimes my husband can rub my back or leg, because he knows how much I love my Russian massage lady that I see for bodywork every 3 weeks.

He thinks he's helping. When he does it, I say rub a little lighter, honey. lol My Dad used to hug me real tight and he finally learned that he was hurting me.

When my husband hugs me tight sometimes and my reaction can be not so nice. I have to tell me him to hug me softly. Men!!!!! lol just kidding guys reading this.

I appreciate hugs, just sometimes when I'm aching all over, they hurt. That's when I know my body is toxic and the more detox methods I use during these periods the better. Remember I don't use abx and haven't for four years.

I use a rife machine to kill off the bad guys and I still herx after a rife session or I feel toxic during the 30 day lyme reproduction cycle when they come out to play.

I am someone that never had good days when I had been on abx continuence for over 2 yrs. It took me months and many different protocols to try to control my toxic body. Been learning this lyme & company within MY system since '99 dx.

I haven't won the war yet. But I'm still figuring out the part I call & company. I have recent tick bites that have muddied the picture in the last 2 yrs.

Pam

--------------------

lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the time each day is a "crap shoot" and I never know how I will wake up feeling.

I must say the worst part like Ellie said, is opening my eyes and thinking "another day of Lyme" this is my life for now and that is the hardest part for me.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather than a bus/train/truck, I usually wake up feeling like I'd been run over by a couple of bicycles and a half-loaded wheelbarrow.

Not much pain, but the stiffness and fatigue doesn't make it easy to get moving in the morning.

Sounds like my joints have been replaced by rice crispies.

Coffee is my friend. Praise to Caffeina - benevolent goddess of all things java! [bow]

Seriously tho, would love to actually wake up refreshed and ready to go some morning.

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ecowoman
Member # 8251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ecowoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just asking my husband why I felt like I was hit by a bus! How can I wake up fatigued and in pain when I just slept 11 hours? It is somehow comforting to know it is not unusual.
However, I have had an increase in frequency of feeling this way. I imagine it is a herx due to new abx beg of December. Has anybody tried some of the supplements recommended on this webiste?
http://www.endfatigue.com/
I have been meaning to try them to see if they help.

--------------------
JLT

Posts: 25 | From Columbus, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im laughing inside because I dont know either.

I have to sleep exactlly 6 hours.

If I wake up and then go back to sleep I am in MORE pain and my mind is SCREWED> I get very depressed and just want to die.

Sad but true. Yes, this is from going back to sleep to try and get some more sleep, never works!@

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it was a mack truck, nearly every morning for many years. And then long-term abx got rid of it completely! There is hope, hang in there.
Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement